How to: Download Emails from Yahoo to Computer or USB Flash Drive ?
We all know that Yahoo Mail is the world’s third-largest email service provider. It is one of the popular services after Gmail or Outlook.com. Yahoo Mail gives multiple features including 1TB of storage space free of cost. It provides all the benefits including emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, notes, etc.
However, recently Yahoo Mail has faced several security hacks and data intrusions. Over 16 million Yahoo Mail user data hacked in 2016. So Yahoo Mail lost its user trust. But even today, Yahoo Mail has more than 225 million users in 2020. But after this accident, many people want to download their important emails from Yahoo to Computer hard drive.
We will be doing all this using RecoveryTools Yahoo Mail Backup Tool. It is a rich solution to download Yahoo Mail items on your computer. Also, it is reliable to download the bulk of Yahoo emails on the desktop in one shot. Not only this, but we will also discuss other ways to save Yahoo emails to computer or PC. So let’s get started.
Different Ways to Download Yahoo Emails to Computer
There are many ways one can save all Yahoo emails to computer/ PC or USB. The best one is to be done with Yahoo Mail Backup utility. It doesn’t require technical skills which means it can be used by both beginners and professionals. Moreover, it is professional to download Yahoo emails with attachments.
Some other methods are the following:
Copy & Paste – You can choose to copy and paste the message content into a new file. Then, save it with a name relevant to the content and a compatible file extension (EML or PDF). So, this way download Yahoo emails to computer.
POP and IMAP – Another way to save Yahoo email to desktop is to store it locally with the help of an email client that supports POP or IMAP. Some of the email client that supports POP mail delivery is Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook.
We Advice – Apple Mail does not help you anymore as older versions of macOS can be set to use POP mail, but MacOS (10.11) EI Capital and then do not support POP mail settings, only IMAP.
Now, we will be explaining all the methods one by one. You can choose the solution accordingly.
Instant Solution: Yahoo Email Downloader
To download emails from Yahoo to Computer, we suggest you to use RecoveryTools Yahoo Email Downloader tool. This application allows you to export multiple emails from Yahoo Mail to Computer format. You can extract Yahoo emails in 25+ file formats using this solution. You can use this application on Mac and Windows computers to export Yahoo Emails to Desktop.
Download from Here:
Note: Use this application to download first 25 emails from Yahoo Mail to Computer. For more, purchase the software for lifetime use.
Steps to Download Emails from Yahoo to Computer
Follow the given step-by-step procedure:
- Launch Yahoo Email Downloader Tool.
- Enter Yahoo details & choose Yahoo Folders.
- Select the required file saving option from the list.
- Choose a location path to save Yahoo emails to Computer.
- Click on the next to export emails from Yahoo to Desktop.
How to Save Emails from Yahoo Mail to Computer ?
If you are someone who wants to download multiple Yahoo emails to computer without losing a single bit of information. Then use the mentioned RecoveryTools software. The working of the utility is very easy and simplified. It gives accurate results with Yahoo Mail properties and folder structure intact. This expert solution downloads Yahoo Mail items along with the attachments. Moreover, it has no limitations to backup Yahoo emails on Computer. Users can download all Yahoo emails to their PC directly.
Step-by-step instructions are posted below to download Yahoo emails to computer.
- Go and download the program on a Windows or Mac computer. Launch the software on your computer.
- Also, you can select Yahoo Mail Batch Mode to download multiple emails from multiple Yahoo Mail accounts at once.
- Enter Yahoo Email Account Credentials like Email Address & Password. Then, tap on the Login button.
- Note: If you are facing issues in login into your account, then create App Password. And contact RecoveryTools Support Team.
- Choose the folder listed in the software panel to download Yahoo emails to computer.
- Pick saving option to save Yahoo emails as PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, MBOX, PDF, HTML, MHT, XPS, RTF file format.
- Enable Advanced Settings for Selective backup of Yahoo Mail by applying Data Range, From, To, or Subject filters.
- Now, hit the Convert button and watch download Yahoo emails to Desktop or Computer process in GUI.
- At last, click on OK button of the successful conversion message and access the resultant files from the Destination location.
What’s the Bonus? – Users can try the software for free which means without making any payment. Its demo version is available to help the user save the first 25 emails from Yahoo Mail to a computer. This way one gets familiar with the tool’s working and interface. After satisfaction, switch to the Pro edition to download all e-mails from Yahoo Mail to Computer.
How to Export Yahoo Emails to Computer Manually ?
POP vs IMAP – Setup Yahoo Account on Outlook or Thunderbird
IMAP is an Internet standard that describes a protocol that stores email messages on a mail server. POP downloads your email messages to your local computer. With IMAP, any changes made by a user to your e-mail and account, such as marking them as read or deleted locally, are also sent and performed on the server. In this practice, to save yahoo emails to your computer locally, we will only use POP settings to do so.
POP downloads copies of your email so that one can easily move or delete them in the App without affecting the original emails.
POP Settings for Yahoo Mail
- Incoming Mail Server (POP):
- Server – pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 995
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Need SSL – Yes
- Require TLS – Yes
- Required Authentication – Yes
- Your Login Info:
- Email Address – Your full email address
- Password – Your Accounts Password
- Requires Authentication – Yes
Each email client has its email account setup process. Some of them provide a direct option to add the Yahoo Mail account to simplify the whole process.
Add Yahoo Mail Account on Thunderbird
In Thunderbird, set up your Yahoo account using POP. Just follow these simple steps to accomplish this task:
- From Tools menu, and then click on Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings window, click on Server Settings.
- Enter pop.mail.yahoo.com in Server Name field,
- In Port field, enter 995.
- Under Security settings, make sure Connection Security set to SSL/TLS.
Configure Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook:
Follow these simple steps to Connect Yahoo Mail account with Outlook:
- Click Accounts option, and then in its Window, choose Yahoo Mail account in the left menu.
- Under Server information in Incoming Server label, enter pop.mail.yahoo.com
- In adjacent field following Incoming Server, enter Port as 995.
Once you successfully configured Yahoo Mail account and received all your emails & mailbox items in the email client. It will certainly create a backup on your default mailbox database storage location. However, you can also export emails from Outlook or Thunderbird with the help of the Import/Export option from the File menu.
What’s the loss in the Manual & Technical process ?
Undoubtedly, the above-discussed method is very technical, lengthy, and proves to be very time-consuming. Therefore, it is recommended not to choose this procedure. Instead of it, you can try professional and third-party software which provides users a direct option to achieve the following-
- How to save all Yahoo emails to computer with attachments?
- How to backup Yahoo emails to computers or PC?
- Can I copy Yahoo emails to computer without changes?
- How can I save yahoo emails to my computer ?
- What is the easy solution to save yahoo emails to my computer ?
The Closing Thoughts
With the help of this article, we discussed the various methods and ways to download Yahoo emails to Computer or Flash Drive. A user can either Copy/Paste message information to a text file for saving the information. Another way to export Yahoo emails or folders is by using a professional toolkit which enables a user to save all the Yahoo emails to their documents on a computer. It is completely safe. Moreover, one can test the solution for free to download some emails from Yahoo Mail to computer.