How to Flatten a Fillable PDF Documents without Losing Quality?
Overview: Are you also looking for methods to flatten a fillable PDF document without losing quality? Then you are on the right page, here you will get complete information with step by step guide to flatten a file for print without Adobe Acrobat.
As we all know that PDF stands for Portable Document Format, that used to store document data including images, text, signature, hierarchy, color, etc. Also, you can protect your file with a password.
And many times, happened when we used PDF files to send legal documents or office documents, and they want to highly protect the file so that no one can edit the file.
For highly advanced protection they flatten a fillable PDF form. but numerous users don’t know the right and correct path to accomplish this task.
So don’t worry, here we are going to explain all the methods to flatten a PDF file with or without Adobe Acrobat.
But before starting the process, here you will get some scenarios of why users want to flatten PDF without losing quality and why it is important.
Reasons to Flatten PDF without Losing Quality
Here we are going to mention some reasons, why flattening your PDF file is required:
- Lock PDF Documents Fields: Most experts suggest that you should lock your PDF file fields, whenever you are sending any confidential information to others. For a better understanding of this point, have a look at the example.
Example: suppose you are a builder, and you have shared contract details including (holding period, verified document, token amount, account number, etc. all the details you have mentioned and share this file with your customer. Now if you didn’t lock the form, then anybody can edit the PDF file, and you will get into trouble. To avoid such scams, you should flatten a fillable PDF form.
- Easy Accessibility of PDF with all Devices: Many times, happened when PDF readers can’t read the elements of a PDF file due to multiple layers but flattening PDF without losing quality, makes the file easily accessible with all devices.
- For Clear Visual Attributes of PDF: When you design the PDF file, then it contains multiple layers. And it is important to flatten a fillable PDF document for more clear vision.
How to Flatten a Fillable PDF Document?
Here we are going to use the three best methods to accomplish the flattening process. All the methods are given below in detail:
Method 1: Flatten a PDF Form in Acrobat
- Open adobe acrobat on your system.
- And click on the File tab to import a PDF file.
- Select the “Tools Menu” >> “Print Production” options.
- From the right panel, choose “Flattener Preview,” and also you can make adjustments to the PDF with advanced editing.
- Now check the “Enable the Page Numbering” option in PDF form.
- Hit the Apply button to flatten a fillable PDF document in Adobe and a confirmation will appear, choose the Yes button.
Your PDF file will be flattened, but this method is only for those users who have the pro version of Adobe Acrobat. Because if you are thinking to purchase the pro version, then don’t waste your money on this tool. You can use the expert tool.
Method 2: Using Chrome or Other Browser
- Open the location, where your PDF locate.
- Right-click on the file and choose Open With>> Google Chrome.
- Select the Print icon.
- Choose the “Save as PDF” option as Destination and hit the Save icon.
- Select the location and hit the Save icon to flatten a fillable PDF document.
This method will change the attributes of the PDF file, so use this method carefully.
Method 3: Flatten a Fillable PDF Form without Losing Quality Professionally
You should download one of the best and most phenomenal RecoveryTools PDF Manager Tool. This software is a highly recommended tool by IT experts because it has multiple advanced features and filters. Also, the software can easily flatten multiple PDF files in bulk at once without losing quality and other attributes.
This software is an independent and standalone tool, so there is no need to download and install Adobe Acrobat and other third-party tools. All types of technical and non-technical users can use the tool easily because it has a very simple and user-friendly interface.
Working Steps to Flatten PDF Without Losing Quality
- Download and run the utility on your device.
- Add the PDF documents using Select Files and Select Folder options.
- Check and uncheck the required folders and hit the Next button to continue the process.
- Select the location, enable the “Flatten Fillable PDF” option.
- And hit the Start button to flatten a fillable PDF Documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between editable and flattened PDF?
- PDF-Flattened: Creates your PDF file attributes into a high-resolution file, which can be seen but not edited.
- PDF – Editable: This means that a file that is text-based can be edited with any PDF editor.
- Does flattening a PDF make it uneditable?
Yes, flattening PDF documents lock the file attributes and information and became the file uneditable. So that no one can edit the file.
- What is a flattened PDF on Canva?
If you are designing your PDF in Canva, then follow the steps:
- Open design in Canva.
- Click on the Share >> Download button.
- Choose PDF Standard or PDF Print option.
- Enable the “Flatten PDF” option.
- Hit the Download button to flatten a fillable PDF document.
- How do I know if my PDF is flattened?
There are two methods to know whether PDF is flattened or not
- Use the highlight feature in any PDF reader or editor, if the highlighter feature will not recognize or verify the text, then your file is flattened.
- Twice click on the text field or form field of the PDF, if you are not allowed to edit, then your PDF is flattened.
Time to Say Goodbye
in this write-up, we have added complete information and step by step process to flatten a fillable PDF without losing quality and other information. We have mentioned two manual methods and one complete package of features. Manual methods are ok but they have some limitations, so you can download the free trial version of the expert tool. This tool comes with amazing and advanced features, that make the software more powerful.