How to Backup Thunderbird Data Locally? Solved!
Finding a solution to backup Thunderbird data? Read the write-up, and easily get the complete solution for thunderbird backup emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items. Here, we will tell you the complete step-by-step guide for saving the data locally in the system, just stay with us till the end.
Thunderbird is a worldwide popular desktop-based email client. It helps to send & receive emails with attachments, and manage the contacts and calendars of the user-created profile. These free open-source email client application stores are backup of your emails locally in the folder with the .sdb file extension.
However, this is quite a disadvantage for Thunderbird profile mail users. In case of any machine damage or any other corruption, users cannot retrieve their Thunderbird Mail profile emails. This is why Thunderbird mail account users often look for a solution to backup Thunderbird data to the computer’s external hard drive.
Similar Solution – Mozilla Thunderbird Profile Manager
In this article, you will find out – How to Backup Thunderbird emails to the computer stepwise?
So, let’s get started!
Here’s one such scenario:
I am having trouble to backup my Thunderbird email on an external hard drive. My Thunderbird email client has removed from my server and downloaded to local folders on the C drive of my laptop. When I open “local folders in .sbd file extension,” it doesn’t display the folder icon, but are listed by name only with no extension.
Below each of these, is the same file name with an msf extension. When I tried to open any of these files, my computer does not recognize the program.
I referred to many online instruction guide by Thunderbird support but can’t figure out my query. Can someone help me with a professional & simplified method to backup Thunderbird data including mailboxes, emails, and others to my Hard Drive? I will be very much Thankful! – Adam Christ, UK
Referring to this query, we can imagine the scenario a Thunderbird Mail profile user suffers from when trying to backup emails and other data. But, not anymore!
Easiest Way to Backup Thunderbird Data Instantly
The simplest way for thunderbird to backup emails, contacts, local folders, address books, and other data items are to use RecoveryTools Thunderbird Converter Tool. The utility is one of the best solutions that are easily workable by all the existing Internet users either technical or novice users. With the help of this utility, it is possible to backup an unlimited amount of Thunderbird account data without having any kind of limitations throughout the process.
This Thunderbird Backup Wizard provides an option to backup data in multiple numerous formats and email platforms such as Thunderbird to PDF, Thunderbird to PST, Thunderbird to EML, Thunderbird to Text, Thunderbird to MSG, Thunderbird to Word, and other formats that suit you.
You can free download this toolkit from the below button:
This excellent solution for beginners & professionals also offers an option to select Thunderbird no extension files with dual selection options. Users can save these Thunderbird mailbox items on an external hard drive in various file formats. Not only this the software also allows you to backup Thunderbird emails on cloud Webmail services directly.
How do I Save Thunderbird Emails to an External Hard Drive?
- Run the mentioned backup tool.
- The software auto-locate Thunderbird Mailboxes.
- Choose the required email folders from the list.
- Select Backup Thunderbird Email saving formats.
- Click on the next to Backup emails from Thunderbird profiles.
Features of the Mentioned Thunderbird Backup Tool
The best toolkit to backup emails to Computer/ Hard Drive offers various advantages to its users for the backup of Mailbox items. It provides a separate option for the backup of emails, contacts & calendars. Some major features of this toolkit are listed below:
- The utility requires Thunderbird installed in your system for the backup process.
- The software enables backup of unlimited Thunderbird data
- It allows the users to directly Backup data items from the default profile location.
- Data is preserved in an original file format and the entire structure is also manage.
- Back up the emails in a user-defined location either locally in the system or in an external hard drive.
- The tool allows the users to backup Thunderbird emails into 20+ formats including file format and email platforms.
- While backing up emails, the utility will automatically include attachments along with them whether they are normal or embedded.
- The software is fully compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows i.e., Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS.
How do I Backup my Thunderbird Emails to Hard Drive? A Complete Guide
Here, we will discuss the complete step-by-step guide to saving emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items. Follow the steps:
- Launch the backup software on your machine and read all the important instructions.
- Now, choose Thunderbird profiles with dual modes such as auto-locate and manual dual selection options.
- At this point, select the required Thunderbird folders to Backup data.
- Thereafter, the software provides multiple saving options and chooses the required file format from the list.
- After that, select the destination location path to save resultant data at the user location. Here, the user can select the external location to backup emails and other data.
- Now, click on the Next button to backup Thunderbird emails on the External hard drive location.
- Finally, the process was successfully completed. Access the resultant files & then copy these items into an external hard drive or any USB portable device.
- As we can see from above the backup of Thunderbird data items is very easy for the users just with the help of this software.
In the article above, we had discusses the complete step-by-step guide for using the Thunderbird data backup toolkit. By understanding the complete blog, it is possible for users to save entire data including emails, contacts, calendars, and other mailbox items without having any limitations. Among all other solutions, this is one of the best utilities given on the Internet that will not impose any size limitation. For more information, you can anytime connect with our expert team.