How to Import EML to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 & All Versions?
In this article, users will get to know about how to import EML to Outlook in different versions of Outlook such as 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and others. This importing process will be done using different manual methods and using a highly-rated solution.
EML files are known as a single email storage file that contains the complete data present in a single email along with all the data items in an original structure.
Users usually import EML to Outlook when they want to access the EML files. But it cannot be done directly. So, to overcome this problem, let’s understand the step by step process to import EML files into Outlook.
Keep in mind that some solutions are specifically meant for selective users. But rest assured you will get the intended results at the end of the methods. So, let us start with the free manual methods first.
How to Upload EML Files to Outlook Account Manually?
When it comes to open EML files, you can use free manual solutions. However, in the case of multiple EML files, free solutions are not suggested.
Method 1: Import EML to Outlook Directly
- Locate the EML files, select one, and right-click on it.
- Click on Open With and select Outlook.
- It will automatically launch Outlook and view email along with all attributes.
- To import a file, click on Move from the ribbon bar and select the Outlook folder.
The “Open with” option allows users to import EML to Outlook individually. So, one must repeat the steps for each file. This makes the solution really troublesome when dealing with a significant number of files. Also, Outlook installation is required to import EML to Outlook directly.
Method 2: Using Windows Live Mail
Important Note: Windows Live Mail email client has been discontinued by Microsoft. So if you are using Windows 7 and above version, then skip this method.
- Launch the WLM application.
- Import EML files with File >> Import messages >> WLM options.
- Then, click on File >> Export email >> Email Messages.
- Select Microsoft Exchange and click the Next button.
- Click OK on the confirmation window that appears.
- Choose the folder containing EML files that you wish to import into Outlook.
- Wait for the process to complete and click the Finish button.
Manual methods are perfect for certain amount of EML file, but these methods have some limitations which are described above the methods.
So, if you don’t want to face any error or limitations, then you should follow the professional tool. Complete information about the software and step by step guide to import EML to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
Professional Tool to Import EML to Outlook Account
We recommend you to use one of the best utilities i.e., RecoveryTools EML Converter. The utility has been developed with a flexible algorithm that can be easily utilized by all the users whether they are a novice or technical users.
Apart from that, compared to other solutions present in the market, it provides better and unique features to carry out the task. While importing not only single but multiple files, it will maintain the consistency of the data throughout the process. One can batch import multiple EML files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and in other versions.
Moreover, this mentioned utility also supports other formats such as:
- How to Convert EML to PDF Format?
- How to Convert EML Files to HTML?
- How to Import EML to Yahoo Mail?
- How to Import EML Files to Gmail?
- How to Import EML File to Office 365?
Just Download the Free Demo Version of EML to Outlook Converter for free of cost to import EML to Outlook.
Quick Steps to Import EML Files to Outlook
- Step 1: Download the software and install it.
- Step 2: Add the EML files and folders to panel.
- Step 3: Check the required folders and subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose PST option from saving list.
- Step 5: Select the destination as per choice.
- Step 6: Click on the Convert button to import EML to Outlook.
How to Transfer EML Files to Outlook Account? Step by Step
- Download the software on your system and install it.
- Upload the single and multiple EML files/folders using Select Files and Select Folders options.
- All the data will appear on the screen, and check the required folders and subfolders from the screen and hit on the Next button.
- Hit on the Select Saving Option and choose PST from the saving list.
- Click on the Filter Options and enable the advanced filter to import EML to Outlook selectively.
- Enable the Separate PST per User and browse the location to save the resultant data.
- Lastly, click on the Convert button to upload EML files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
Import the Resultant File into Outlook
- Run Outlook on your Windows PC.
- Select the File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Choose Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File and then click on the Next button.
- Browse for the Outlook data file and then select the option Replace duplicate with items imported.
- Choose the folders to import selective data and then click on the Finish button.
Advanced Features & Benefits of EML to Outlook Converter
- The software has very simple and easy to use interface for all technical and non-technical users.
- Provides dual options to load the .EML and .EMLx files either by selecting files or by selecting folders.
- Display the preview of all the data on the screen and allows users to choose a selective number of files or folders from the displayed data.
- This EML to Outlook Converter supports all types of EML files to directly load on the panel whether they are corrupted, damaged, orphaned, or other .EMLx files.
- It maintains all the EML properties and metadata information. It manages the email headers and other metadata properties such as To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Date, etc.
- Even the entire layout manages properly along with maintaining the hierarchy of the data to import EML to Outlook.
- Also, it is a self-sustainable solution that does not need any kind of technical guidance and can run without any extra installation.
- This software supports all types of EML file exported from any email client including Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Outlook not opening .EML files?
There are multiple reasons, why is Outlook not opening .EML file such as:
- May be your EML file is corrupted.
- Or may be Outlook profile is not working.
- Its also happen, when Outlook version doesn’t compatible with EML file, so make sure you are using right version.
- What is the difference between PST and EML?
PST: This file format is created by Outlook account, which contains complete data of Outlook including emails, contacts, calendar, notes, journals, tasks etc.
EML: Stands for Electronic Mail Format, which contains only single email data including email header data and body data
- Does Outlook 365 support EML files?
No, Outlook 365 doesn’t support EML file directly.
In this article, we get to know about how to easily import EML files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other versions. A large number of organizations and IT admins are requiring a perfect solution to import multiple files without any size limitations, which too, is only possible with using the professional approach mentioned above.
However, some users, who only need to import EML to Outlook for a limited number of files can go with manual methods. If you face any kind of issues then you can anytime connect with our technical experts.