How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server? Complete Solution
In this write-up, we will continue discussing the process to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server account. This query has been asked by most of the users from different backgrounds. But don’t worry, here you will get the proper solution to complete the task.
We all know that migration from a particular email client to an on-premise server and users will face multiple issues if they start doing this continuously. That’s why we are here with our clients and ready to provide a solution that can help them migrate the data from HCL Notes to Exchange Server.
A common inquiry from our clients is “How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server?” Recently, HCL acquired IBM Notes rights, so the technology is renamed HCL Notes. Often, associations are migrating from Lotus Notes due to multiple reasons.
The reason is obvious, Lotus Notes is a more technical & complex email client in comparison to other applications available. Moreover, the working expenses of IBM Notes are fundamentally higher than others.
Also, it is better for users for Lotus Notes to Exchange migration which provides better functionalities and has the ability to handle the entire business data. And, it also costs less compared to Lotus Notes.
Today, organizations need to use a high-level platform to deal with their daily correspondence work. This is why most organizations use the Exchange Server platform and looking for a solution to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange.
“Hi, recently we received news that IBM announced it is selling several software products to HCL Technologies including IBM Notes and Domino Server. Therefore, we no longer receive updates from IBM Notes. This is why our organization wants Lotus Notes to Exchange migration. Does RecoveryTools help me in this matter?”
Reasons to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server
- Cloud Network Support: The Microsoft Exchange Server makes it simple to build an infrastructure for an organization and business on the cloud. In addition, the Exchange can be accessed from anywhere. It is a great idea for Lotus Notes to Exchange migration.
- Simple Maintenance: When moving Lotus Notes to Exchange, convenience and availability become straightforward. That’s why most of us want to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server.
- Access from Anywhere: Microsoft Exchange Hosting permits you to synchronize your information with multiple devices like PCs, tablets, or cell phones. You can access your emails, and contacts, or schedule whenever, anywhere without much of a stretch.
- Full Data Backup: After Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration process, you don’t need to worry about your mailbox data. Because Exchange Server provides backup facilities to save your data periodically.
- Common and Recognizable: The very common reason for migrating HCL Notes to the Exchange Server is its unfamiliarity. But there are many users who know about the Exchange Server.
Instant Solution for Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration
If you are one of those who want to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server, then we suggest you download RecoveryTools Lotus Notes Migration Tool. This is one of the highly recommended utilities that is used for the Lotus Notes to Exchange migration. Apart from that, it has the ability to maintain the consistency of the entire data with proper facilitation and other things.
The software has been properly tested by most of the technical experts makes users not face any limitations or other issues in the future. It is also inherited with multiple advanced features and other characteristics according to the customized needs of the users.
In fact, the tool can also migrate the data to multiple other platforms such as Lotus Notes to Office 365, Lotus Notes to Gmail, Lotus Notes to Cloud, Lotus Notes to PDF, Lotus Notes to G Suite, Lotus Notes to Outlook, and others.
Please Note: This is a free trial edition that allows the users to migrate only the top 25 emails to the Exchange Server account. If you are looking to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server accounts, then you need to upgrade the license keys of the product.
Steps to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange
- Step 1: Run Lotus Notes to Exchange migration tool.
- Step 2: Load Lotus Notes mailbox items in its panel.
- Step 3: Choose required mailbox folders for migration.
- Step 4: Select the Exchange Server option from the list.
- Step 5: Set up migration options to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange.
Lotus Notes to Exchange Server Migration – Step-by-Step
- Firstly, launch and install the migration tool in your existing system.
- Upload your Lotus Notes files directly on the panel using Add Files and Add Folders.
- You can also get a free preview of email messages in the user interface panel.
- Now, select the Exchange Server option in the list of 30+ saving options.
- Enable the Advance filter from the Filter Options tab for selective Lotus Notes to Exchange migration.
- Here, enter your Exchange Server credentials in the user interface panel. And, choose other options according to requirements.
- Click on the Next button to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange. Wait for a couple of minutes, and you can be able to see the final message on the software screen.
Features of Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Tool
- Dual Loading Options: The program comes with two options that are used to select Lotus Notes data in a batch. Using the select folders option, you can choose to upload multiple IBM Notes user mailboxes at once.
- Get Free Preview of Emails: After selecting Lotus Notes data using dual mode, the software analyzes the mailbox items in the interface. Here, you can get the complete mailbox folder hierarchy list. Click on any folder or email to get a free preview of meta-data in the interface.
- Multiple Filter Options: The software provides various filter options to migrate only required emails to Exchange Server. Using these filter options, one can easily export emails by date range, subject, email addresses, etc.
- Install on Windows & Server Machines: Also, the program supports all editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, and Server 2019, 2016, 2012, etc. editions.
- No Domino Server Connectivity Required: While migrating Lotus Notes to Exchange Server, there is no need to connect with your HCL Domino server. The software provides a direct solution to migrate your HCL Notes data to Exchange Server without any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ques 1: Is Lotus Notes still used?
Ans: Yes, Lotus Notes is still working.
- Ques 2: Which port is used by Lotus Notes?
Ans: Lotus Notes used TCP port 1352.
- Ques 3: Is Lotus Notes IMAP or POP3?
Ans: IBM Lotus Notes helps keep your POP3, IMAP, or LDAP accounts safe by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for secure communication.
- Ques 4: What is Microsoft Exchange migration?
Ans: Microsoft Exchange migration means moving your complete data from the Exchange account to another platform including emails, contacts, calendar, and other data.
Finally, we have described the complete method to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server. We all know that businesses have many ideas in mind when they transfer emails from one platform to another. However, RecoveryTools software always gives a reliable solution for every user without any compromising. You can test this application before purchasing. If you are having any problem, still seek the help of our technicians.