How to Reduce PST File Size without Outlook? Complete Guide
Overview: If you are also looking for a method to reduce PST file size without Outlook, then you are on the right page. here we will explain the complete information with step by step guide to reduce Outlook mailbox size without opening Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
As we know that Outlook widely used email client to send and receive emails, and to maintain users’ data in a good manner. But the main problems occur with the Outlook data file which is known as PST (Personal Storage Table) file.
Well PST is used to store complete Outlook data including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, etc. But many times it happens, if the size of the PST file increased then you will face end number of problems in Outlook such as:
- Outlook become slow and unresponsive, also it will take a long time to search, open, or move emails.
- Your PST file will be corrupted or damaged, which is the most common problem with PST files.
- Also, oversize data files can be inaccessible, so you can’t open that file with any Outlook version.
- Or maybe the user wants to split Outlook PST file into smaller parts exported from the latest version in 50 GB to open that file into the previous version which supports only 20 GB files.
Cause whatever, in this write-up, you will get the amazing and best methods to reduce PST file size without Outlook.
How to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size?
Here we will show you all the possible methods to reduce PST file size without Outlook or with Outlook using manual methods and professional methods. first, we are going to explain the professional method to reduce Outlook mailbox size, and why you should use this software. And then we will explain the manual methods.
Method 1: Reduce PST File without Outlook with Professional Tool
Users should split the file to increase PST file size in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions. breaking the file is the only way to reduce PST file size without Outlook using the best RecoveryTools PST Splitter Tool.
This software is highly recommended by experts to reduce PST files using advanced features and filters. It comes with a very simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users. the software can easily split your all data files in bulk into smaller multiple parts or into single files as per your choice without losing any data.
Working Steps to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size without Deleting
- Download and run the software on your system.
- Add the PST files automatically or manually using the given options.
- Check and uncheck the required data from the screen and hit Next.
- Select the location using the Browse icon to save the resultant data.
- Apply the advanced filter from the Filter Options tab.
- Hit the Split button to reduce PST file size without Outlook.
The software comes with a free demo version that allows users to split only 25 emails from each folder to analyze the software’s performance.
Method 2: Reduce PST File Size using Compact Now Utility
Here we will use the Compact Now utility to compact PST file without opening Outlook. All the steps are mentioned below in detail:
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Click on the Info >> Account Settings >> Account Setting… options.
- Choose the Data Files tab.
- Select the required PST file that you want to compact.
- Choose Settings and hit the Compact Now option.
- And your reducing PST file size process will be running.
Method 3: How to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size by Archiving?
- Open Outlook and click on the File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items option.
- An Archive box will appear “Archive this Folder and all Subfolders” option.
- And enable the “Include items with the Do not Auto Archive” option.
- Lastly, hit the OK button to reduce PST file size without Outlook or with.
Method 4: By Removing Duplicate Data
This is also one of the reasons for oversized PST files, so to solve this error you could delete the unnecessary emails to reduce PST file size.
- In Outlook, click on the File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Choose Export to a File from the list and click on the Next button.
- And then click on the “Outlook Data File(.PST)” option.
- Select the folder that you want to reduce.
- Browse the location to save the file and enable the Do not Export Duplicate Items option.
- Lastly, hit the Finish button to reduce PST file size without Outlook or with.
Manual methods are straightforward and easy, but manual methods always have some limitations such as:
- Outlook must be installed in working condition.
- This method will not work with Corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files.
As you can see the a clear difference between manual methods and professional methods. Manual methods come with limitations, and the professional tool comes with advanced features.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have explained the best and most direct methods to reduce PST file size without Outlook or with Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions. manual methods are straightforward and amazing, if your Outlook is working condition and you have a healthy PST file, then you can use these methods. but if your Outlook application is not working properly and you have orphan, corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files then you should go for the professional solution. We have tried our best to provide complete information, hope you find the article helpful.