How to Import Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Mail – Quick Solution
The process of importing Outlook contacts to Thunderbird Address Book is possible manually. The only issue is it supports a limited number of fields allowed to be imported.
Another problem user faces while exporting Outlook contacts & address book to Thunderbird is keeping the original copy of contacts. Users need to keep the original details in a CSV file before the migration. It will help as a backup of your Outlook contacts in case of any mishandling.
If you are moving from Microsoft Outlook to Thunderbird email client, then it is also crucial to migrating your address book too. Both Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, & Mozilla Thunderbird supports CSV file.
Outlook email client provides a direct option in its window to export contacts to a CSV file. Once you obtain the CSV, use it to import Outlook contacts into Thunderbird mail.
The best solution to convert Outlook contacts & address book is by using Outlook Converter software. It will create a CSV file from PST or OST file. The toolkit can convert details of PST file obtained from all Outlook editions including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Free download the trial of the utility from the below button:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Demo Limitation: Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Converter tool has a trial limitation to export only the first 25 address book items. If you want to migrate Outlook Address Book into Thunderbird, purchase the license key & activate the software.
It is a two-step method to migrate Outlook contacts to Thunderbird Address Book.
A). Export Outlook Contacts to a CSV File
B). Import CSV file into Thunderbird Mail
Part A: Follow the detailed steps to know how to export Outlook contacts:
- Run the software & Browse for the source PST files.
- Select the folder having PST files or choose only the PST file.
- Reverify the source file location & click on the Next button to continue.
- Select all the required address book folders in the application panel for the conversion.
- Choose the CSV option from the list of Saving options as displayed in the application panel.
- Set up all options to export Outlook PST Contacts as per requirements.
- Click on the Convert button to Continue & click on the OK button to exit from the software.
- Access the resultant CSV files directly from the selected destination path.
Part B: How to Import Outlook PST Contacts to Thunderbird Mail?
One can successfully import Outlook Contacts to Thunderbird Mail account as in the form of CSV files. Users only needed to follow these simple steps to better understand the whole process.
- Run Thunderbird & from Tools, choose Address Book
- Thunderbird Address Book will be opened in New Windows.
- From the Tools menu of Address Book, choose Import…
- The Import Wizard will open, from here select Address Book
- It provides direct option to import Outlook, Text File (LDIF, .tab, .csv, .txt) or vCard (.vcf) files into Thunderbird.
- Select the CSV file & click on the Open button to Continue.
- It will display Mapping of Fields as well records to Move Up/Down.
- Once done click on the Finish button to Exit from Import Wizard.
- Preview your Outlook Contacts in Thunderbird Address Book.
As from above, we can easily conclude that user can easily import their mailbox items from Outlook PST to Thunderbird Mail account.
FAQs – How to Import Outlook Address Book to Thunderbird
I have Outlook contacts as a vCard file. Are vCard files supported in Thunderbird?
Yes, Thunderbird supports all types of contacts & address book format. It supports to import an address book from text file, including LDIF (.ldif, ldi), tab-delimited (.txt, .tab), vCard (.vcf) or comma separated values (.csv) formats.
Does this application map my all fields while migrating contacts from Outlook Address book into Thunderbird?
Yes, the software is self-capable to map details of Outlook address book fields automatically into CSV files.
Do I need an Outlook email client configured in my system to export contacts?
No, it is a completely standalone application to perform its work. It can work on a system having no Outlook installed or configured.
I have 15 GB of PST file that has my Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc. I want to export only contacts from this PST file into the Thunderbird email client. Does your toolkit allow me to move only contacts?
Yes, the application provides an option to separately convert Contacts to Thunderbird Contacts format. You can import only specific items from your PST file with this software.
Can I run it on my PC running on Windows 10?
Yes, the software supports all latest versions of Microsoft Windows including Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
That’s All Folks:
The above article is best for the users who want to know how to migrate their Outlook contacts into Thunderbird mail. Outlook stores all of its data into PST files, hence we suggest a toolkit that processes only PST files.
Export only contacts from a PST file into Mozilla Thunderbird address book using a professional toolkit. The above-explained software has a direct option to export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird address book with complete data.