How to Delete Duplicate Contacts from Android? Complete Guide
If you are using an Android smartphone for a long time, then there are high chances of duplicate contacts on your Android mobile. Duplicate contacts are created by uploading them from multiple different sources or by doing a manual process.
And due to duplicate contacts, users face a lot of problems with their Android mobile such as:
- Cluttered and unmanaged contacts list.
- Duplicate contacts take up a lot of storage space.
- Also, it is hard to find the right information in Dedupe contacts.
To avoid these problems in smartphones, here we are going to explain one of the best and highly suggested tools and manual methods with complete information to delete duplicate contacts from Android.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts from Android Mobile?
Here we are going to use manual methods and expert solutions. First, we will use default apps and settings in Android phones after that we will use the professional solution. Both methods are mentioned below in detail:
Method 1: Merge Duplicate Contacts from Android:
- Firstly, open Contacts on your phone.
- Click on the three dots from the top corner.
- Choose the Manage Contacts option.
- And then, choose the first “Merge Contacts” option.
- Select the duplicate contacts individually or at once.
- Lastly, hit the “Merge” button to delete duplicate contacts from Android.
Method 2: Delete Duplicate Contacts from Android using Contact
- Again, open the Contacts app.
- Click on the Three Dots >> Manage Contacts option.
- Choose the “Delete Duplicate Contacts” option.
- Hit the Delete button to delete duplicate contacts from Android.
Method 3: Using Google Contacts
- Download and open Google Contacts.
- Click on the “Fix and Merge” option.
- Select the “Merge and Fix” button.
- Choose the “Merge Duplicates” option.
- Now select the required contacts that you want to remove or merge individually and at once by using Merge or Merge All button.
These methods are straightforward and beneficial for you, but at the same time, it comes with some limitations to delete duplicate contacts from Android such as a high risk of merging or removing some important contacts accidentally.
And also, if you have a huge contacts list, then these methods will take a long time to be completed. So, it is better to use the professional method to remove duplicate contacts from Android mobile.
Method 4: Delete Duplicate Contacts from Android Professionally
You should download and install one of the best and most widely used solutions the RecoveryTools vCard Duplicate Remover tool. The software comes with amazing and advanced features, that make the tool more powerful and easy to use for all users.
Users can easily remove duplicates from all types of VCF files, exported from any device or email client. The tool is pocket-friendly and lightweight, and delete duplicates efficiently. Working steps with advanced features are mentioned below in detail:
Steps to Remove Duplicate Contacts from Android
- Firstly, download and launch the tool and read all the instructions.
- Two options will appear, and upload the VCF file using Select Files and Select Folders options.
- All the contacts will appear check the required contacts and hit the Next button.
- Select the destination path using the Browse button.
- Check the Create Single VCF option as per your choice.
- After setting up all the settings, hit the Extract button to start the process.
Why Should Users Take the Help of Professional Methods?
- Offers dual options to upload VCF files and folders using the Select Files option to add single files and Select Folders option to add a folder that contains multiple files.
- Also, users can easily choose the required folders and subfolders from the screen and can delete duplicate contacts from Android at once in bulk without having file size limitations.
- The software will choose desktop location by default, to change the path according to your choice use the Browse button.
- Allow users to remove duplicate contacts by field, you just have to enable the All Field and the required field.
- And also, the software supports all types of VCF files including vCard 2.1, 3.0, & 4.0 Versions in bulk.
Online Tool to Merge Duplicate Contacts from Android
You will get multiple online tools to delete duplicate contacts from Android mobile. But these tools are not verified and trustworthy to accomplish the task. Also, we don’t know whether these tools are saving our data or not, and where they will use our data.
So, it is better to use offline tools, like we have used. This tool provides 100% safe and secure results without saving data.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have explained all the possible methods and complete information to delete duplicate contacts from Android mobile. First, we have used all the manual methods using the default Contact app, that have some limitation. And then we have used the professional method, which comes with amazing and advanced features. Also, if you want to test the software, then download the free version to analyze the features. I hope you find the article beneficial for you.