How to Backup Gmail Account Before Deleting? Step by Step Guide
If you’ve ever worked with Google or just have an old account that you don’t use anymore, the steps outlined here will show you how to delete your Google account. Do you have a working knowledge of how to backup Gmail account before deleting it? If your response is “no,” then you should keep reading this article to get familiar with every asset.
It is essential to create a backup of your Gmail account prior to removal it before moving on to the next step. Because there is a possibility that you may need any more data that is saved in your Gmail account shortly, and you can access it there.
So, in this article, we will take you by hand and show you how to backup Gmail account ahead deleting it. After reviewing all of the available options for backup, you may then continue with the process of transferring Gmail data. There are two methods of backup, which are explained below.
Manual Method to Save All Emails from Gmail Before Deleting Account
Here we will show you 2 manual methods, which you will get on the internet. here we explained these methods with complete steps and restrictions to Save Gmail Emails Before Deleting Gmail Account. Methods are given below one by one:
Method 1: Backup Gmail Emails using Google Takeout
To back up your Gmail account before deleting it, you can use Google Takeout to export your Gmail emails in MBOX format. You can also use Takeout to download other Google applications, such as contacts, calendars, and Drive.
- Click on the Google takeout and log in with your Gmail details.
- Now hit the “Deselect All” option from the top corner to backup Gmail account ahead deleting it.
- After that, select the required data from the list and scroll down, and hit the “Next Step” icon.
- And then select the options “Frequency” and “File type & size” option as per your need.
- Lastly hit the “Export” icon to backup Gmail accounts before deleting it.
The process will export the Gmail emails in MBOX format. so must have the MBOX-supported email client to view the data. and this procedure will take 10 to 15 days to complete.
Method 2: Save Gmail as PDF Format
Here we will show you the steps to convert Gmail Emails into PDF Before Deleting Gmail Account. All the steps are given below:
- Open a Gmail account on your machine.
- After that, open the email that you want to save.
- Hit the three dots from the top right corner and choose the “Print” option to backup Google mail account before deleting it.
- After that, a window will appear, now choose the destination “Save as PDF” option from the list. And apply the filters.
- Lastly, hit the Save button and browse the saving location.
The procedure time taking and lengthy process. Also, users must have to repeat the procedure again and again for each email.
Direct Solution to Backup Gmail Account before Deleting
All in one RecoveryTools Gmail Email Backup Tool is superior and one of the best solutions to backup Gmail accounts before deleting them. This software is a highly recommended tool in the market. Many IT experts and professional users prefer this software because of its high level and advanced features.
Like the software allows users to save emails before deleting account. Also, users can backup Gmail emails in bulk without any restrictions. The software allows users to backup data from the Gmail folders and labels including all attachments. Some of the amazing features are mentioned below:
How to Quick Backup Gmail Account Before Deleting?
- Firstly, install & run Gmail Backup Tool before deleting.
- Then, login using Gmail credential (use app password here).
- Now choose a saving format for backup file.
- Then choose a destination location for saving output file.
- Finally, click on “Backup” to start saving process.
Why Professional Tool than Manual Methods?
- The software has advanced features to backup multiple email accounts at one time without any file size restrictions.
- The utility provides 25+ file formats and email clients to save the email including PST, MBOX, PDF, MSG, EML, Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and other applications.
- The software has multiple advanced filters like users can save specific Gmail data via Date, To, From, and Subject. Also using advanced filter users can manage their backup data.
- Also, this software maintains the original file structure and attributes including Bcc, Cc, To, Date, From, Subject, Formatting, Inline, Images, Attachments, and other elements to back up the Gmail account before deleting.
- It comes with a simple and user-friendly interface for all technical and non-technical users.
- Users can save the data of all Gmail folders like Inbox, Sent, Trash, Draft, Spam and other customize labels.
- Also, it allows users to save complete data of their Gmail accounts including email, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, and other data.
How to Save Emails Before Deleting Account Gmail?
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- And then, enter the Gmail email address and the password (app password) and hit the “Login” button.
- Now all the files and folders will appear on the screen select the required data and select the “Next” icon.
- After that, press on the “Select Saving Option” and select the required email format as per your need (we are selecting PDF format).
- Browse the saving location according to your needs and apply the file naming option.
- Lastly, press the “Backup” icon to backup Gmail account before deleting it.
Why should I backup my Gmail account before deleting it?
Backing up your Gmail account is crucial to prevent the loss of important emails, attachments, and other data. Deleting your account without a backup means you may lose access to valuable information permanently.
Is it necessary to backup my Gmail account if I’m deleting it?
While it’s not mandatory to backup your Gmail account before deleting it, it’s highly recommended. Backup ensures you have a copy of your important data, emails, and attachments, which can be invaluable in case you ever need to recover your account or access old information.
How often should I backup my Gmail account?
The frequency of backups depends on your individual needs. For most users, periodic backups, such as once a month, should suffice. However, if you receive critical emails or data frequently, consider more frequent backups to minimize data loss risk.
Is it possible to backup specific emails or folders from my Gmail account?
Yes, when utilizing tools such as the Gmail Backup Tool, you have the option to choose specific labels or folders to incorporate into your backup. This feature enables you to prioritize the backup of your most critical emails and data. Additionally, the tool provides a variety of other filtering options to further refine your backup preferences.
Backing up your Gmail account is a crucial step in protecting your valuable data and ensuring a smooth transition if the need arises. Whether you choose Google Takeout, or a professional tool for Google mail backup, the key is to take action and secure your digital life. Don’t leave the fate of your Gmail data to chance. Follow our guide lines for how to backup Gmail account before deleting.
In this article, we give you a way that will save you time when backup Gmail account before deleting it. In this section, we discussed manual approaches, each of which has its own set of constraints. Therefore, it is recommended that you seek assistance from third-party applications such as RecoveryTools Gmail Email Backup. Incredible features have been included in the software, making it very user-friendly to Save Emails Before Deleting Gmail Account.