How to Switch from Gmail to Outlook.com to Import, Migrate, or Transfer Emails?
This article gives users a free way to import Gmail to Outook.com account accurately. We also discuss the challenges while switch from Gmail to Outlook.com using free manual tricks. To overcome all these challenges, we also try to find out a third-party Gmail to Outlook.com Migration tool which provides direct option to do so without requiring any technical knowledge.
Why to Migrate from Gmail to Outlook.com?
Are you tired of Google snooping in your mailbox serving some unnecessary and targeting Ads? Outlook.com may be a better alternative for you in this scenario as by subscribing to it, you are completely away from all boring Advertisements. If you want to Keep your Gmail email address but is fond of interface of Outlook.com to send mail from it. The requirements of users for the migration from Gmail to Outlook.com has increased in recent time. Some of them are listed below from various trusted resources:
“I have set up forwarding of all emails to my Outlook.com account from Gmail for both my wife and me. Mostly it works fine. However, we get emails to our Gmail accounts from Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and they do not get forwarded. They are received OK by Gmail, but they stay in the Gmail inbox and do not turn up in Outlook.com. Outlook.com is not labelling them “spam” as the “junk” folder is empty. They do not turn up in any Outlook folders at all. I am not using filters of any description in Gmail. If I manually forward the email from the Gmail inbox they appear in Outlook.com within a few seconds.
Is there some way of logging what Gmail is doing to these emails? This has been happening consistently for a few weeks and I’ve tried everything.”
“Access Outlook.com from Gmail Yes, why would you want to do this? Well there are some people!
Is it possible to access Outlook.com (Windows 7, Office 365 for Business) from a Gmail account just to send and receive mail? If so, how so?”
In that case, when a user decided to switch from Gmail to Office 365 Webmail service then there are two methods possible.
- Connect, Add or Configure your Old Gmail Account with Outlook.com: Any user is able to access your Google Mail account into Outlook.com Webmail account. A user can easily connect Gmail account with Outlook.com account without requiring Outlook App installation in your system.
- Import Copy of all Gmail Mailbox Data to Outlook.com Account: In this way, any user can have all emails present in one account. Choose a third-party Gmail to Outlook.com Migration Toolkit which provides direct option to Export Mailbox items form Gmail.
Migration from Gmail to Outlook.com gives users access of host with useful features such as marketing mail as read with one click and setting organizational rules. You will also love the ribbon-based interactive interface of Outlook.com for Web. You can also engage more users and increase your productivity by connecting your several Social Networking accounts to your Outlook.com profile.
How to Import Gmail to Outlook.com for Free?
Bringing your email directly from Gmail to Outlook.com is not an easy task. It is a very complicated process and requires very advanced technical knowledge. It can be done free of cost by following few steps:
- Prepare your Gmail Account for the migration into Microsoft Outlook.com account.
- Click on Settings icon in the top navigation bar in Outlook.com account. Select on Options button.
- Follow Import Email accounts from Managing your Account option and then select Google option under choose from where you want to import your account.
- To have Outlook.com create a new top-level folder under which all messages imported from Gmail will be stored.
- Click on Start button but you first need to login to your Gmail account from where you want to export messages.
- Open Gmail under Setup forwarding from your Gmail account and then automatically configure the Gmail account to automatically forward newly incoming emails to your Outlook.com address.
The above discussed method enables you to import folders and messages form Gmail account to Outlook.com. The whole process took place in background in your custom or depending folder. But as you can see it requires a lot of efforts, time consuming, advanced technical knowledge and does not proves to be preferred choice for the email migration.
Easy Way to Switch from Gmail to Outlook.com Account:
The above described method is very tricky and therefore to reduce its complexity a third-part Gmail to Outlook.com Migration tool is released. This application is completely standalone and hence does not requires installation of Outlook App in your PC. The utility is well compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows including Windows 10 for both 32, 64-bit OS. As the working of this application is very easy and can be understood with the help of following simplified steps:
- Download, Install & Run Gmail Backup Tool & then choose & enter login credentials for Gmail account.
- Select all the required emails from Gmail mailbox and then choose Outlook.com in Select Saving options list.
- Enter User ID & Password of resultant Outlook.com Mail account. One can also use Advanced Settings for Selective Backup of items on the basis of some filters.
- Click on Backup button and then the application will start uploading Gmail emails to Outlook.com account.
As you can see that the migration of Gmail to Outlook.com account can be done so easily in four steps. No advanced or technical knowledge is required for the migration. The working of the application is very accurate and perform the whole migration process within few minutes.
The Verge: In the above article we described various reasons for Gmail to Outlook.com Migration. We go through manual free approach to import Gmail emails to Outlook.com. As the manual method is very time consuming hence we also discussed an advanced Gmail to Outlook.com migration toolkit which provides users direct option to do so. Some of the major features of this utility are describes below:
- Import a copy of Gmail mailbox items to Outlook.com instantly
- Allows to migrate emails to Outlook.com along with attachments
- Maintains On-disk System Folder Hierarchy & Email Metadata attributes
- Allows the users to do selective migration of mailbox items on the basis of advanced filters
- Fully automatic process and hence does not requires any manual tricks to import the mailbox items.