Fix “Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving” Error : Solved
Do you still receive this error “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” even after moving the emails into the Archive folder to reduce mailbox size? Don’t worry, here we will provide complete information on why this “Outlook still showing mailbox full after archiving” error appears and how can you solve it.
Outlook used PST file to store their data, and these PST file has different sizes according to Outlook version such as
- An earlier version of Outlook 2002 – 2 GB
- Outlook 2003 and 2007 – 20 GB
- And Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 – 50 GB
If you have crossed this limit in the PST file and your Outlook PST File has Reached its Maximum Size, then defiantly your PST file will be corrupt and damaged. Archiving emails is one of the ways to reduce PST file size without Outlook and with Outlook. But sometimes happened, when we face the error “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” in Outlook.
So before starting the process, let’s get some knowledge about Archive meaning in Outlook. So that we can understand the complete process easily.
Why is My Mailbox Still Full After Archiving?
Outlook has two types of archive email options, one is to move your emails into the Archive folder which means still your all emails are presented in Outlook. And your Outlook mailbox size is not reduced.
And the other archive option is, moving your emails from Outlook to separate PST files into a selected location. That means the selected emails will be permanently moved from Outlook to decrease the size limit.
Now, as we have read before that PST file has different sizes, so in the new version of Outlook the limit is 50 GB. And many times, this happened when we forget to delete unwanted emails, contacts, calendars, and other data. Then the PST file excessed the limit, which cause multiple errors like “large PST file crashes Outlook” etc. some of the more reasons are mentioned below in detail:
- Users will get multiple errors while opening the Outlook application.
- The problem is sending and receiving emails, searching, and performing other tasks.
- Outlook getting slow and unresponsive.
- PST file will corrupt and damaged, cause of oversized.
How to Fix the “Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving” Error?
Here we are going to mention the 3 methods to solve these errors. All the methods are mentioned below one by one in detail:
Method 1: Using Compact Now Tool
- Open an Outlook account.
- Click on the File >> Info tab.
- Select the Account Settings >> Account Setting… options.
- Hit the Data Files tab and choose the file.
- Hit the Settings >> Compact Now button.
- The live process to solve the “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” error.
Method 2: Fix the “Outlook Still Showing Mailbox Full After Archiving” Error
Here we are going to explain the Archive method, which is very different. This method means it moves your emails from Outlook to another place to reduce the size and increase PST file size in Outlook.
- Again, restart your Outlook.
- Hit on the File >> Info >> Tools and Clean Up Old Items option.
- Select the “Archive this Folder and all Subfolders” option.
- And then choose the “Include items with the Do not Auto Archive” option and select the location to save the archived PST file.
- And hit the OK button to solve the “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” error.
Points to Be Remembered Before using Manual Methods
- Outlook must be installed and working on your system.
- Outlook profile and PST file not be corrupted, damaged, or inaccessible PST files.
Method 3: Solve “Outlook Mailbox Full After Archiving” : Expert Tool
You should download RecoveryTools PST Splitter Software to fix the “Outlook still showing mailbox full after archiving” error. Here we will split PST files into smaller parts to decrease the Outlook mailbox without Outlook installation.
The software comes with amazing and phenomenal features that make the software more powerful than other brands. And also, offers completely safe and 100% virus-free results in a healthy file format.
Users can break the Outlook mailbox into 2 GB, 5 GB, 10 GB, and 20 GB according to the user’s choice. It has a very simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users. some of the more advanced features with a step-by-step guide are mentioned below:
How to Fix the “Outlook Still Showing Mailbox Full After Archiving” Error?
- Launch and run the software on your system.
- Add the PST file or Outlook profile automatically and manually using Select Files and Select Folders options.
- Check the Use Recovery Mode option to repair PST files.
- Enable the required files and folders that you want to compress and click on the Next button.
- Browse the required location using the Browse button.
- After enabling the required Split Options, the advanced filter mode will open.
- Lastly, hit the Next button to solve the “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” error.
As you can see that the software is better than manual methods. also, it comes with a free demo version that allows users to split only 25 items from each folder. So that users can easily analyze the performance.
Why Expert Software is Better than Manual Methods?
- The software can load the Outlook profile data automatically from the default storage location whether your profile is working or not.
- The Use recovery mode allows users to repair corrupt, damaged, and inaccessible PST files.
- Users can easily solve this error “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” of multiple PST files without having any file size limitations.
- The software supports all PST files exported from any Outlook version including Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous editions.
- Also, the software can easily split your all files with complete data including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, notes, etc without losing any information.
Time to Say Goodbye
Above we have mentioned the complete information and step-by-step guide to fix the “Outlook mailbox full after archiving” error. We explained both manual and professional methods. if your Outlook is working then go for the manual methods. but if not, then you should go for the expert tool, which comes with extraordinary features and filters. we have tried to provide complete information; hope you find the article helpful.