How to Export Email from cPanel to Outlook? Complete Guide
Are you also one of those who are looking for methods to export email from cPanel to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions? if yes, then you are on the right page, here we are going to mention both manual methods and expert solutions to export cPanel email to PST format.
As we all know that cPanel is a platform that allows users to maintain servers and emails, and it provides 3 different webmail including Horde, SquirrelMail, and RoundCube.
On the other hand, Outlook is a desktop-based email client which allows users to send and receive emails. And it stores data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, notes, etc in PST format.
But due to end number of reasons, users want to export email from cPanel to Outlook PST format, however, they don’t know the right path. Don’t worry, in this write-up, we will explain step by step guide with complete information.
How to Download cPanel Email to PST Format?
Here we are going to mention all possible ways to export email from cPanel to Outlook. First, we will explain 2 manual methods, which have some limitations. And then we will use expert solutions for the user’s ease. All methods are described below in detail.
Method 1: Export Email from cPanel to Outlook using Horde
- Open your cPanel using login credentials.
- Click on the Email Accounts option,
- Choose the Check Email option of the required email account.
- Select the needed webmail and hit the Open button.
- Now right-click on the Inbox and choose the Export option.
- Select the “Download into MBOX format” option and hit the Next icon.
And your all emails will be saved in a folder in MBOX format, now you have to Import MBOX to Outlook using MBOX to PST converter tool. The software will easily convert your MBOX files into PST format without any problems.
Method 2: Export Emails in EML Format
- Open required emails in cPanel.
- and click on the Save option from the top.’
After saving all the required emails in EML format, now drag these emails one by one into the Outlook account. And then export emails in PST format.
Manual methods are done and I know you love the technique. But before starting the process, read all the limitations and restrictions.
Limitations of Manual Methods
Method 1: Users have to follow a long process to export emails and then convert them into PST formats.
Method 2: Users have to repeat the same process again and again for each email. Also, when you import EML to Outlook, the EML file hierarchy is not maintained.
Method 3: Expert Solution to Export Email from cPanel to Outlook
Here we are going to use one of the best Cloud Backup Software by RecoveryTools. The software is highly recommended in the market, because of its advanced features. The tool provides prime and one of the best features, which makes the software more usable for technical and non-technical users.
Users can easily export emails from a cPanel account into 30+ file formats and email clients. The software has numerous features that are mentioned below with step by step guide.
Working Steps to Export cPanel Email to PST Format
- Download and run the tool and choose IMAP Server as a source.
- Enter the login details of your account and IMAP Host details and hit the Login icon.
- Check and uncheck the required folders and subfolders from the screen.
- Click on the Select Saving Option and choose PST from the list.
- Tap on the Filter Options tab and apply the advanced filters.
- Enable the required filters such as Separate PST, Change Language, etc.
- Select the location to save the resultant PST file using the Browse button.
- Lastly, hit the Backup button to export email from cPanel to Outlook.
Important Note: The software comes with a free demo version which allows users to analyze the software’s performance and features.
Why Professional Solution is Better than Manual Method?
- The software provides a UNICODE PST file as a result, which is compatible with all Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
- Also, the tool is standalone and independent, and there is no need to download any third-party application such as Outlook.
- This utility allows users to separate PST files per user, such as: if you have 100 files then this feature will create 100 PST files.
- Also, users can easily migrate unlimited emails from a cPanel account into PST files in bulk at once without having file size limitations.
- The advanced filter option allows users to export specific emails by applying multiple filters such as Date Range, To, From, Subject, etc.
- The tool selects the desktop location by default, also, users can choose the desired location using the Browse button.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have mentioned the methods to export email from cPanel to Outlook PST format using manual methods and expert solutions. The manual methods have some limitations, which makes the manual methods more cluttered. So, it is better to use the expert solution, that comes with advanced features. We have tried to mention all the possible methods, hope you find the article helpful.