A Simple Guide to Migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook
If you’ve been using Thunderbird for a while and want to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook, the process can be a little daunting. However, importing mail from Thunderbird to Outlook can be done quickly and easily with an optimal approach. In this article, we have covered the most proficient methods to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2016, and 2013 in a hassle-free manner.
Thunderbird is an open-source and free-to-use email client available cross-platform i.e., Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Mac, etc. It can be said to be the lifeline for a large number of small organizations and individual users. Because it gives them the ability to fully manage their mailboxes without any cost.
Like Thunderbird, Outlook is one of the most widely used email client applications in the world. It is recommended for large organizations because of its connectivity with Exchange Server. Outlook allows users to work offline when the connection to the server is disconnected and sync all changes when they resume later.
User Queries to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
Query 1: After moving to another job, it was very difficult for me to continue working with the Thunderbird email client application. But I have lots of important work inside the Thunderbird. Recently I got a new subscription to Outlook 2019 client. That’s why I’m in urgent need to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 2019. Does anyone know how to do it? I will appreciate your time.
Query 2: Hi, I have been using the Thunderbird email client application for the last 2 years. Now, I have lots of important emails inside the Thunderbird local folders. I want to move all my email databases to my New Outlook 2021 email client application. Does anyone know how to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook? Please Help Me!!!!
To solve all these types of queries, we have three methods here. Using them any user can migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. Whether it’s local folders or Thunderbird profiles, as long as it reside, all the mailbox folders can be exported into the Microsoft Outlook email client. Let us start with the expert-recommended solution first.
Instant Solution to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook
One such advanced utility is the RecoveryTools Thunderbird Converter. The software allows users to export emails, address books, calendars, and other mailbox data items directly to MS Outlook. Moreover, the tool will allow you to create a UNICODE PST file that can be easily imported into all the latest versions of Outlook i.e., Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.
Just Free Download Thunderbird to Outlook Converter to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook:
Note: This Thunderbird to Outlook converter is available for both Mac and Windows computers. You can also download the free edition of this application to export 25 emails per folder.
Steps to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
- Step 1: Launch the Thunderbird to Outlook converter.
- Step 2: Select Thunderbird data with auto & manual mode.
- Step 3: Choose the required Thunderbird folders.
- Step 4: Choose PST option and set the location path.
- Step 5: Finally, export Thunderbird emails to Outlook profile.
Key Benefits of Thunderbird to Outlook Converter
- Autoload Configured Thunderbird Mailbox Items: Most of the time the biggest challenge a user faces is finding the location of their Thunderbird mailbox items to perform the conversion. In that scenario, this converter utility proves beneficial. As it provides a direct option to load Thunderbird mailbox items from your default locations.
- Keep Thunderbird Properties & Folder Hierarchy Structure: While importing Thunderbird, the software maintains your Thunderbird folder hierarchy structure. Not only this, but the software also keeps your email properties during the migrate Thunderbird to Outlook process. Such as Emails with attachments, email addresses (to, cc, bcc, from), email subjects, email images, text, hyperlinks, etc.
- No Outlook Installation is Required: This application does not need Outlook installation to perform the conversion process. You can also export emails and address books without Outlook installation. The utility is completely standalone & independent from any third-party plugin or application installation.
- Create UNICODE PST File for All Latest Outlook Editions: The Thunderbird to Outlook converter allows you to create a UNICODE PST file. This file supports all the latest Outlook editions. Now, you can easily migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
- Save the Resultant File in the Desired Folder: The Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is designed to provide complete assistance to the user during the Thunderbird to Outlook migration. By default, the software saves the resultant data at the user’s computer desktop location. You can also change this location by clicking on the browser button. Also, you can choose the external location such as a pen drive, external hard drive, etc.
How to Migrate Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook Account?
- Install and run Thunderbird to Outlook Converter on your Mac or Windows PC.
- You can load Thunderbird profiles with auto-locate mode as well as manually with dual selection options. The utility provides a separate option to convert Thunderbird Emails, Contacts, and calendars.
- Select the required Thunderbird Mailbox Local Folders like Inbox, Drafts, etc.
- Then, choose the PST option from the list of 30+ Saving options.
- Enable the Advanced Filter Option from the Filter Options tab.
- Set the resultant location path to save data at the desired location.
- Click on the Convert button & analyze the live conversion process to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Once the process is finished, access the resultant PST files & open them in Outlook.
After completing these steps, the process to Export Thunderbird to PST is complete. It’s best to double-check that everything transfers correctly by importing the file into Outlook to access its data. It can be done by going to File -> Open & Export -> Import/Export wizard in MS Outlook.
Method 2: Export Thunderbird to Outlook
- Open your Thunderbird account.
- Click on the Tools >> Account Settings option.
- Hit on the Account Actions >> Add Mail Account option.
- Enter the login details of your Outlook account and hit the Continue button.
- Now put the IMAP/POP details of your account.
- Lastly, click on the Finish button.
If this method does not work for you, or you are facing errors while connecting the accounts, then use method 3 to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook.
Method 3: Transfer Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook
This method is divided into two manual steps, you have to follow both steps one by one.
Step 1: Export Emails from Thunderbird
- Open your Thunderbird account.
- Right-click on the folder, which you want to export.
- Choose ImportExportTools NG >> Export All Messages in Folder >> EML Format option.
- Browse the location to save the emails and hit the Open button.
Step 2: Open the Exported EML File in Outlook
- Go to the location, where your emails are stored.
- Right-click on any email, which you want to open.
- Choose Open With >> Outlook option.
- And your EML file will open in Outlook successfully.
Drawbacks of this Manual Method
- Users have to follow two steps to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Folder hierarchy and data integrity will not be maintained.
- Users have to repeat the same process for each email.
- There is no bulk migration option available.
Method 4: Migrate Thunderbird Emails to Outlook using Gmail
Here users have to follow two manual steps to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. First, we will connect the Thunderbird into Gmail and move emails and then we will connect the same Gmail account in Outlook and move the uploaded emails into the Thunderbird account.
Step 1: Configure Email Account in Thunderbird
- Open a Thunderbird account.
- Click on the Tools >> Account Settings options.
- Choose Account Actions >> Add Mail Account buttons.
- Enter your name, email address, and app password in the fields provided and click Continue.
- Put the IMAP details of your Gmail account and hit the Finish button.
Now your Gmail account will appear in Thunderbird, and create a new folder in it and move emails from your Thunderbird account into the new folder by right-clicking on it and choosing the Move To option. Now we will connect the same account in Outlook.
Step 2: Connect the Same Gmail Account in Outlook
To set up the same email account in Outlook, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click File, then click Add Account.
- Enter your full Gmail email address and click Connect.
- When prompted, enter your Gmail password and click Sign In.
- Outlook will automatically configure your Gmail account settings.
- Click Allow on the Google Permissions Access page.
- Finally, click Done to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook.
Your email account should now be set up and ready to use in Outlook.
- Recreate all the folders in Outlook as present in the configured account.
- Finally, move all the emails from the new account to the Outlook folders.
- Thus, you have successfully transferred Thunderbird emails to Outlook via synchronization.
It is evident from these steps that the whole process is very lengthy. Furthermore, data synchronization is not a short process and here it occurs twice, once in both email clients. Therefore, using this method to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook only makes sense if you have a small Thunderbird database.
Migrating from Thunderbird to Outlook doesn’t have to be a daunting process. By following this simple guide, you can easily export Thunderbird emails to Outlook and still use all your favorite features. So, if you’re ready to make the switch, go ahead and give it a try!
Here, we have three different methods to complete the migration process. It’s important to note that while Thunderbird has an export function, it doesn’t export emails in a format that is easy to import into Outlook. This means that you need a third-party tool to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook. Users can use the free demo version to move the first 25 emails from Thunderbird to the MS Outlook email client. If you have any doubts about the solution and its process, contact us via. chat or email.