How to Import Contacts from CSV Files to iCloud Contacts ?
This article explains the process of importing CSV contacts to iCloud account for iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices. Generally, these formats are difficult to handle without specialized programs, but RecoveryTools is here to help you. So, read this article completely to know the process.
Well, a CSV file is not a standard contact format. But still, most applications and online platforms use the CSV format to save their contact information such as Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, etc.
Why We Use CSV Format ?
Comma Separated Values, CSV file format is a data file to store information in a structured table format. You can easily edit or create a CSV file in a Microsoft Excel program. Also, the CSV file can store contact data or structure data for Server Computers.
However, the problem comes when we need to import CSV contacts on iCloud platform. Because iPhone and iOS devices don’t offer options to import CSV contacts. But iCloud allows you to import contacts from vCard files.
Download the RecoveryTools CSV to vCard Converter on your Windows Computer. As the name suggests, this efficient software has the ability to Convert CSV Contacts to standard vCard format.
Steps to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud Account
- Run the software on your Windows PC.
- Select CSV file with browse button into the software.
- Mapping fields as per setup contact requirement.
- Set the destination location path to save resultant data.
- Click on the next button to initialize the process completely.
Note: – The software comes with a demo version that will allow you to export only a few items from a CSV file.
How to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud ?
- Launch the software on your Windows Computer.
- Browse the CSV Contact file from your location to Software.
- After selected CSV files, the software provides Contacts Mapping Fields as per requirement.
- Now, set the location path to save resultant data at user desired location.
- The software provides multiple encoding options.
- Finally, click on the next button to export CSV Contacts to iCloud account.
- When the process has completed the software automatically opens the resultant location.
- Login to your iCloud account.
- Select the Contacts option from the various icons.
- Choose the Import vCard option from the list.
- Browse the Converted vCard file from the resultant location.
Import CSV to iCloud Contacts Tool – Benefits & Features
- Multiple Mapping Fields:
The program allows its users to preserves all details and properties of CSV files. One can use this application to manage or arrange the contact fields such as name, title, date of birth, etc.
- Simple Solution:
The software comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface to import CSV Contacts to iCloud account. The software is a universal application to convert CSV Contacts files to vCard format for multiple platforms.
- Maintain All Contact Properties:
The software keeps all contact properties during the conversion process. It preserves all contact fields such as Contact Name, Title, Address, Email Address, Gender, etc.
- Multiple Contact Encoding Format:
The software comes with multiple encoding options to create standard vCard files. Users can create ASCII VCF files, UTF-8 VCF files, UNICODE, UTF-32, UTF-7, etc.
- Support All Microsoft Windows OS:
The software supports all editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, etc.
Why CSV is not importing to iCloud ?
CSV is not a standard contact format for storing contact information. This is why most platforms do not support CSV contact files including the iCloud account.
How do I import a CSV file into Apple contacts ?
Follow the few steps to upload CSV file in iCloud account:
- Launch the software on your Windows.
- Select the CSV file with the browse button.
- Choose the contact mapping options from the list.
- Set location path to save resultant data at user path.
- Click on the next to import CSV to iCloud account.
Does the software support Mac Computer ?
No, the software supports only Windows platforms.
Can I use this application on Windows Server Machine ?
Yes, the software supports all editions of Microsoft Windows Server variants.
In this article, we have explained the entire process of importing CSV contacts to iCloud account. For this, we need to use a third-party solution. Because there is no manual solution available to import CSV to iCloud account. The process becomes quite simple with the automatic solution. If you have any issues with the software and its process, then contact us via live support chat.