How to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Gmail Account?
If you are also using Google Contacts and you are also struggling with duplicate contacts, then you are on the right page. here we are going to mention one of the best and safest solutions to delete duplicate contacts in Gmail account without losing contact details.
As we all know that Gmail is a widely used email service for free, that allows users to send and receive emails and contains other data like contacts and calendars. But many times, happened when we see an end number of duplicate contacts, which are taking space in our Google account.
Also, due to duplicate contacts, users face multiple problems in Gmail accounts such as:
- Duplicate contacts can clutter your contact list, and make it harder to find the specific and important contacts. Deleting duplicate contacts in Gmail makes the list more organized.
- Also, duplicate contacts take up a lot of unnecessary space in Google accounts, so it is better to remove them.
- After removing the duplicate contacts, users can easily manage their contact list of Gmail accounts.
Ways to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Gmail Account
Here we will use two methods to delete duplicate contacts in Gmail accounts using manual methods and expert solutions. Manual methods come with limitations and the expert solution comes with advanced features. Both methods are given below with complete details one by one:
How to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Gmail Manually?
- Login to your Gmail account through a web browser.
- Now go to Contact Fields from the Apps icon.
- Click on the “Merge & Fix” option from the side panel.
- Now Gmail will start the filtering process and now you can Merge the duplicate contacts.
- Lastly, hit the Merge All button to delete duplicate contacts in Gmail account.
Read More: How to Import vCard VCF Contacts to Excel?
Now as you can see that manual methods are a lot helpful but at the same time, it has some limitations. First, your Gmail account must be working, and also, sometimes merging process can be deleted important contacts.
Professionally Remove Duplicate Contacts in Google Account
Here we are going to use one of the best and safest solutions the RecoveryTools vCard Duplicate Remover to delete duplicate contacts in Gmail account. The software comes with amazing and advanced features that make the software widely famous and suitable for all technical and non-technical users.
The software can easily remove contacts in bulk without having any file size limitations. also, it comes with a free demo version, so that users can analyze the software’s performance and features. All the working steps with step by step guide are mentioned below:
Steps to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Gmail Account
Here you have to follow two steps to accomplish this task. First, we have to export all the contacts from the Gmail account and then we will remove duplicate contacts using the software.
Step 1: Export All Contacts from Gmail Account
- Open a Gmail account through a web browser.
- Click on the Export button from the side panel.
- Choose the Export As vCard option from the list.
- And click on the Export button.
- And your contacts will be saved locally.
Step 2: Remove Gmail Duplicate Contacts
- Download and install the software on your machine
- Add the VCF/vCard files using Select Files and Select Folders options and click on the Next button.
- All the folders and subfolders of VCF will appear check the required folders and again hit the Next button.
- Select the location using the Browse button.
- And enable the Create Single VCF option to create only a single resultant file.
- Enable the All Fields option from Duplicate filters and hit the Extract icon.
- And live process to delete duplicate contacts in the Gmail account.
Why Should Users Choose Professional Methods Over Manual Methods?
- The software comes with some advanced features, which makes the software the first choice of users:
- Dual options allow users to add VCF single and multiple files/folders using Select Files and Select Folders.
- The software supports all types of VCF files exported from email clients and applications.
- Also, it is compatible with all vCard versions including vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, and vCard 4.0.
- It has the power to allow users to delete duplicates from desired folders in bulk without having any file size limitations.
Time to Say Goodbye
In this blog, we have mentioned the complete information with step by step guide to delete duplicate contacts in Gmail account by using in built features and expert solution. Manual methods are beneficial but at the same time, it has some limitations. I suggest you if you are doing professional work, then you should go for the expert solution. The software comes with a free demo version with all features. I hope you find the tool helpful.