How to Convert Thunderbird Address Book?
Hey, are you looking for a Thunderbird contacts converter to convert Thunderbird address book SQLite or convert Thunderbird MAB file? If yes, then you are on the right page.
Here I will explain one of the best and finest Thunderbird address book converters to convert Thunderbird address book. Also in this write-up, we will explain to your complete details on the MAB and SQLite files.
As we know Mozilla Thunderbird is a widely used email client around the world. Mozilla Thunderbird is an email client app that is open source and freely downloadable. Several people have expressed a desire to be free of it. The explanation for this is simple: they must be upgraded from time to time for various reasons. Thunderbird is a standalone desktop email client, whereas most users are migrating to the cloud.
The Thunderbird stores address book as Abook.mab file and Abook.SQLite file.
Old Thunderbird email client saves the address books in MORK format. and the contacts are stored in abook.mab file format.
But in the new edition of Thunderbird email client address books are stored as SQLite files. Whenever Thunderbird stores a contact in the abook.sqlite file, it generates several temporary files, including abook.sqlite -shm and abook.sqlite -wal, to ensure that no contacts are lost during the process of writing them.
Overview on MAB and SQLite Files
Thunderbird MAB File
MAB is a data format utilized by Thunderbird and Sea Monkey. It’s a file type for Netscape and Mozilla mail. It records names, email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses for both individual and commercial use.
Thunderbird address book SQLite file
SQLite Files is an integrated data seen in many apps. These apps utilize SQLite File as a self-contained data store to save data. The Android, Blackberry, and iPhone systems use SQLite to store data in tables, triggers, and fields. SQLite is used by desktop apps, online browsers including Chrome and Firefox, and instant messaging apps.
Below we have mentioned some steps to locate the default location of MAB and SQLite files.
Default Location of MAB and SQLite Files
- Open Thunderbird email client on your pc.
- Now click on the “menu” icon and choose the “help” button.
- Now choose the “more troubleshooting information” option.
- Next to the “Profile Folder” click on “open folder”.
- At last, you will get the location of the .mab and .sqlite file.
The easiest solution to Convert Thunderbird Address Book
RecoveryTools Thunderbird contacts converter is one of the best and amazing software to convert Thunderbird address books. This tool is fully capable to export Thunderbird address book SQLite and MAB files. Also, users can easily migrate their huge address book without any file size restriction. Also, the Thunderbird address book converter loads data directly from the configured Thunderbird account.
Features of Thunderbird Address Book Converter to Migrate Thunderbird Contacts
- The Thunderbird contacts converter can convert multiple MAB and SQLite files at one time.
- Also, this tool can select the data manually or automatically load the MAB and SQLite directly from the location.
- The Thunderbird address book converter is capable of exporting Thunderbird contacts into vCard and CSV file format.
- Also, users can preview all the data before conversion by using the Thunderbird contacts converter.
- If your Thunderbird is corrupted or unable to open, in that case, this software will load all Thunderbird contacts data from the default location.
- Also, during the migration, the Thunderbird contacts converter preserves all formattings and headers.
How Does the Software Work to Export Thunderbird Contacts?
- Download and install the Thunderbird contacts converter on your pc.
- Next, choose between the “Convert Email” or “Convert Contacts & Calendars” option.
- Next, select the option “Convert Configured Thunderbird Mailboxes Data” option.
- Now all the data of MAB and SQLite files will appear on the screen.
- Next click on the “Select Saving Option” and choose the “VCF” or “vCard” option, as per your need.
- And then browse the desired saving location.
- Lastly, click on the convert icon to start the migration.
Why CSV and vCard Files?
CSV File Format
A CSV file is any file that ends in “.csv.” This data file means for “comma-separated value file” and is a frequent spreadsheet result. Also, a comma-separated value file contains data divided by commas. To make the data simpler to view and update, the spreadsheet app organizes comma-separated data into tables and rows.
Benefits of CSV file
- Widely used by others.
- Organize and edit easily.
- Many corporate software systems use it.
- Most spreadsheet applications use it.
vCard/VCF file format
vCard is a common way to store and share contact information. vCard is preferable to CSV in that it can hold contact photographs, audio samples, and text (i.e., assigned ringtones). Email clients and platforms commonly accept vCard files. Therefore, no data is lost during contact exchange utilizing the vCard format.
- VCF is one of the quickest methods to exchange contact details.
- It also allows users to attach VCF files to emails and send contacts via tablets, phones, and laptops.
- vCard files are suitable to use and accepted by many devices, apps, and platforms.
- The fundamental benefit of VCF files is that they can be opened and read in a text editor like Notepad.
Manual Methods to Convert Thunderbird Contacts
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird on your PC.
- Now click on the “Address Book” from the top.
- And then select the contacts that you want to export.
- And then choose the “Export” option from the “tools” tab.
- Now browse the location to save the file.
Manual Methods Drawbacks
- Users can not export Thunderbird address book SQLite and MAB files in bulk.
- For each contact, the user must repeat the procedure again and again.
- This manual approach only works when your Thunderbird has been in working condition.
- And also, your Thunderbird account was configured properly.
Finally, It’s time to say goodbye, above we described everything about how to convert the Thunderbird address book by using the best Thunderbird contacts converter and a complete overview on MAB and SQLite files. Also, the Thunderbird address book converter comes with a demo version, so users may utilize the free edition of this tool to migrate Thunderbird contacts.