Move Apple Mail to New Computer Manually or With Automated Process
This article outlines every possible method to move Apple Mail to a new computer. So, if you’re looking for a superb solution for the same, the platform is all yours. So let’s get started.
One of the primary downsides of using a desktop-based client such as Apple mail is that you are limited to using it on a single device because all data is stored on a local disc. You cannot access a previously configured Mac mail folder unless you relocate it from the prior configuration.
Thus, relocating the Apple mail client to a new Mac creates the need to transfer Apple Mail folders to another computer. Therefore, let us describe the methods by which you may move them without losing any data.
The Manual Method to Move Apple Mail to New Computer
To transfer Mac Mail folders to new computer, you must first export or find the location of your Apple mail files. The following are the procedures for locating your Apple mail folders.
Move Mailboxes from Mac Mail
- Select the Mail app’s icon on the Mac Dock to launch it.
- In the Mailboxes panel, choose the mailbox or folder you wish to convert to the MBOX file.
Note: By holding the Command key and choosing the specific folders you want to include, you may pick several mailboxes or folders. Pick the first item, then hold the Shift key and select the last item. The Mac Mail will highlight all the things between the two chosen items.
- Select Mailbox > Export Mailbox from the Mail menu bar.
- Select Choose to produce a new MBOX file to the desired location after selecting a destination folder for the MBOX file.
Then, you need to transfer all these folders on a pen drive and paste them onto the new system. So, this is the first phase to move the Apple Mail to new computer. Now follow the instructions given below to finish your task.
Import Folders to Apple Mail
1: Choose File > Import Mailboxes on your Mac’s Mail program.
2: Select a source from the list, read the information beneath the list, and then click Continue.
- Select Apple Mail if you are importing a mailbox exported from Mail or a folder in the /Library/Mail/ folder on another Mac. On a Mac, click the desktop to bring up the Finder, press and hold the Option key, pick Go > Library, and then select the Mail folder.
- If you are importing messages from a Windows or UNIX computer, choose “Files in MBOX format” and then navigate to the folder that contains the files.
3: Rearrange the imported messages as desired.
- The messages are stored in a new mailbox in the Mail sidebar named Import. You may then remove the Import mailbox by dragging folders and messages from it to new or existing mailboxes.
This concludes our discussion on how to move Apple Mail to new computer. As you can see, the stages are extremely extensive and do not guarantee the data’s integrity. Additionally, though you may utilize folders through only Apple mail, you will be unable to utilize the folders with another account.
As a result of these limitations, we suggest you to use a professional solution to transfer Mac mail folders to a new computer conveniently and swiftly.
An Alternative Way to Move Mac Mail Email to Another Computer
The Mac Mail converter is the simplest and most direct solution to transfer Apple Mail folders to another computer. The main feature of the program is that it allows you to move folders not only to the same Mac mail-compatible client but also to another. Thus, when you switch machines, you will have the option of using another account with the same data in addition to Mac Mail. With this app, you can convert Apple Mail emails into PDF, and other file savings. As such, consider the way through which you may utilize the instrument to do your objective.
- To begin, copy and paste the folders to your new system, whether it is a Mac or a Windows device.
- Following that, download, install, and open the software on the device to which the Mac mail folders were saved.
- Now, click Select files or Select folders to pick the Mac files you wish to convert.
- Then, you will notice that the program has updated all your selected Mac mail folders.
- Now, you must pick the saving choices that are compatible with the email client that you intend to use.
- And then click the Save button after specifying the location for the files.
- Lastly, click on the “Next” button to move Apple Mail to new computer.
This is how the Apple Mail converter functions. Now, let us go deeper into it in order to ascertain its full potential.
Find Some Traits of the Alternative Approach
- The utility is compatible with all the versions of Mac and Windows operating systems.
- It is capable to move Apple Mail to a new computer in batches without any constraints.
- It also relocates the general attributes of Mac mail, such as attachments and others.
- It allows you to store your data in a portable file format other than the one compatible with Mac Mail.
- It provides a dual choice for converting files: pick individual files or entire directories.
- It is 100% secure and ensures the integrity of your data during the procedure.
In this article, we have discussed various methods to move Apple Mail to new computer. The first is the manual, which includes several procedures and is limited to transferring data to an Apple Mail-compatible file format. The alternative approach is an automatic solution that requires fewer steps and can even migrate Apple Mail folders to another format of your choice. You may compare both the ways and determine which one is best for you.
Also Read: How to Convert Apple Mail to Zimbra?