How to Solve “Large PST File Crashes Outlook” Error?
Are you also facing this “large PST file crashes Outlook” error? And wants to resolve this issue. Then don’t worry, you are on the right page. here we will explain the complete information with step by step guide to resolve the “Outlook crashes when opening large PST file” error.
All Outlook users well known PST file format, which stands for portable storage table and is used to store emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, etc. But the large size of PST files is the main and common problem with PST files.
Today, in this write-up we are going to use the compact Now utility to compact PST file without opening Outlook, Remove duplicate data, archive emails, clean up tool, and expert tool to fix the “large PST file crashes Outlook” error.
Before starting the process, let’s have a look at the issues, that users are facing due to oversize PST file, and the reasons why it becomes large.
Issues Occur Due to Oversized PST Files
- If your Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size, then definitely your Outlook data will corrupt.
- Also, your Outlook becomes slower and unresponsive, which may impact your work.
- Large PST file may cause delay in receiving emails, you can’t send emails and attachments are taking a long time to be downloaded.
These are the main issues, but do you know why PST becomes oversized? Here are the reasons mention below:
Reasons Responsible for “Large PST File Crashes Outlook” Error
Outlook has multiple versions, which have different size limits based on the version. like Outlook 97 and 2002 has a 2 GB size limit, Outlook 2003, and 2007 have 20 GB and all version latest version including Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 has a 50 GB file size limit. if this limit has been crossed then there are high chances of data loss and corruption. To avoid these issues, read out the mentioned reasons:
- Large Attachments: If you are receiving 200+ emails with 50, or 60 attachments per day, then there is a high risk of an oversized PST file. So, you should delete unnecessary attachments and emails.
- Duplicate Data: Duplicate emails and other items are also a reason for the large PST file.
These are some basic reasons for the “Outlook crashes when opening large data file” error. Now without wasting your time, let’s get started on the process.
Manual Methods to Fix “Outlook Crashes When Opening Large PST File” Error
If your Outlook is working in good condition, then these manual methods will be beneficial for you. All the methods are mentioned below in detail one by one:
Method 1: Fix “Large PST File Crashes Outlook” By Compact Now
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Select the File tab and then the Info tab from the list.
- Choose “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings…” options.
- Click on the Data Files tab >> Select the large PST file.
- Click on Settings and hit the Compact Now button.
- Live process of compacting the file running.
Method 2: Solve “Large PST File Crashes Outlook” by Archive
- Open an Outlook account.
- Click on the File >> Info >> Tools and Clean Up Old Items option.
- Enable the “Archive this Folder and all Subfolders” option.
- Then Enable the “Include items with the Do not Auto Archive” option.
- Lastly, hit the OK button.
Method 3: Using the Cleanup Tool
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Click on the Info >> Cleanup Tool >> Mailbox Cleanup.
- Now here you will get the all information and task that you have to perform to resolve the “large PST file crashes Outlook” error.
- View Mailbox Size.
- Find items older than or larger than.
- View Deleted Items Size and Empty Deleted Items folder.
- View Conflicts Size or Empty Conflicts…
As you can see that all the possible manual methods have been mentioned above in detail to increase PST file size in Outlook. But they some requirements and limits such as:
- Outlook installation is required on your system.
- Your Outlook profile is must connected and in working condition.
- These methods will not work with corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible PST files.
If you don’t want to face any mentioned limits and situations, then you should use the expert solution.
Professional Method to Solve “Large PST File Crashes Outlook” Error
Above mentioned manual methods are nice and straightforward, but they have some limitations and restrictions. And also, there is no 100% chance that they will work.
So, to avoid this error “Outlook crashes when opening large data file,” you have to break your data file into multiple files using one of the best and highly recommended PST Splitter Tool by RecoveryTools.
The software has numerous features and filters, which may help you to safely split your PST files to resolve your all errors. The software has a simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users to solve “large PST file crashes Outlook” errors.
Users can split Outlook PST file into smaller parts by size into 2 GB, 5GB, 10 GB, and 20 GB according to their choice. Also, the software has the power to load the data directly from the configured Outlook profile, whether your Outlook is working or not.
And if you have a corrupted, damaged, orphan, or inaccessible file, then the tool will repair it with the Use Recovery Mode option and provide results in a healthy file format.
Steps to Fix Large PST File Size without Outlook
- Install the tool by using the download button.
- Add the PST files automatically and manually using Select Files and Select Folder options.
- Check and uncheck the folders and subfolders that you want to split.
- Select the location using the Browse button.
- Enable the advanced Split Option as per your choice.
- Hit the Split button to solve the “large PST file crashes Outlook” option.
The software comes with the free trial version, which can split 25 items from each folder to analyze the software’s performance. So, if you have any doubts or queries related to the software, then download the free edition.
Time to Say Goodbye
Outlook is a widely famous application around the world, users choose this email client because it comes with amazing and advanced features. But corruption, large PST files, etc are the most common problem in Outlook data files. As it is “large PST file crashes Outlook” error is one of them, and here we have explained the complete information and step-by-step guide. We have used both manual and professional methods to reduce PST file size without Outlook. Manual methods have limits and professional methods come with features, select the required method which suits your need best.