How to Set PDF Expiry Date? Complete Guide
In this write-up, we are going to show you complete methods to set PDF expiry date using different methods. Also, we have tried to mention complete details with user queries and step by step guide for a better understanding of the topic.
We know that PDF is mainly used to share documents and other data because it can open with any device and location without downloading any specific application. To protect our files and documents, we just have to protect them with passwords.
And if people still want high protection, then they set PDF expiry date, so that the PDF file is shared till a time limit and expires after that time limit.
But mostly, users don’t know the right methods to set PDF expiry dates, so don’t worry, here we will explain the complete methods with all details.
Professional Method to Set Expiration Date for PDF Documents
You should download the RecoveryTools PDF Manager Tool to set PDF expiry date without facing any problems. The software comes with amazing and advanced features, that make the software more powerful and highly recommended.
It has a very simple and user-friendly interface for all technical and non-technical users. It has been created with highly advanced algorithms that allow users to download the software into any Windows OS including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and all previous versions.
Steps to Set PDF Expiry Date
- Download and launch the tool.
- Upload the PDF documents using Select Files and Select Folders options.
- All the documents will appear and enable the required folders and subfolders and hit the Next button.
- Select the location to save the result and enable the “Set PDF Expiry Date” option from the list.
- Now add the expiry date according to your choice.
- Hit the Start button to set PDF expiry date.
After the complete process, a confirmation message will appear, and click on the OK button. And lastly, the selected location will open the resultant data.
Prime and Advanced Features of the Software
- Dual Modes: The software allows users to add PDF files and folders using the select files option to add single and multiple PDF files and use the Select Folder option to add a folder that stores multiple files.
- Selected and Bulk Process: All the documents will appear on the screen and from here users can check the required data from here. Also, it allows users to set PDF expiry data in bulk without having file size limitations.
- No Need for Adobe: Also, the software is totally independent and standalone software, and there is no need to download and install Adobe Acrobat.
- Desired Path: This utility chooses the desktop location by default. But if you want to change it then you can select using the Browse button.
- Set PDF Expiry Date: the software can easily set the expiration date for PDF documents in bulk according to the user’s choice.
- Compatibility: users can easily download the software on any windows os including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and all other versions.
As you can see, how simple it works. Still, if you have any doubts or queries related to the software, then just download the demo version to set PDF expiry date but only in the first PDF file with the company’s watermark.
Script Code to Set PDF Expiry Date
I know many of you have got the Noda JS code solution to set expiration date for PDF documents. So here we are with the script code. But before using this code, you have to read the complete drawbacks of this method. And also, I want to clarify that there is no method available set PDF expiry date in Adobe Acrobat.
Top Reasons Why Users Should Not Use Noda Script
- Setting PDF expiration dates using a script is totally useless.
- The file will not be compatible with all devices, especially in mobile phones.
- The applied code will not work with a Mac OS machine.
- With this user can edit the meta properties to delete every type of encryption.
Time to Say Goodbye
Above we have detailed all the information and step by step guide to set PDF expiry date using one of the best and safest solutions. We have used the RecoveryTools PDF manager to set expiration date for PDF documents, which comes with amazing and advanced features. We have tried to give complete information, but if you have still had some confusion then you can download the free demo versions. Hope you find the article beneficial.