Complete Solution – How to Configure or Add Exchange to Thunderbird?
Overview: Here, in this write-up, we are going to discuss how can a user add Exchange to a Thunderbird account. No issues just continue reading with this blog and get the complete to add the data to the Thunderbird account.
Thunderbird is one of the well-known Email client applications that allows users to send and receive emails both for personal as well as professional use. This email client is characterized to configure multiple email accounts in it. A user having 2-3 email accounts can continue with using only one email platform with having all accounts data. Moreover, it is easier to configure email accounts in Thunderbird.
If we talk about Exchange Server, then we can say that it is one of the well-known on-premise email platform servers that store the data of the entire organization. A lot of Exchange users also thinking to add their data to the Thunderbird email client so that it is possible for them to manage their data more properly. Just by configuring Exchange Mail in Thunderbird, users can carry out the needed data.
For moving the data, there are 2 solutions mentioned. First is – how to configure Exchange Mail in Thunderbird. The second is – Add Exchange Data to Thunderbird using Professional Solution.
Configure Exchange Email on Thunderbird Manually
- Open Thunderbird in your system.
- Go to Settings option >> Select Account Actions.
- Click on Add Mail Account >> Enter log-in details.
- Enter your name, email address, and password, and Continue.
- And, choose Manual Configuration from there.
Incoming Server hostname: outlook.office365.com (Choose IMAP)
Incoming Port: 993
Outgoing Server hostname: smtp.office365.com
Outgoing Port: 587
After all, this, click on Done to continue further.
To ensure that you send from your new account, please continue with the Outgoing Server (SMTP). Then, choose the SMTP account having a smtp.office365.com server address. Once done, click on Set Default, and OK to add data in Thunderbird.
Hence, after performing these steps, you can easily configure Exchange Mail in Thunderbird.
Another Solution to Add Exchange Account to Thunderbird
To properly add the data to a Thunderbird email client, we recommend you to use RecoveryTools Exchange Server Migrator. Using this solution, it is possible for users to easily migrate the data from Exchange account directly to the Thunderbird Email client.
The mentioned utility has the ability to handle a large amount of data and will not lead to any kind of loss of data. You just need to add the login credentials of your Exchange account in the software panel, and the entire data and easily export Exchange to MBOX Thunderbird. Only source details are required such as user/domain name, password, and server address.
The Exchange to Thunderbird Tool will add both the Hosted Exchange Server as well as the on-premise Exchange Server accounts without imposing any kind of limitations.
Just Download the mentioned utility for free of cost.
Step By Step Guide to Bulk Add Exchange Email to Thunderbird
- Install & Run mentioned tool & then choose Exchange Server or Hosted Exchange Server
- The software asks the users to enter login credentials like Domain/User Name, Password & Server Name. Users can also log in using an Exchange Administrator account, which helps them to manually or automatically map mailbox folders of multiple users as per requirements.
- It will start analyzing & fetching all the mailbox items in the application panel.
- Choose the Thunderbird option from the list of 30+ Saving options to add an Exchange email.
- The software will display all the Saving options as well as click on Use Advanced Settings for Selective Backup for the migration of selective Exchange mailbox items on the basis of Date Range, To, From & Subject of the utility.
- Click on the Backup button to initialize the migration options as well as the software will also display the live process.
- Once the migration process is finished successfully. A confirmation message will be displayed to open Mozilla Thunderbird or check the converted folder. At last click on the OK button to exit.
- The software will automatically open the resultant added file location having all the mailbox folders.
- At last, the software will generate a SavingLog report including all the information like Start Date & Time, Saving Type, Selected Source File Path, Folder file Path, Items Converted, as well Status of the process.
Hence, by performing these simple steps, you can easily add Exchange email to the Thunderbird account without imposing any kind of file size limitations.
Exchange to Thunderbird Tool – Major Features & Benefits:
- Just by entering the login credentials of Exchange Server, the entire data including all the mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, and other data will display on the screen.
- Using the I am Admin option, users can log in using the administrator account to add the mailbox of multiple users and enable automapping of the user’s mailbox account.
- The tool also comes up with Advanced Filter settings. Users can easily apply filters such as date range, send email address, receiver’s email address, and subject of the message. There are multiple other options also available.
- Moreover, the utility has the ability to maintain the on-disk system folder hierarchy of the Server. During the migration process, all the mailbox items and hierarchy will not be interchanged or swapped.
- The software will automatically detect the default Thunderbird Profile & export all the resultant mailbox items at that location.
- This utility comes up with a user-friendly interface that is very easy to use. Any technical or non-technical user can use this software to perform the migration.
- The toolkit creates a SavingLog report having all the information such as the number of Items converted, source file path, start date & time, saving file type, destination folder path, & final status of the process.
In this article, we get to know how can a user add Exchange to a Thunderbird account. We described two solutions to add the data, you can continue with any solution depending on requirements. Using the first solution, it is easy for users to configure Exchange Mail on Thunderbird. But we recommend you continue with the second solution that allows you to add the data selectively. For more information, you can anytime connect with our technical experts.