Why Office 365 for Business – Features, Benefits & Advantages
This article describes the advantages, need and major features of Office 365 for Small Business organizations. Although, It is tried to provide a fine comparison of Office 365 new Features and its Benefits for the Business. Apart from It, one should know fine ways for how to migrate from various web-based and desktop email clients to Office 365;
With the release of Microsoft Collaborative Office software in 2015, Microsoft also available users free service of OWA. Users can access the most of the Microsoft applications online. It also provides users choice for one-time subscription of Office 365 while providing most of the other benefits and services for free. With the release, users can access Word, Excel, and other Office application on mobile, Android & other devices free of cost. The subscription will start with an annual $70 one-time purchase.
Why We Choose Office 365 when so much is free?
As, there are so many free services available to perform the same task as by doing with the Microsoft Office 365, then what are the reasons to subscribe to Office 365? Here are some of the major features and advantages while using Office 365 in place of other free products and services.
Microsoft offers Word for Text Files, Excel for Sheets, PowerPoint for Presentations, Outlook for Personal Information Management including emails, contacts, calendars, and OneNote – All are for free. In the present time, keeping your all data in a single device is not in tradition but users or organizations prefer to store it on Cloud. Here comes the need for Office 365. Users may get access to there account and other information on a number of devices, or on unlimited systems using it. Some of the major advantages while using Office 365 are listed below:
- Security: Microsoft has always been known for the better security provider to its users. Security is one of the most important points for a user to store their data on any cloud service, especially in present environment where users face lots of threats and harms. Believe me, Microsoft is so reputed that It will never use your personal use as it happened in case of Facebook during Cambridge Analytica Case due to following few things. Office 365 applications are accessed through 128-bit SSL/TSL encryptions to make it secured from unauthorized access. Office 365 use Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.
- Apart from all this, Microsoft Office service has certified with ISO 27001 standards, SAS70 type I & II audits completed. It also receives EU Safe Harbor seal, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act). Microsoft Online Service development, deployment, and maintenance are governed by Security Development Lifecycle. Office 365 itself comes up with an in-built version of Antivirus which automatically scans all your documents, messages and applications to protect them from any malicious threat or malware.
- Reliability: Access from Anywhere at Any time, the tagline completely suits upon this Office 365 Collaborative Suite. You can remotely access all your account and other Office 365 applications from anywhere. All you need is to have an Internet Connection and any supported device to access your account. It provides real-time Co-Authoring upon the documents, Excel sheets, or presentations simultaneously. Users can real-time edit or see the changes made by their associates instantly. Quicker and easier collaboration of items between the employees not only improves the productivity but also allows them to work together, even though they are doing it through different buildings.
- A Complete Package under One Office Suite: Office 365 provides complete offerings of the services, solutions and applications including Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access), Online Web Portals (SharePoint Online), Extranets, External Website, Instant Messaging and Enterprise Social Networking (Yammer), Voice and Video Conferencing (Skype), Web Conferencing, e-Mail (Outlook), Voice Mail, Exchange Online, Business Cloud Storage (OneDrive), Project Management (Planner), Business Intelligence (Power BI), Social Document Discovery (Delve), Private Video Library (Video), and a powerful tool for creating reports, presentations.
- Organize All Your Content: Get the workings done according to your desires as the software provides direct options for the users to organize their meetings, emails, and contacts very easily. In Office 365 environment, all these things are well synchronized to work together. For example, if you receive any information, or update a contact through your mobile, it will automatically update all the devices accessing the same account.
- Wide Range of Compatible Devices & OS: For Small Business, it is not necessary that they upgrade all of their systems and devices with updated and latest Operating System. The big advantage while using Office 365 is that it is compatible with all the latest Windows and Mac OS including Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista (SP2), Windows XP SP3, XP Home and Media Center edition, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Web Portal works with IE 7 or Later, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome 3 and later versions.
- Effective Cost N Plans according to Requirements: It is one the best thing which most of the small Business units or organizations wants to hear. Apart from old Exchange Deployment plans, Office 365 provides monthly and annually subscriptions. If a user wants to use the service then he will subscribe to it, otherwise one can leave it anytime whenever he wants. The cost is also started from a very low level i.e. $4 per month and can select from any of the higher plans.
Success Story of some well-known Organizations and role of Office 365 in it:
“The future for Hershey is very exciting—with Microsoft cloud solutions, we are in control of our digital journey, connecting everyone to work better together and share our goodness.”
– Carlos Amesquita, Chief Information Officer, The Hershey Company
“As our business continued to grow and evolve, it was absolutely critical that our software follows along with us.”
– Julie Gaines, Founder, Fishs Eddy
If you ask me personally, then there is no doubt switching to Office 365 is a great deal whether it is from Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or some other Desktop Based application. In these circumstances, we are here providing some easy solutions to our valuable users for how to switch from different applications to Office 365 mail client.
Knowledge Junction: Microsoft Latest Release Windows 10 S, a direct competitor of Chrome OS. Chrome OS is a simple web-focused desktop Operating System created by Google. It is a new version of Microsoft Windows 10, which in previous leaks referred as Windows 10 Cloud OS (Streamlined for Simplicity).