Easily Export Gmail Emails to CSV File – Complete Solution
In this blog, we are going to give a complete solution to export Gmail emails to CSV. Here, we will guide the complete solution to easily export not only emails but also contacts, calendars, and other needed data items to CSV format. This solution is available for both Windows as well as Mac OS users.
There are many solutions available to export emails from Gmail to Excel. But for Mac, very few of them are available. After all, we had also received a lot of user queries and after studying multiple queries from different technical forums, we have finally come up with the same. We will discuss the entire guide with an effortless utility to export Gmail emails to CSV format.
Reasons to Export Emails from Gmail to Excel
- Backup: It’s like making a copy of your emails. If something goes wrong with your Gmail account, you’ll still have your important messages.
- Organization: CSV files can be opened in programs like Excel. This helps you organize and sort your emails in a neat table.
- Analysis: You can use special tools to analyze the data in a CSV file. This can be helpful for things like tracking expenses or studying email patterns.
- Sharing: You can easily share specific emails or information with others by sending them the CSV file.
How to Export Gmail Emails to CSV Format?
Here we are going to use three methods to resolve your issues. All the methods are mentioned below in detail one by one to export emails from Gmail to Excel:
Method 1: Download Email as EML
In the manual solution, we will directly export email addresses from Gmail to Excel. But the main reason for not recommending this utility is that it consumes a lot of time and effort. Saving the entire email one by one is a very hectic process to export Gmail emails to CSV. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Gmail and log in to your account.
- Click on a particular email >> click on 3 dots >> select Download message.
- You will receive a resultant message in the EML format.
- After that, open a blank Excel sheet and paste the resultant file there.
- Save the files and see the entire data in CSV format.
Therefore, you will receive the entire data including Gmail emails, contacts, calendars, attachments, and others in the CSV files. But if you want to export 100 emails to CSV, then you need to repeat these steps 100 times. So, we recommend you continue with the second-mentioned solution to carry out the results.
Method 2: Export Gmail Emails to CSV using Thunderbird
This method is divided into two steps, and both steps are mentioned below in detail. Firstly, we will connect both accounts and then export emails from Gmail to Excel format.
Step 1: Connect Gmail to Thunderbird
- Open a Thunderbird account.
- Choose Tools >> Account Settings option.
- Select the Account Actions >> Add Mail Account button.
- Enter the login details of your Gmail account and hit the Next icon.
- Put the IMAP/POP details of Gmail and hit the Finish button.
After a successful connection, now we will export emails in CSV format. follow the step 2.
Step 2: Export Gmail Emails to CSV/Excel
- Restart the Thunderbird account.
- Right-click on the connected folders of Gmail.
- Choose ImportExportTools NG >> Export All Messages in the Folder >> Spreadsheet CSV options.
- Browse the location to save this file.
Drawbacks: Users have to follow two steps to accomplish this task. Also, Thunderbird must be installed on your system. High risk of email property loss to export emails from Gmail to Excel.
Automated Approach to Export Gmail Emails to Excel/CSV
RecoveryTools Gmail Backup Wizard is one of the effective solutions to export Gmail emails to CSV in bulk. The tool has been developed with a user-friendly algorithm that works according to the needs and requirements of the users. Using this software, it is possible for users to download Gmail emails in bulk quantity without any kind of loss of data and disruptions.
The utility can easily export emails with attachments to CSV in original formatting without any kind of loss of data. Users can easily export the data into 20+ formats such as Gmail to PDF, Gmail Mailbox to PST, Gmail to EML, Gmail to Text, Gmail to G Suite, Gmail to iCloud, Gmail to another Gmail account, Gmail to Office 365, etc.
Just continue with the mentioned tool for free of cost and run the process to export emails from Gmail to Excel.
Quick Steps to Export Gmail Emails to CSV
- Step 1: Download and install the tool.
- Step 2: Put the account credentials of Gmail.
- Step 3: Choose the needed folders/subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose CSV as a saving option from the dropdown.
- Step 5: Browse the location and hit the Backup icon.
Complete Working Steps to Download Gmail Emails to CSV/Excel
- Firstly, download and install the given tool on your system.
- And, login to your account using proper login credentials and hit on the Login button.
- Choose the required files and folders from the software panel.
- Select the backup option as CSV from the list of formats.
- Apply the advanced filters as per your choice from Filter Options.
- Select the desired location using the Browse button.
- Lastly, click on the Backup button to export Gmail emails to CSV format.
Advanced and Prime Features/ Filters of the Tool
- Export Entire Data Items – The software can easily export an unlimited number of emails, attachments, contacts, and calendars to CSV format. The entire resultant data will be taken out in a unified manner while maintaining the entire data structure.
- Maintains Folder Structure – The entire data structure is maintained throughout the conversion process and there will not be any kind of loss of data. While data is uploaded on the panel, the entire hierarchy of all files and folders is maintained throughout the process.
- Option to Select Destination Path – The utility gives an option to choose any destination path on your system to save output files. Once you export Gmail emails to CSV, the output files will be stored at the chosen location.
- Export Gmail Contacts and Calendars to CSV – Users can also choose to export only contacts and calendars to CSV format without facing any kind of limitations and with no loss of data.
- Filter Search Option – It is possible for users to search for a particular email from bulk data present on the Internet. Moreover, the date range filter allows to search for emails of a particular duration.
In the above write-up, we have given an automated solution to export Gmail emails to CSV for both Windows as well as Mac OS users. Both the manual and professional solution mentioned above depends on your choice to continue with the needed data. If you have only some emails, then it is better to continue with a free solution to export emails from Gmail to Excel. But for the entire Gmail database, you should continue with the professional solution.