How to Split Outlook PST File by Year without Outlook?
Are you also looking for methods to split PST by year? If yes, then you are on the right page. in this write-up, you will get amazing and direct methods to split PST by year according to your choice.
We all know that Outlook is an email client, which is used by end number of users around the world. And it stores the data into a PST file which stands for portable storage table.
An oversized PST file is the main problem in Outlook, which makes it more unable to tolerate. And it happened mostly with users. because a large PST file crashes Outlook, and also it became PST file corrupted and inaccessible. So, splitting your file is a very essential step to avoid all types of errors.
So here we are going to split PST file by year using the manual methods and expert tool with complete information and a step-by-step guide.
As you can read the user queries, why they want to split PST by year wise. So, without wasting time, let’s get started the process.
How to Archive PST by Year?
Here we have two methods to accomplish this task. First, we will use the inbuilt Archive option to split PST by year. Both methods are mentioned in detail:
Method 1: Split PST by Year with Professional Method
you will get multiple offline tools to split Outlook PST by years, but here we are going to use one of the best and highly recommended solutions the RecoveryTools PST Splitter Tool. The RecoveryTools brand comes with amazing features in their all software.
This software can easily split all types of PST files including corrupted, damaged, inaccessible, etc. it has end number of other features like a simple and easy-to-use interface, can split PST files by year wise in bulk, has two options to add files and folders in batch, etc. some of the more amazing facts and features are mentioned below with step by step guide:
Prime and Advantage Features of the Tool
- Dual Modes: The software comes with dual modes to add PST files and folders to the software panel. You can use the Select Files to add single and multiple files and use the Select Folders option to add a folder that contains multiple PST files.
- Use Recovery Mode: This is one of the best features of this tool, most users have corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files. so now you can first repair PST files and then split them by enabling this Use Recovery Mode option.
- Selected & Bulk Emails: after adding all PST files and folders, all the data will appear on the screen, where you can select the desired files and folders. Also, you can split PST by year in bulk without having any file size limitations.
- Desired Location: The software chooses the desktop location automatically by default, if you want to change the location use the Browse button to save the resultant data.
- Split PST by Year: This feature allows users to split PST by Year wise, then just have to enter the start year and end year, like if you want to split from 2019 to 2022, then enter this year by enabling the Split by Date and enter the details.
Steps to Split Outlook PST File by Year
- Download and launch the software on your computer.
- Add the PST files/folders using the Select Files and Select Folders options.
- Enable the Use Recovery Mode option to repair corrupted files.
- All the data will appear and check the required folders and subfolders from the screen.
- Select the location as per your choice using the Browse button.
- Choose the Split by Date option from the Split Options.
- And then the Split Options tab will open and here you have to put the date range and enable the required features.
- Lastly, hit the Split button to split PST by year wise.
Important Note: the software comes with the free demo version, that allows users to split only 25 emails from each folder. So that users can easily understand the complete performance with features.
Method 2: Archive PST by Year
- Step 1: Launch your Outlook.
- Step 2: Select the File and then the Info tab.
- Step 3: Choose the “Cleanup Tools” >> “Archive” option.
- Step 4: Enable the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” option.
- Step 5: Enter the year/data into “Archive Items Older than”
- Step 5: And then check “Include items with Do not AutoArchive”.
- Step 6: Choose the location and hit the OK button
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Outlook installation is required with the connected profile.
- If you have corrupted PST, then these methods will not work.
- Must have technical expertise with Outlook.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have mentioned all possible methods to split PST by year-wise using both manual methods and expert solutions. If your Outlook is working, then you can go for the manual methods. But if not, and you have a corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible Outlook profile and PST files, then you should use the expert tool, which first fixes them and then split the PST file into a healthy file format. we have tried to provide complete information; hope you find the article helpful.