How to Import MBOX to Gmail / Google Mail Account? Solved!
Are you suffering for a solution to import MBOX to Gmail account? Here, we will discuss the entire step-by-step guide to importing bulk MBOX files in a quick and reliable manner. The solution that we are going to discuss here supports all kinds of MBOX and their variant files. So, keep reading the post.
Popular email service providers like Google do not have native file import support for MBOX files. Most users want to know, Can Gmail import MBOX files? In this write-up, we will let you know about one of the utilities that helps you to do the entire task. But before that, let’s get familiar with the MBOX file and the Gmail platform.
Table of Content:
MBOX is a well-known email storage format that has been used for over a decade; however, people became familiar with this format when they started using Thunderbird. MBOX, also known as Mailbox, is a container file of a collection of multiple emails. This file is supported by a huge number of email client applications.
On the other side, Gmail is a Web platform, where you can easily send or receive emails without any restrictions. It is one of the most versatile platforms nowadays. Almost everyone who uses the Internet has a Gmail account. You can easily use your Gmail account to manage emails, notes, documents, journals, calendars, contacts, events, etc.
Reasons to Import MBOX to Google Mail (Gmail) Account
“I have obtained some MBOX files from the Pocomail program & am looking to export these files into my personal Google Mail account. Is there any solution available to import MBOX files into a Gmail account?” – Ratnajesh Nagar
“It is not an easy task to upload a large number of files to a Gmail account. I have 7GB of MBOX files in my local system & now want to import them to my Gmail account. Kindly suggest a solution that will help me to do so.” – Sam Wilson
As above, a huge number of users are looking for a solution to import MBOX files into their personal Gmail accounts. Therefore, in this blog, we have covered such issues and provided the best solution to import their data without facing any kind of restrictions or issues.
Does Gmail Support MBOX Files?
Yes, Gmail supports MBOX files, but not in the way you want. Gmail offers Google Takeout service to download all its emails in the MBOX format. However, it offers no option to directly import this MBOX file back into the Gmail account. So, you need the software to get the job done. You can either use professional software or opt for the free email client for your ease.
Upload MBOX to Gmail with Thunderbird
The method to upload an MBOX file to Gmail with Thunderbird has four steps:
Step 1: Install an MBOX email client
The first step is to install an email client that works seamlessly with the MBOX file format. Here, we are using Mozilla Thunderbird.
Step 2: Configure the Gmail account in this email client
- Once you have installed the program, a screen appears asking for email configuration.
- Enter the name, Gmail email address, and Gmail email password and press Continue
- Choose IMAP and click the Done button
- Select Allow when Google asks you for confirmation
- Finally, wait for the email messages to synchronize and appear on the email client interface.
Steps 3: Import the MBOX file into the email client
- Once the account is added successfully, go to Tools, then Account Settings.
- Copy the local directory path that appears after clicking the Local Folders option
- Copy and paste your MBOX file(s) to this location and restart Thunderbird
- The MBOX data is now available under the Local Folder section.
Step 4: Move the MBOX emails into the Gmail account
- First, select all the MBOX emails from the Thunderbird interface.
- Right-click on one of the selected emails and choose to Move to
- Then, select the Gmail account name >> a folder inside it
- Finally, all the emails are successfully moved into the Gmail account
- Let the emails synchronize and open the Gmail account in the Web browser to check the imported data.
Import MBOX to Gmail Account – With Simple Toolkit
Grab RecoveryTools MBOX Migrator Tool is one of the best-automated solutions to import multiple files to their Gmail accounts. This tool allows users to easily import an unlimited number of emails along with attachments without any data loss.
Moreover, the software has the ability to maintain the entire data structure including email attributes and metaproperties. Using this utility, you can import MBOX files into different saving options like MBOX to Entourage, MBOX to Readable format, MBOX to Spark, MBOX to Airmail Email, MBOX to Devocot, MBOX to Outlook, MBOX to iCloud, MBOX to Zoho Mail, and more.
Trial Limitation: The free trial demo of the software will enable users to import only the first 25 emails to their Gmail account. To remove this restriction, you need to activate the software by purchasing its license.
How to Upload MBOX Files into Gmail Account?
To import multiple files, users have to follow some simple steps:
- Install this Converter on your Windows operating system.
- Select MBOX files or folders to upload them directly on panel
- After loading files, you get a smart “Preview option”. With this option, you can view MBOX files/folders.
- Now, select the files that you want to migrate, and click the Export button to continue the process
- After that, press on the tab to begin the importing process
- The software will complete the migrating procedure within a few moments. A message indicating the successful conversion will appear on the screen.
- Log in to your account to read your imported MBOX files.
Advanced Features of MBOX to Gmail Converter Tool
- Import MBOX Emails to Gmail directly: This tool has been designed with extraordinary features to solve the queries of users. It can easily import a bulk number of emails to the Google mail account along with attachments.
- Retain Folder Structure: It will keep folders and sub-folders structured at the time of performing the process so all MBOX files or folders can be imported to Gmail without changing the structure. Even, while uploading the files on the panel, there will not be any kind of change in the hierarchy of all files or folders.
- Import MBOX Email Attachments to Gmail: This tool will maintain all attachments while transferring emails from the MBOX files to Gmail so that the user does not need to worry about their account data.
- Multiple Language Support: The MBOX to Gmail Converter gives the facility to install this application in multiple languages. After installation, English will be the default language to perform the conversion. However, you can change the language as per your preference.
- Advanced Filter Option: One of the interesting features of this software is that it allows users to search for a particular MBOX email or file present in the software using different intents. The date range filter allows users to carry out emails of a particular date duration.
How Do I Import MBOX to Gmail Without Thunderbird – Understand by Video
Universally Supported MBOX to Gmail Converter
This tool supports all MBOX-related file formats that are successfully created and exported from Mozilla Thunderbird, Sea Monkey, Eudora Mail, Mac Mail, Google Takeout, Horde Mail, Entourage, Mulberry, Sparrow Mail, Sylpheed, The BAT, and Netscape Mail.
This software offers dual options to upload MBOX files in software panels like “Select Files” or “Select Folders” so users can easily choose single or multiple files for importing them into Gmail without any problem. These options are very helpful in choosing the required files or folders effortlessly.
Additionally, the mentioned MBOX to Gmail Converter supports 20+ formats to easily export the data into them such as MBOX to PDF, MBOX to PST, MBOX to Office 365, MBOX files to CSV, MBOX to Exchange Online, MBOX files to Yahoo, MBOX to Windows Live Mail, MBOX to OLM files, and multiple others.
Similarly, the application can also be used to import MBOX files to the G Suite account also.
In this article, we have mentioned a proper and effective solution to import MBOX to Gmail with or without Thunderbird. One of the best professional tools developed by the RecoveryTools expert team has been mentioned here. There are multiple other utilities present on the Internet but we recommend you continue with this tool and carry out the desired results. Moreover, no extra technical guidance is required to operate this tool.