How to Migrate Zimbra to Roundcube Webmail Account ?
Are you looking for a solution to migrate Zimbra to Roundcube webmail account? If yes, then you will get a solution here on how to do that. Roundcube is a webmail service, which works in a cloud-based environment. So, there is no manual method available to import Zimbra emails to Roundcube.
At present, my server is VPS with CentOS & I am using Zimbra to manage my mailboxes. Now, I want to switch from a web hosting service due to the additional cost of storing my data. The best alternative in my mind is obviously Roundcube which is actually free with my hosting service.
I manually tried to do it using IMAP capability, but then I found that I have no root privileges. I was informed by the host that I can only run the scripts supported by cPanel. My hosting service provides me the option to export Zimbra data as a TGZ file, which I have on my local disk now.
But I have no idea to migrate the Zimbra mailboxes to the Roundcube webmail service. To my knowledge, Roundcube only supports importing emails as *.eml or *.mbox file with 50MB capped space.
Note: I only want to migrate my emails from Zimbra to Roundcube, keeping our domain & email address the same. Kindly suggest me a solution that will enable me to migrate Zimbra to the Roundcube account.
You can import Zimbra to Roundcube cPanel account with the help of a powerful Zimbra Migration Tool. The application will use the IMAP option to migrate your emails from Zimbra Server to Roundcube account. It supports the batch conversion of multiple Zimbra mailboxes to the Roundcube program.
Free download the trial from the below button:
Simple Steps to Migrate Zimbra to Roundcube Account:
- Launch application & load Zimbra data.
- Preview & choose all your required emails.
- Choose the IMAP option from the saving options list.
- Enter Roundcube username, password, IMAP port no. etc.
- Start Zimbra to Roundcube migration process.
Best Zimbra to Roundcube Migration Tool?
The Zimbra to Roundcube converter tool is designed with advanced algorithms. It gives users a large number of benefits while migrating Zimbra emails to Roundcube webmail account.
Zimbra is an open-source email server that provides a very fast & secure platform to customers for messaging. Zimbra Mail Server is a collaboration of both client & server components.
On the contrary, Roundcube is one of my personal favorite browser-based multilingual IMAP email clients. It can perform all operations of an email client on the browser like address book management, MIME support, message search, filters, folder management, etc.
Using this application, a user can quickly switch mailboxes from the Zimbra email client to the Roundcube platform. Here are a few of them listed below:
- The tool is designed with a very user-friendly interface even non-techie users can use it without facing any issue.
- A user can migrate Zimbra data to Roundcube using IMAP by directly providing the login credentials.
- Import multiple Zimbra TGZ files to Roundcube in batch mode.
- Supports to migrate deleted emails stored in Trash
- The best solution to obtain accurate results in a reliable environment.
- A team of industry experts is always present there to address your queries 24*7 through Live Chat
- Supports to migrate Zimbra to Roundcube account along with all inserted attachments.
- You can run this application on Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
Step-by-step Guide of the Software?
- Install & Run Zimbra to Roundcube migration application in your Windows application.
- You can Load the Zimbra TGZ files in the software panel in dual ways i.e., Add Files or Add Folders option.
- Browse for the source location of TGZ files directly through the application panel.
- The utility will list all the emails stored in the TGZ file. Preview the emails with all inserted attachment files of all types.
- A list of 30+ saving options is displayed in its panel. You can choose the IMAP option from here.
- Enter the account login credentials of your Roundcube account i.e., Username, Password, Server Path & Port Number.
- Once you are done with the setup process, click Next to start the migration of mailboxes. Analyze the live conversion process directly in the software panel.
- It will generate a SavingLog report that will include all the information regarding the migration of mailboxes like Date & Time, Saving Type, Selected Source Path, Items Converted History, Destination folder, & final status of the process.
You can understand from above that the whole process is so easy & simplified. There is no need to have any advanced technical knowledge to perform the migration.
How to Migrate Zimbra to Roundcube – Recent Queries
Does your application support the migration of items from the Zimbra Briefcase folder to Roundcube?
Yes, the toolkit supports the migration of documents stored in the Zimbra Briefcase folder into the Roundcube Webmail account.
I have 7 GB of TGZ file which I want to import into the Roundcube account. Is there any file size limitation to do so using your application?
No, a user can import a TGZ file of any size into the Roundcube webmail interface without any issue.
I have some documents embedded as attachment files with Zimbra emails. Can I save these attachments from the emails?
Yes, the software will list all the inserted attachment files in its panel. Users can preview the attachment & then can save it according to requirements.
I want to use this application on my Mac OS X PC. Can I use it on a Mac device?
Sadly no, the toolkit is only for Windows PC users. You cannot use it on your Mac device.
In the above article, I have explained the quick & the simplest solution to migrate Zimbra to the Roundcube account. We use a powerful application to do this task in batch mode to save time & effort. If you are looking for a smart method to migrate data, then I will like to recommend you this application.