Guide to Configure Gmail Account in Thunderbird Application
Introduction – Do you want to configure Gmail to Thunderbird to be able to read and manage data in one place? If so, your search ends here. You can do this easily via IMAP and POP3 settings. In this guide, we will discuss how to manually import Gmail to Thunderbird.
As we all know Gmail is a web web-based email service and Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client both email clients allow users to send and receive emails. Both provide amazing and advanced features to manage your data including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, tasks, etc.
However, there are multiple situations come, when users want to configure Gmail to Thunderbird account. Some of the reasons are mentioned below in detail.
Reasons to Import Gmail to Thunderbird
- Offline Access: Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client, so there is no need for an internet connection to access your emails.
- Customization: Thunderbird offers various customization options, allowing you to organize your emails, apply filters, and set up different layouts according to your preferences.
- Privacy: If you’re concerned about privacy, configure Gmail to Thunderbird lets you store and manage your emails locally on your computer, reducing the reliance on cloud-based services.
- Backup: Importing Gmail into Thunderbird is a way to create a backup of your Gmail emails on your computer. This backup can be useful in case of accidental data loss or account issues.
Manual Methods to Configure Gmail to Thunderbird
The Thunderbird email client allows users to connect to Gmail accounts easily. The complete process with step-by-step guide is mentioned below:
- Open a Thunderbird account.
- Click on the Tools >> Account Settings option.
- Choose the Add Mail Account option from the Account Actions button.
- Enter the login details of your Gmail account i.e., email address and app password.
- Put the IMAP details and hit the Finish button.
And your both accounts will connect successfully. But this method has some drawbacks that are explained below to configure Gmail to Thunderbird:
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Lots of errors will appear while connecting the account.
- Only emails will be transferred to the Gmail account.
- Folder hierarchy will be not maintained.
Advanced Solution to Import Gmail to Thunderbird Account
Apart from these manual tricks, anyone can directly configure Gmail to Thunderbird using the RecoveryTools Gmail Backup Tool. The main advantage of doing so is that users do not need to sync their Gmail account with Thunderbird.
With this method, one can easily import Gmail to Thunderbird. It is one of the most advantageous approaches for a user to run these algorithms. Download the Tool from the button given below:
The software comes with amazing and advanced features, which makes it more usable and unique for all technical and non-technical users. Also, it comes with free demo version, which allows users to analyze the software.
Quick Steps to Configure Gmail to Thunderbird
- Step 1: Download the tool on your machine.
- Step 2: Put the login details of your Gmail.
- Step 3: Check and uncheck the required data.
- Step 4: Choose the saving option from Select Saving Option.
- Step 5: Browse the path and hit the Backup button.
Advantages of Using a Reliable Solution
As compared to free or manual ways, this software comes up with various advantages. Let’s explore some of them here:
- The software allows users to import emails from multiple Gmail accounts in bulk by uploading CSV files including email addresses and passwords.
- All the folders and subfolders will appear on the screen, where users can check and uncheck the required data as per users choice.
- The advanced filter option allows users to import only selected and required emails via applying date range, To, From, Subject, etc.
- Users can save resultant data at the desired location by using the Browse button.
- This tool can import emails from all folders of Gmail including Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash, Bin, and other created labels by users.
- Users can download and install the tool on any Windows OS including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and all previous versions.
Working Steps to Configure Gmail to Thunderbird
- Download the software on your system.
- Enter the login details of your Gmail account and hit the Login button.
- Enable the Advance Modes as per your choice including Use Batch Mode and Proxy Server.
- All the folders and subfolders will load automatically and check the required data.
- Click on the Select Saving Option and choose the Thunderbird option.
- Hit on the Filter Options and apply the advanced filter option.
- Browse the location to save the resultant data as per choice.
- Lastly, click on the Backup button to import Gmail to Thunderbird.
The Concluding Thoughts
With the help of this blog, users can easily configure Gmail to Thunderbird with all the related information. Here you will get complete information with step by step guide.
Lastly, a third-party application is also recommended to perform the transfer of Gmail accounts. Users can freely download and try the demo version of the software to test its features before investing in the full version. For more information contact our technical team!