How to Export Thunderbird Emails to PDF files – Learn Top Two Tricks
In this article, you will learn about an easy process to export Thunderbird emails to PDF files. I will explain here two best methods to convert emails to PDF. A lot of users are having the same issue and after having lots of solutions available on the Internet, users didn’t seem to get the desired results.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a well-known desktop email client used to manage emails, contacts, calendars, and more. Millions of people all over the globe access Thunderbird as their personal or professional email account. On the other hand, if we talk about PDF, then it is a portable file format that can be easily accessed on any platform. Also, it can be made password-protected and gives data in a well-managed format.
Users usually export Thunderbird emails to PDF when they want to store data as a backup in their system, send emails to their colleagues, or print Thunderbird emails.
Read More Articles:
“Hello, I am a Forensic Investigator. During some investigation, I found some evidence in Thunderbird. I want this proof in the document format and PDF is the best portable format. Moreover, courts also accept the documents in the PDF format. So, I need to export Thunderbird as PDF. Please suggest me the best solution to convert emails from Thunderbird to PDF“.
I’m running Thunderbird and want to convert my emails to PDF with all email components. What is the best way to do this? – Bruno, UK
Can I convert emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to PDF without any information lost? – Marks, California
Method1: Export Thunderbird Emails to PDF – Free Way
You need to download free add-ons before working on this process. Follow these steps to download add-ons manually:
- Open the Thunderbird application.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the upper right-side corner.
- Click the Add-ons option from the drop-down list.
- Now, type ‘ImportExportTools NG’ in the search bar
- Press the Add to Thunderbird button.
- After that, click the Add option.
Thereafter, using the Add-on, convert Thunderbird email messages to PDF.
- Select the required Thunderbird folder.
- Right-click on the ImportExportTools NG option and select Export all messages in the folder.
- Select the PDF format to export the Thunderbird folder.
- Choose Folder & Path to save Thunderbird emails to PDF.
Limitations of this Method:
- No doubt that this method is free to use but it requires a lot of time.
- After conversion, this method only allows the export of certain emails, not entire folders.
- It does not converts the attachments embedded with the emails to PDF files.
Another Free Way to Convert Thunderbird Emails to PDF Files with Attachments
The above method is easy to use but it may have many limitations. So, users need to continue with the perfect solution that is trustworthy to use and will make the conversion safe and secure. We recommend you to use RecoveryTools Thunderbird Migrator. It allows you to export all mailbox items to PDF file format. Users will receive a separate PDF file for each email.
Free Download the Trial Version of Thunderbird to PDF Converter – Setup from Here:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
This software also has a demo edition that allows users to export the first 25 Thunderbird emails to PDF format for free. In this way, users can test the application and learn about the software’s working and functionalities in a simple way.
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to PDF? – Complete Steps
- Install & Run the Converter in your Windows System & read pointers in the welcome window.
- Load Thunderbird Mailbox files in the application panel either by files or by choosing the whole Thunderbird Profile folder.
- Select the required Thunderbird mailbox files & then click the Next button.
- Choose the PDF option from the list of File saving options and also set up more options like Destination location, File Naming conventions, etc.
- Start the export Thunderbird email to PDF by hitting the Convert tab.
- After the successful conversion process is finished, access the resultant PDF filesfrom the destination location.
Benefits of Thunderbird to PDF Converter:
- Provides Flexible GUI for both novices as well as for tech users.
- Selective conversion of Thunderbird emails along with attachments.
- Self-Sustainable Utility – Does not require any kind of extra installation.
- Dual options to load Thunderbird files or folders on the panel.
- Advanced Filter option to locate some particular data using various filters.
- User-defined location to store the resultant data; otherwise, it will store in the Desktop location.
- Displays the preview of the data in 9+ view modes – content view, raw message, email header, message headers, attachments, and others.
- 10+ file naming options to name the resultant converted file.
- Runs on all the previous as well as the latest versions of Windows OS such as Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 and all other 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS.
In the above blog, we have learned to export Thunderbird emails to PDF. Here, we have discussed both manual as well as professional solutions to accomplish the task. Users can choose any of these solutions as per their requirements. The manual solution has certain limitations, so it is better to continue with the second solution for a quick and smooth migration. For more information, you can contact us anytime.