Import MBOX to Outlook in Few Easy Steps
Want to import MBOX to Outlook but don’t have any idea where to start from? Don’t worry. In this write-up, we have explained the most proficient technique to open files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and prior versions.
Nowadays, Email is an essential medium for communication with business people, friends, or anyone. There are plenty of individuals who use MBOX email client services but after some time gets fed up due to different problems with these files. Our technical support team often gets queries regarding how to open MBOX file in Outlook.
There can be multiple reasons why a user wants to import the data. Among these reasons, the most prominent ones are platform dependency on MBOX format, MBOX file corruption, and switching to new email services. Well, our clients disclose to us they view Outlook as their hub to adequately communicate at the workplace. Users like the consistent experience of their Outlook inbox as it is so easy to use that one can go with it without any prior training.
Table of Content:
MBOX to Outlook User Queries
Query 1: For emails that I need to send to my clients, I simply fetch and deliver them the MBOX files. However, there are those who need the data in PST format, since they recently shifted to Microsoft Outlook. Now, I need to provide them with the relevant file. Is there a way for me to import MBOX emails to Microsoft Outlook 2019?
Query 2: For the past few days, I am looking for a solution that could allow me to import MBOX to Outlook 2013. Actually, I have some Eudora mail files which I intend to view in the Outlook application on my new computer. Can you guide me on how to open these files in Outlook?
Query 3: I tried to open MBOX file in Outlook on my latest Windows 11 machine. However, failed in this attempt. How can I do that without any loss of information?
Our support team receives such queries on a regular basis. Mostly, users try to open their MBOX files into Outlook using manual methods. But due to a lack of technical knowledge and the shortcomings of the free methods, users don’t get satisfactory results.
We have here both the free methods and a one-stop solution to help you move the data with 100% accuracy.
Ist Method – Manually Import MBOX to Outlook
This approach requires the use of a Thunderbird and a new Gmail account. Once you have both, follow the steps given below to import files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, or 2013.
Hint: Make a backup of your MBOX files before proceeding with the given solution to avoid data loss.
Step-1: Rectify the settings in the Gmail account:
- Open Gmail.
- First click on the Gear button, then See all Settings.
- After that, go to the Forwarding and Pop/Imap tab.
- Scroll down and tick the Enable IMAP option.
- Click Save to save the changes made.
Step-2: Configure a Gmail account in Thunderbird
- Run Thunderbird email client.
- Select set up existing email address.
- Enter your name, email id, and password, then click Continue
- After that, select IMAP, and click Done.
- Re-enter the credentials in the follow-up Google window
- Allow the permissions.
- A Gmail account will appear on your email client.
Step-3: Import the MBOX file to the Thunderbird
- Install the ImportExportTools NG add-on.
- Then, go to Local Folders, and right-click on it.
- Select ImportExportTools NG | Import MBOX file.
- Proceed to select and import the file that you want to import into Outlook.
Step-4: Move data from MBOX to Gmail account:
- Open the MBOX folder.
- Select the emails, right-click Copy to and select the new Gmail account.
- Proceed to copy the emails to this new account.
- Let the process complete.
Step-5: Add Gmail to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Configure the same Gmail account here.
- Let the email synchronize.
Well, that’s it! With this, you have now opened all MBOX files in the Outlook application. Of course, it will take a lot of time to complete but it’s free and that matters. If you are in a hurry or the manual methods are not a good fit since your data is too important to take a risk, go for the professional solution next.
IInd Method – Export MBOX to Outlook with Drag and Drop
Another method to export MBOX files to Outlook is to drag and drop the MBOX messages from Thunderbird email client. The complete process is as follows:
- Install ImportExportTools NG and import the MBOX file using it
- Drag and drop the imported messages onto your desktop.
- It creates EML file for each dropped message.
- Now open Outlook, and drag and drop these files into any empty folder in Outlook.
- The MBOX emails are now in Outlook.
How easy, right? Unfortunately, while this method is the most suggested method online, it is completely misleading. The EML files when dropped into Outlook acts as an attachment and is not identified as an email message by Outlook. You can try it with 5-10 emails to see it for yourself. You will have to save all the dropped messages one at a time with “Move to” option to get the job done. So, avoid this method if you can.
IIIrd Method – A One-Stop Solution to Import MBOX Files to Outlook
RecoveryTools MBOX Migrator is your go-to solution for importing emails into Outlook. It supports all types of MBOX files generated from different email services like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Entourage, Netscape Mail, SeaMonkey, Eudora Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Evolution, Mulberry, Opera Mail, Evolution, and many more.
This software supports all latest and earlier versions of Microsoft Outlook such as Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and below editions. Also, the complete process to move the data can be done in a few simple steps. If you follow these steps then within a fraction of seconds, you will see that all those files are imported into Outlook with intact information. But before that, you need to download and install this application on your Mac and Windows computers.
Free Download from Here:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Note: Both applications are available for free to import the first 25 emails. For a limitless MBOX to Outlook conversion, you can anytime continue with the premium version of the software.
Import MBOX Files into Outlook
- Step1: Open the mentioned converter tool.
- Step2: Load MBOX files on the panel.
- Step3: Select the required MBOX files.
- Step4: Choose Outlook PST as the saving option.
- Step5: Apply filter options for the import process.
- Step6: Select destination path and click Convert.
Import MBOX to Outlook – Detailed Steps with Screenshots
Before proceeding with the usage of this application, please note that it will work fine even if you don’t have an MBOX supportable email client on your machine. It’s an independent utility that works absolutely fine without the installation of external apps. So, go through these steps to import the MBOX file to different versions of Outlook.
- First of all, launch and install the mentioned utility in your existing system. And, start it.
- Now, you will see two options to load MBOX files. Then, select files and select folder options to enable to open multiple files in the software panel.
- Then, choose the required MBOX files or folders from the list.
- After that, select PST as the file saving option. Also, enable the ‘Separate PST per MBOX’ if required.
Please Note: There is a separate feature to split Outlook PST files into various sizes like 2 GB, 5 GB, and 10 GB. If it’s needed then specify this option otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Then, browse a destination folder for saving the converted file at any location on the PC.
- At last, click on the Convert button to begin the process. The software starts to import the MBOX file and you can view the live conversion in the software panel too.
- After this process ends, you will receive a pop-up message of completion.
Hence, the process has been successfully done. Firstly, we use MBOX to PST Converter to get PST files and now, there is a need to open these files in Outlook.
Import Resultant File into Outlook
- Open Outlook in your system.
- Go to File Menu >> Open & Export.
- Click on Import/Export >> Import the file.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and Next.
- See the imported MBOX files in Outlook.
Benefits of MBOX to Outlook Converter
- Bulk Import MBOX files
This mentioned utility is one of the best and provides a flexible user interface to all the users. It allows users to open not only a single but a bulk of MBOX files instantly to Outlook without imposing any file size restrictions and with no loss of data.
- Dual Options to Load MBOX Files
Moreover, the software has the ability to load the files and folders on the screen according to the needs and requirements. Add Files will allows uploading some specific files. Add Folder will allow you to upload the multiple files present in a single folder.
- User-Defined Location to Store Data
It is possible for users to choose the resultant file location where they want to store the data. Users can select any location in the entire system or otherwise, by default, it will automatically be saved in the desktop location.
- Supports Numerous Formats
One of the most interesting features of this software is that it supports 15+ formats such as import MBOX to Office 365, import MBOX to Lotus Notes, import MBOX to Maildir, and import MBOX files to Gmail, and also do the conversion, migration in multiple other formats.
- Self-Sustainable Utility
The MBOX to Outlook Converter is one of the ideal solutions that have the ability to provide desired results with 100% accuracy of the data. It is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS such as Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and all other 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS.
In this blog post, we have explained the detailed method to import MBOX to Outlook. Since the software recommended here is rich-featured so one can use it without any problems. With this tool, you can batch export MBOX files to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, or any versions which you are using right now. Moreover, you can also continue with the manual solution if you find that convenient to use but keep in mind, that it will take a lot of your time and effort. For more information, you can anytime continue with the technical experts.