How to Split PST by Size without Losing Data?
If you have also large PST files and you also want to split PST by size, then you are on the right page. Here in this write-up, we are going to solve your all problem that you are facing by oversize data files using manual methods and professional solutions.
As we all know that Outlook stores its complete data in PST file format, which can only open in Outlook. But many times, happened when we oversized the PST file, by saving unlimited emails, contacts, etc.
After oversizing the file, you will face numerous errors on your Outlook profiles such as:
- Your Outlook may become slow and unresponsive.
- High risk of PST data file corruption and data loss.
- You will receive and send late emails to others.
To avoid this situation, we should split Outlook PST file into smaller parts. To accomplish this task, we are going to mention both manual and expert solutions one by one.
How to Break PST by Size Without Losing Data?
Here we are going to use the Archive in-built option and expert solution. And also, we will mention which solution will be best for you. First read the complete methods and then choose the method that suits your needs best.
Method 1: By Archiving Emails to Split PST by Size
First, you have to understand the meaning of archive because multiple users face the errors like “Outlook mailbox full after archiving”. Outlook allows users to archive emails in two ways. First, move your emails from one folder to the archive folder, but still, your emails are available in your Outlook profile. And another archive mean is that move emails from Outlook locally, and this archive feature is best to reduce PST file size without Outlook.
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Click on the File tab and then the Info tab.
- Choose the Tools icon and select the “Cleanup Old Items” option.
- Select the folder that you want to archive.
- And apply the value in the “Find Items Larger Than” option.
- And select the location to save the resultant file.
Manual Methods Limitations
- Your Outlook profile should be configured and working properly.
- Corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files will not work with it.
- You have to repeat the same process again and again for each folder.
Method 2: Split PST by Size using a Professional Method
If you want to split PST files and folders into multiple sizes, then you should use the RecoveryTools PST Splitter Software. Here we are taking RecoveryTools brand software help because this is the highly recommended solution in the market.
The software comes with multiple and end number of features, that make the software more powerful and usable for all technical and non-technical users. Also, the software supports all types of Outlook profiles and PST files exported from any Outlook version. Some of the more advanced features are mentioned below in detail with step by step guide.
Advanced and Phenomenal Features of the Software
- Dual options to upload Outlook data files using select files and select folders without facing any errors.
- Also, the software has the power to load the Outlook profile data automatically from the default storage location whether your profile is working or not.
- If you have any type of PST files including corrupted, damaged, inaccessible, or orphan, then you can use the advanced Use Recovery Mode option.
- This tool allows users to split PST by size into 2 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, and 20 GB as per the user’s choice.
- Also, it has advanced filter options so you can easily split PST by year and date, from a particular date range, etc.
Working Steps to Split PST by Size
- Download and install the software using the Download icon.
- Select the data by Outlook profile or by selecting the PST files and folders and clicking on the Next button.
- Enable the Use Recovery Mode option for corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files.
- Check the required folders and subfolders from the software panel and hit the Next button to continue the process.
- Select the location to save the resultant data using the Browse button.
- Check the Size icon and select the size from the Split Options tab.
- Click on the Split button to split PST by size.
As you can see the a clear difference between manual methods and professional methods. If you have any queries about the software, then you should download the free version of this software. That allows users to analyze the software performance and features before investing money.
Time to Say Goodbye
In this blog, we have mentioned the best and safest methods to split PST by size into multiple sizes. We have used Archive inbuilt tool as a manual method that allows users to move emails from Outlook and save them into another PST for future safety. But there are some limits, that you have to keep in mind. And if your Outlook profile is not working or you have large corrupted PST files, then you should go for an expert solution. We have tried to provide all the information; hope you find the article beneficial for you.