How to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365 Account? Complete Guide
Synopsis: Do you need to migrate cPanel email to Office 365 or Microsoft 365 account? But you don’t know the right method? Don’t worry, here you will get a flawless method for cPanel to Office 365 migration. So, stay with us and learn the process.
cPanel is a control panel for your domain. It is widely used by Linux hosting providers to manage your hosted websites. It also provides a webmail service also known as a web-based email client or cPanel webmail service. You can access your cPanel webmail via the POP3/IMAP protocol.
cPanel webmail offers a lot of benefits such as business email address, email spam protection, email authentication, email autoresponder, and email forwarder. These features are generally not available with other service providers. However, the speed of cPanel is very less, and the mailbox size is limited.
These advantages are quite useful for individual users or small organizations. But it cannot meet the requirements of large and medium-sized organizations. That’s why users want a professional solution like Office 365 and want to migrate cPanel email to Office 365.
Reasons for cPanel to Office 365 Migration
When we are talking about cloud migration or cloud service, Microsoft Office 365 is the first thing that comes to our mind. Microsoft Office 365 is one of the reliable solutions provided by Microsoft Corporation and offers a complete package integrated with the Microsoft Office productivity suite.
But how can we migrate cPanel email to Office 365? This question seems quite complicated and interesting as well. Let us first go through the reasons for cPanel to Office 365 migration.
There are many reasons why organizations choose Office 365. Some of them are:
- It is a popular and trusted platform developed by Microsoft Corporation.
- It offers advanced security and threat protection benefits that are not available with the cPanel webmail service.
- It allows a one-click configuration. You just need to enter your Office 365 credentials to connect directly to Microsoft 365 with a desktop-based Outlook client.
- cPanel uses webmail only for receiving and sending emails. But Office 365 allows you to access almost all Microsoft Office productivity tools like Word, Excel, SharePoint, Access, Outlook 365, and more.
- Users can easily store their files and document on Microsoft Cloud storage, which is not available with the cPanel webmail service.
Manual Methods to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365
Here first we will export emails from the cPanel account and then we will import the exported emails into Office 365 account. All the steps are mentioned below one by one, read carefully.
Export Emails from cPanel
- Open cPanel and log in with your credentials.
- Click on the Email Accounts option.
- All the email accounts will appear and click on the Check Email option.
- Select Horde to open your emails.
- Select all emails using the CTRL+A key.
- And right click on it and select the Export option from the list.
- Select the “Download into an MBOX file” option and hit the OK button.
And your emails will be saved in MBOX format, now we will import MBOX to Office 365 account. But there is no direct manual method to migrate cPanel email to Office 365 account, so we will take the MBOX Converter Tool help. This software will accomplish the task quickly.
Simplified Solution to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365
There is some method that allows you to migrate only newly received emails to Microsoft 365 account; however, in order to migrate a mailbox from cPanel to Office 365 account, you need a professional solution.
RecoveryTools cPanel Email Migration tool is the best choice for users who want to import cPanel email to Microsoft 365 account. One can use this application to transfer multiple cPanel user mailboxes at once. Also, the solution is supported by Windows and Mac computers.
Note: You can download the trial edition which is the same as the paid edition. The only difference is that the trial edition allows you to migrate only a few emails from cPanel to Microsoft 365 account. For complete mailbox migration, you need to purchase the software key.
Steps to Migrate Email from cPanel to Office 365
- Download and launch the software on your system.
- Choose the source as IMAP Server from the 90+ webmail list.
- Enter the login details of your cPanel account and IMAP Host details and hit the Login button.
- All the folders and subfolders will load and choose the required data from here.
- Click on the Select Saving Option and choose Office 365 option from the list.
- Select the Filter Options tab and apply the advanced filters as per your choice.
- Enable the advanced filters such as I Am Admin, Change Language, etc options.
- Enter the login details of your Office 365 account and hit the Backup icon.
Top Advantages of cPanel to Office 365 Migration Tool
- The solution allows you to directly migrate cPanel email to Office 365 account. Now, there is no need to extract data from cPanel webmail to import it into Office 365 account. All you need to do is enter your cPanel webmail account credentials for cPanel to Office 365 migration.
- Enter your cPanel webmail account credentials and start analyzing your mailbox folders. You can choose the required email folder and start the selective email migration process.
- If you face any connectivity issues, extract your cPanel mailbox data to an MBOX file, and learn the process to import MBOX files to Office 365 account.
- One of the useful options provided by this solution is the proxy server. You can use this option to connect your cPanel domain webmail account through a proxy server.
- Another advanced option that makes this application different from others is the Batch Option. This option allows users to migrate several cPanel accounts at once.
- Many users only require to migrate some selected emails from cPanel to Office 365 accounts. For these users, this application gives additional filter options. Using these filters, one can easily export emails by address, subject, date range, etc.
- The cPanel to Office 365 migration tool offers another benefit to store migrated cPanel emails in the default Office 365 account.
- The software is available for Windows and Mac computers. So, you can use it on all your latest Windows workstations including Windows 11.
General Queries Asked by User
- My cPanel webmail quota limit has been exceeded. Can I migrate cPanel email to Office 365 account?
Sure, you can use this application to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365 account directly.
- How can I use this application to import selected emails from cPanel (Horde) Webmail to Office 365 account?
During the process, the software allows you to choose the advanced filter options. These filters can allow you to export only selected emails from cPanel to Office 365 account.
- Does the solution allow me to migrate Horde Webmail to Office 365 account?
Yes, you can read the complete process here: – Horde to Office 365 Migration.
- Does it support all cPanel Webmail services or not?
This application supports all cPanel webmail services including Horde, RoundCube, and SquirrelMail. You can choose any of them from the list of email sources.
After reading this post, you will be able to migrate cPanel email to Office 365 account easily. You can also test the demo variant of this application without paying any money. If you have any questions about the product and its procedure, then feel free to contact our technical support team.