How to Export Outlook Contacts to Excel Spreadsheet?
Are you looking for a method to export Outlook contacts to Excel or export contacts from Outlook for Mac to Excel sheet? If so, then read this post. In this article, we discuss how to export Outlook /Outlook for Mac Contacts to Excel automatically.
Here you will get the manual and professional methods to convert Outlook contacts to excel. First, we will explain the methods of windows Outlook and then we will show you the methods to export Outlook contacts to Excel for Outlook for Mac.
Microsoft Outlook vs Excel Sheet
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email client for both Windows and Mac. It is made by Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Outlook is an email client that enables you to receive, send, forward and store email messages, contacts, calendars, and more. You can even create your signature and use different fonts and colors when you reply to your emails.
On the other hand, Microsoft Excel is a computer software tool that you use to make a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet is a list of numbers or information. This information can be arranged in rows and columns. Each row represents a single piece of data. A column represents the type of information that is in the row.
Manual Method to Export Outlook Contacts to Excel Sheet
Normally, a user can export any Outlook contacts using Save As option. But, in case a user wants to export all or selective contacts from Outlook to Excel with the help of the Import/Export feature. This can be done just by following a few steps:
- Open Outlook for Windows on your system.
- Click on the File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export options.
- And select the “Export to a File” option and then “Next” to continue the process.
- After that, select the “Comma Separated Values” option from the list.
- Now select the contacts, which you want to export and “Next” to continue.
- And then, browse the location to save the converted file and hit the “OK” button to export Outlook contacts to Excel.
Now your CSV file saves at the selected location, next right clicks on it and choose “Open With” and select the Excel option from the list.
If you face any problems while doing the process. Then follow the professional and expert solution to export Outlook contacts to Excel sheet.
Expert Solution for Moving Outlook Contacts to Excel Spreadsheet
So, it is recommended to choose a perfect RecoveryTools Outlook PST Migrator that will provide users a direct option to export Outlook contacts to Excel. You can quickly export Outlook Address Book details with all details. Yes, a user can successfully export the Outlook Contacts list to Excel using a powerful Outlook PST Migrator tool. It is the best solution to transfer all the Outlook contacts, & address book details to Microsoft Excel.
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Working Step to Export Contacts from Outlook to Excel
- Free download and install the tool.
- And then, upload the Outlook profile data using the given options.
- Now select the required data from the software’s panel.
- Next, choose “CSV” from the saving list to export Outlook contacts to Excel.
- And then, browse the location, where you want to save the converted data.
- Now hit the “Convert” button to start the Outlook contacts to Excel conversion.
- Lastly, the selected location will open automatically with the converted data.
Why Choose Professional Solution over Manual Methods?
- The tool allows users to upload Outlook profile data automatically from the default storage location.
- Also, users can upload orphan single or multiple Outlook data files using select files and select folders.
- Support all Outlook data file versions including Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and previous versions.
- Also, allow users to select the desired location to save the converted data.
- Support corrupted and damaged Outlook contacts files.
- Maintain and preserve all the Outlook contacts items like Name, contact number, email address, etc.
Now you found the solution to export Outlook contacts to Excel sheer, next, we will show you the methods for Outlook for windows.
Outlook for Mac VS Excel
Outlook for Mac is a Mac-oriented version of Microsoft Outlook [After its huge success on Windows OS]. Similar to Outlook for Windows it is also a personal information manager which is used to manage Emails & Messages from Email Folders, Contacts from Address Book, Events & Reminders in Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Journals & To-do lists of Mac users.
On the other side, Excel is a propriety software of Microsoft Office Suite which maintains all the data of any user through Spreadsheets. Microsoft developed Excel for Windows, macOS, Android as well as iOS applications.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook for Mac to Excel Sheet? Expert Solution
As we all know, Outlook for Mac creates OLM files to store data like emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, etc. and there is no manual method available to export Outlook for Mac contacts to an Excel sheet.
You should take the help of a professional solution like RecoveryTools OLM to CSV Converter for windows and Mac systems. The software has multiple advanced features and capabilities like bulk and selected file conversion. Also, provide dual options to upload single and multiple files at one time.
Allow users to save the converted file at the desired location. Also, the software supports all files exported from Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2011. Now working steps are mentioned below for Mac Machine users. for windows users, you can check out the guide page to export Outlook contacts to an Excel sheet.
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac on your Mac Machine.
- And then, click on the “File” menu and choose the “Export” option from the list.
- After that, choose “Contacts” and click on the “Continue” button.
- Lastly, select the location, click on the “Save As” icon, and hit the “Finish” button.
Now you will get your Outlook for Mac contacts at the selected location. Next, follow the mentioned step to convert it into Excel format.
Step 2: Convert Outlook for Mac Contacts to Excel
- Download and install the software on your Mac Machine.
- And then, upload the file using the “Add Files” and “Add Folders” options.
- Now all the files and folders will be appeared and choose the required data from here.
- Next, choose the “CSV” option from the saving list and browse the required location to save the data.
- Lastly, click on the “Export” button to start the process.
From the above, we can easily analyze that a user never needed to have any advanced technical knowledge to export contacts from Outlook for Mac to Excel program. I have seen a large number of users doing it through Drag & the drop method but that will only create VCF files which are another file format for storing contact information. If you also want to bulk export OLM Contacts to vCard files visit here.
This article, it is described how to convert contacts to Excel from Outlook or Outlook for Mac. It’s worth noting that the actual Import and Export Wizard is pretty much exactly the same across all versions, but the process of getting to the wizard has changed.
This article also describes a perfect way to export Outlook contacts to Excel spreadsheet files without requiring Outlook. It gives numerous advantages to the users to manage, sort, arrange or format Outlook Contacts or emails properly using Excel.