How to Extract Email Addresses from Thunderbird Mailbox Files?
Summary: Are you one of those who are looking for a solution to extract email addresses from Thunderbird for generating a mailing list file? If yes, then read this article to know the process to export email addresses from Thunderbird mailbox folder and open them using MS Excel. So, without wasting time let’s begin the process.
Well, Thunderbird is a multipurpose email client application that provides an open-source platform. It offers many useful features and benefits to its users such as attachment reminders, a quick filter toolbar, support for multiple client chat, and advanced message filtering. One can easily use this email client application without any technical assistance. However, there are many Thunderbird users who want to know the process to extract email addresses from Thunderbird mailbox files to Excel CSV format.
5 Quick Steps to Extract All Email Addresses from Thunderbird
- Launch RecoveryTools Software on your computer.
- Add Thunderbird profile folders in the software GUI.
- Select all or specific Thunderbird folders.
- Choose Extract Email Addresses from saving choices.
- Browse the destination path and press the Next button.
Note: You can follow these mentioned steps to extract Thunderbird email addresses from all folders. If you want to know more about the process with detailed information, then continue to read upcoming sections.
Read Similar: Technique to Extract Email Addresses from PST File
Motive and Benefits to Export Email Addresses from Thunderbird
The main motive to extract all email addresses from Thunderbird profile is that users want to create a mailing list. Thereafter, they can use the mailing list recipient’s email address for sending crucial emails about new launches, product benefits, new features, and email marketing.
Here are some benefits of creating a mailing list database:
- Knowledge sharing with audiences.
- Email marketing for business and products.
- Product awareness with descriptive information.
- New releases and major updates about products and services.
- Send a solid offer for your respective clients.
- Analysis of your clients and audience.
- Create connections with your customers using CRM tools.
Read Similar: Ways to Extract Email Addresses from PDF Files
How to Extract Email Addresses from Thunderbird Mailboxes?
There are two best methods available to export email ids from Thunderbird mailbox files. Hence, in the upcoming sections, we will discuss complete details about these techniques. These techniques are suitable for both home and professional users, let’s look at them.
#1 Manual Method
- Start Thunderbird on your machine and choose Tools << Address Book.
- Choose any Address Book to preview stored email addresses.
- Right-click the Address Book and choose the Export button.
- Choose a saving option from the drop-down as CSV.
- Set a preferred destination path and press Save.
- See Thunderbird email addresses exported in the CSV file.
- Double-click the CSV file and open it in MS Excel.
#2 Pro Method
The updated version of RecoveryTools Thunderbird Migrator has a separate option to extract email addresses from Thunderbird mailbox files. This software is capable to export all email ids from Thunderbird address book, and email properties (body, sender ids, recipients’ ids, subjects). It also has several advance features compared to manual ways. Let’s know its working steps.
- Run Thunderbird Email Address Extractor and read instructions to export email addresses from Thunderbird. Click the Next button to begin.
- This software can add Thunderbird profile data in the software panel automatically. You can also use Select Files or Select Folders button for manually adding TB data.
- Enable all necessary folders for the software panel from which you want to collect email ids and press Next.
- Choose the Extract Email Address option from the list of saving options.
- Use additional filters to extract specific email addresses from Thunderbird.
- Set the destination path to save Thunderbird extracted email addresses and hit the Next button.
- The software is extracting all email addresses from Thunderbird, please wait.
- Thunderbird email addresses exported successfully, see the message of completion.
- See software created a separate Excel CSV file for each Thunderbird folder.
- Double-click on the CSV file to access it using the MS Excel program.
Recommended: Pro Way to Extract Email Addresses from OST Files
Difference Between Manual and Pro Methods
- The manual method extracts email addresses stored under the Thunderbird address book while professional software can export email addresses available from folders and address books.
- The manual way is available without any additional settings, but pro software comes with advanced filters. Users can use advanced filters to collect Thunderbird email addresses between date range, sender & receiver information, and subject.
- Thunderbird email address extractor is capable to create a mailing list including more email addresses compared to the manual way.
- This software generates a separate CSV file for each Thunderbird folder with the original structure. While the manual method exports contacts from Thunderbird address book.
Thunderbird Email Address Extractor Features and Benefits
- Batch Export Thunderbird Email Addresses – The software provides the best solution for all users who want to extract Thunderbird Email addresses. Also, one can easily extract email addresses from all Thunderbird local folders and configured account folders.
- Simple and Consistent User Interface – The software offers a simple and easy-to-use interface for all users. Both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application without the help of technical guidance.
- Export Email IDs from Multiple TB Profiles – The software not only extract email addresses from single Thunderbird Profiles. But you can easily extract email addresses from multiple Thunderbird profiles at once. You can enable the “I am converting multiple users” option from the software panel.
- Maintains Actual Folder Structure – While copying email addresses from Thunderbird to Excel, the software keeps the original folder structure. It creates a separate mailing list for each Thunderbird folder.
- Store Resultant Data at User location – The software provides an option to save resultant data at user’s desired location. Also, you can easily select the internal and external location paths by clicking on the Browse button.
Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client which is available for multiple platforms. However, it has some limitations that do not enable users to export email addresses from Thunderbird manually for creating a large mailing list. Therefore, we need to use a third-party solution to extract email addresses from Thunderbird to Excel CSV format. Also, you can also try the trial edition of this utility to evaluate the software process before purchase. So, if you have any further queries, then contact us on live support chat.
General Asked User Queries
Que 1: Can I use this application to perform selective email address extraction from Thunderbird mailbox to Excel format?
Ans: Yes, with this application, you can select the only required email folder from the list. Using this, you can easily export only specific email addresses from Thunderbird email client.
Que 2: Does the software support Microsoft Windows Server 2022 edition?
Ans: Yes, the software supports all editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows Server 2022.
Que 3: Does the software extract email address data from multiple Thunderbird profiles?
Ans: Yes, the software automatically locates the Thunderbird profiles in batch. So, you can easily extract email addresses from multiple Thunderbird profiles. First, enable the “I am converting multiple users” option then use it continuously.
Que 4: What are the basic system hardware requirements to install Thunderbird Email Address Extractor?
Ans: The software work with the lower hardware configuration. It requires to use of this software on a Windows-based computer with a 1 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, and 100 MB Hard Drive Storage Space.