How Open MBOX File in Thunderbird with Best Toolkit?
An MBOX file is an archived file format to store email & messages on a UNIX system. It contains email messages, which are stored in a concatenated formation combining each message after another, starting with the From keyword. It is one of the best local formats to store mailbox data locally.
But after backup, there are many such problems when we need to open MBOX file in Thunderbird again. Today we have come to give information about a similar problem “How to open MBOX in Thunderbird?” There are multiple users who are seeking a way to view files without facing any issues or disruptions.
How to View MBOX Files in Thunderbird Manually?
It is possible for users to easily open MBOX file in Thunderbird and for that, you need to install a specific Addon. Apart from that, there is a specific limitation that allows you to view only a single file at once. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Run Thunderbird in your system.
- Add ImportExportTools NG add-on.
- Choose Tools >> ImportExportToolsNG >> Import MBOX Files option.
- Select the “Import Directly One or More MBOX files” option.
- Browse the MBOX files and folders to upload.
- Hence, you can easily view MBOX files in Thunderbird.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Users can not import multiple MBOX files to Thunderbird account in bulk.
- Folder hierarchy will not be maintained while opening the files and folders.
- Users have to install Thunderbird and ImportExportToolsNG add-ons.
Automated Approach to Open MBOX File in Thunderbird
There are a large number of users who want to view MBOX Files in the Thunderbird mail client. It has a common file type used by a number of email clients to store emails & messages in MBOX file format. Here, we recommend you use the Thunderbird Import Wizard to easily open MBOX file in Thunderbird account.
Using the mentioned utility, it is possible for users to easily open single or even multiple files in Thunderbird by managing the entire hierarchy of all the files and folders. Apart from that, users can not only open MBOX file in Thunderbird but have the ability to view files in multiple other supported email clients.
Note: The software comes with a test mode which allows you to open only the first few emails at a time. To view an unlimited number of emails, we recommend you use the premium version.
Quick Steps to Open MBOX in Thunderbird
- Step 1: Open and run the software.
- Step 2: Upload the MBOX Files and folders.
- Step 3: Select the required data from panel.
- Step 4: Choose Thunderbird and browse path.
- Step 5: Click on the Next icon to start process.
How to Read MBOX Files in Thunderbird? – Complete Guide
- Run the mentioned tool in your existing system.
- Upload MBOX files or folders directly from the system on the panel using the Select Files and Select Folders options.
- Choose all the Folders and subfolders listed in the software panel to open MBOX file in Thunderbird account.
- Set the saving option as Thunderbird from the dropdown.
- Click on the Browse button to select the destination to save the resultant data and if you want to open MBOX file in Thunderbird then don’t change the default path.
- Lastly, click on the Next button to view MBOX files in Thunderbird account.
- After the complete process, a confirmation message will appear, and click on the OK button.
Advanced and Prime Features of the Software
- Open MBOX file in Thunderbird email account by automatically detecting the default Thunderbird Profile location.
- Serves dual ways to load source MBOX Files in software i.e., click on Select Folders or Select Files
- It is mandatory & a necessary condition for the users to have the Thunderbird email client successfully installed on their PC.
- This amazing utility supports opening all mailbox emails into Thunderbird along with inserted attachments of all types & formats.
- The utility will preserve all the internal system folder structure & on-disk hierarchy while opening MBOX Files.
- Also, the integrity of emails will remain intact while opening multiple files into the Thunderbird program as the software will protect all the formatting and metadata information of resultant mailbox items.
- The utility is compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows OS PCs like Windows 11, 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc. for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
- Users can open only selective MBOX files or folders into Thunderbird email clients by choosing them specifically.
There are a large number of users who are not still familiar with the MBOX file format & its relation with the Thunderbird email client. Hence, to deal with this issue, there are thousands of users who want to open MBOX file in Thunderbird email client. They look for all the options & solutions available at present time to deal with them.
One can choose Addon– A free plugin from a third-party developer, which delivers users the option to load only a single MBOX file. While Professional utility will lead the users to view MBOX files in Thunderbird email client in batch mode successfully. For more information, you can contact us via live chat or email process.