How to Import Emails from Thunderbird to Gmail or Google Workspace Account?
Why Import Thunderbird to Gmail Account?
Gmail gives users a huge advantage with large cloud storage, advanced search capabilities, and universal access anytime, anywhere.
Because Thunderbird is a free desktop email client, it does not have all of the above features. The user can implement all of these features by simply importing emails from Thunderbird into their Gmail account in minutes to make inbox items more accessible, searchable side-by-side using secure storage.
I’ve been using Thunderbird for years, and now I’d like to export all my folders to a Gmail account.
All the tips I’ve seen tell me about creating a Gmail account in Thunderbird and that mail folders will have subfolders in my Gmail account. From what I can see, these are already subfolders of my Gmail account, but these folders never appeared in my Gmail browser.
Is there a way to force these mail folders and related files to appear in my Gmail account (browser)? If not, how can I export this email? “
How to Import Thunderbird to G Suite Account Professionally?
One such application is RecoveryTools Thunderbird Migrator, which gives users a direct option to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Gmail account. This software is self-capable to detect the default Thunderbird profile location. Users only need to provide resultant Gmail/G Suite account login credentials in the application panel.
Download the free trial of this software from the below button:
Trial Limitation: The free trial of the Thunderbird to Gmail migration tool will allow the users to export only the first 25 emails from each folder. However, if you want to convert unlimited Thunderbird emails to G Suite account, then you need to first activate this software.
Follow these steps to understand Thunderbird to Google Workspace migration:
- Install & Run Thunderbird to G Suite migration.
- Load Thunderbird mailbox items & choose items.
- Setup Thunderbird to Gmail migration process.
- Click Next & analyze the live conversion process.
- Check Gmail mailboxes after the process finished successfully.
Features of Thunderbird to Gmail Migration Tool:
- Automatically detect and load mailbox items from configured Thunderbird Profile location.
- The software is completely standalone to do Thunderbird to Gmail Migration without requiring Google Apps Migration Tool
- The software does not offer any file-size limitation to import Thunderbird emails to G Suite Account.
- Migrate Thunderbird to Gmail Account including all email properties and embedded attachments.
- Batch mode to transfer emails from multiple Thunderbird users to Gmail.
- Dual method to load Thunderbird Mailbox items as By Files or By Folders.
- The utility is available in various international languages to be installed on a PC.
- The software is fully compatible with all the latest Windows OS including Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc. for both 32 & 64-bit.
- Applicable to migrate Thunderbird emails to Gmail, G Suite, or Google Apps for Business.
How to Migrate Thunderbird Emails to Google Mail / Google Workspace Account?
This toolkit is designed to provide the simple procedure to migrate Thunderbird emails to G Suite account.
- Install & run the application & read the instructions on the home screen.
- In the next step, it gives users the option to Convert Thunderbird Emails or to convert Thunderbird contacts and Calendars. Choose Convert Emails.
- It gives various options to load Thunderbird Mailbox items. However, the tool will automatically detect configured Thunderbird Mailbox data or users can select Thunderbird Profile or Thunderbird Files manually.
- Select only the required mailbox items or Thunderbird Folder data.
- Now, Choose the Gmail/G Suite option from the list of File Saving Options.
- Setup Thunderbird to Gmail transfer options like change language, copy to the default folder, etc.
- Enter Gmail Account Login Credentials of the resultant account in the application panel.
- Click on the Convert button & analyze the live conversion process in the utility panel.
- In the end, the Thunderbird to Gmail Migration finished successfully, login to your Gmail account & access resultant messages in the Gmail mailbox.
How to Forward Emails from Thunderbird to Gmail?
- Login to Gmail Account, and from Gear icon at right, choose Settings.
- Choose ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab, & ‘Enable IMAP’ from ‘IMAP Access’
- Click on the Save Changes button & then launch Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer.
- From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- In the Account Actions drop-down menu, click on Add Mail Account option.
- Set up Gmail account in Thunderbird by providing Name, Email ID & Password.
- Click on the Continue button, select the IMAP option & then Done to populate Thunderbird all Gmail Folders and Emails.
- Copy/Paste Thunderbird emails to any folder or you can create a new folder. Your Gmail account will instantly get updated with the new emails.
Why Forwarding is not a Good Option?
As we can see that forwarding Thunderbird emails to Gmail are not a wise choice for the users. So, to overcome its limitations, we will use third-party software which allows users a direct option to migrate Thunderbird emails to Google Apps or G Suite.
In case when the user chooses to forward messages it will not help as a fully functional solution. The emails will lose the original senders and sent emails won’t appear. Users will not use Conversation View of Gmail which groups emails on the same topic. Basically, the method is not suitable for non-technical users as it is not easy to perform the whole process.
In this article, we go through various queries of users and try to find out their possible solutions. So, a large number of users are looking of a way to solve these problems so that they can instantly upload their mailbox items to Gmail on cloud. Manually, that was a very difficult task to perform Thunderbird to G Suite migration, hence we will use a professional Thunderbird to Gmail Transfer software.