All the mailbox data of PST Outlook is stored in a PST (Personal Storage Table) file. All the folders of Outlook like Inbox, Sent, Calendars, Contacts, Drafts or Archive etc. are stored in this PST data file.
You can take Backup of all your Outlook data in a PST files just by following the given steps:
- Open the Control Panel and then click on Mail option.
- Now Click on the data files... option, a new dialog box will open.
- Here you can find the location where the PST file is stored. Click on Open file location button to open the Outlook Mail Folder.
- Select the file outlook.pst or if you have an Archive then archive.pst also and then copy this PST file to removable storage or other partition of hard drive.
Once you have backup of your Outlook emails as PST file, you can Restore your all mailbox items just by Import this PST file to Outlook again.
To Import PST to Outlook just follow the given steps:
- Open File menu in MS Outlook then click on Import option.
- Choose the option ‘Import from another program or file’ then move to Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and then Next to move forward.
- Browse the desired PST file and then select the required option from the list and then Click on Next.
Your PST file is restored in MS Outlook