How to Import Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 to Apple Mail with Emails, Contacts and Calendars?
In this article we discuss about a perfect way to import OLM to Apple Mail. There are large number of users who wants to export Mac Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, attachments to Mac Mail. The software first convert OLM file to MBOX file format as Apple Mail provides option to import from MBOX file. We will discuss about all the aspects and requirements of a user to accomplish this task.
Why User need to Import OLM to Apple Mail?
OLM file is an archive file created when a user export data from Outlook 2011, 2016 or 2019 for Mac. It stores emails, messages, tasks, notes, contacts in address book, events, reminders in Calendars, Journals etc. Apple Mail is by default email client for MacOS, iOS or watchOS etc. It comes as free without making any subscription as well allowing various types of protocols for sending and receiving email messages like SMTP, POP3, Exchange, IMAP etc. Therefore, a large number of users are looking for a way to migrate from Mac Outlook to Apple Mail client. Some of them are discussed below:
Moving back to Mac Mail from Outlook for Mac 2011
After using Outlook for Mac 2011 for about three months, I’m actually considering going back to Mac Mail.
Does anyone have any guidance on how to move my current/saved e-mails from Outlook for Mac back to Mail? Outlook for Mac only offers one export option – to either PST or OLM – nothing to export to MBOX format.
I bought a mac book pro a couple of days ago. I had these old archived email files from outlook 2011 stored on my external hard drive. I need to open these files in apple mail.
How can I import olm files in apple mail?
- Source: https://superuser.com/questions/1302693/how-do-we-import-archived-olm-files-into-apple-mail
I have been using the mac for a long time, earlier I used Entourage as my email client, then came the Outlook 2011 for Mac and now its Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Due to some official guidelines I now need to switch over to Apple Mail. This includes transferring my database from Outlook 2016 Mac to Apple Mail.
As I am completely unaware of this process, I am looking for some help in terms of what I need to do to migrate to Apple Mail. A simple and faster approach will be more preferable.
- Source: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/317684/switch-from-outlook-2016-mac-to-apple-mail
How to Import OLM File into Apple Mail Client?
Outlook and Apple Mail both are different email client but compatible with MacOS. Outlook 2011 export all its mailbox items in OLM archive but it is not supportable to import into Apple Mail client. Therefore, it is necessary for the user to convert Mac OLM file to MBOX file format. You may need a third-party OLM to Apple Mail Converter software which can convert Mac Outlook emails to MBOX file format.
One such application is RecoveryTools OLM Migrator software which gives direct option for the users to convert OLM to MBOX file format. The utility supports batch conversion of multiple Outlook database files and user’s data to Apple Mail format. Follow these simple steps to understand its working:
- Download OLM to Apple Mail Converter from Below Download Button:
- Install & Run software and load OLM Files using dual ways.
- Select only the required OLM emails and mailbox folders.
- Choose MBOX format and setup OLM to MBOX Conversion options.
- Click on Convert button & analyze conversion process.
- After successful conversion access resultant MBOX files.
- Run Apple Mail & from File menu, click Import Mailboxes…
- It will display options to import data. Choose Other from here.
- It will ask to import data from Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage, Netscape/Mozilla, Thunderbird, Eudora or Files in MBOX format. Choose Files in MBOX format option from here.
- You will be asked for the location of one or more files in MBOX format or a folder containing them. Select the folder having resultant MBOX files and click on Continue
You will receive all your Mac Outlook mailbox items into Apple Mail instantly just by following the above steps.
Benefits of using OLM to Apple Mail Converter:
The utility comes with various advantages to its users. Some of them are listed below:
- The utility offers batch conversion of multiple Mac Outlook data to Apple Mail client.
- Allows the users to save resultant Apple Mail MBOX files at user desired location.
- The Outlook 2011 to Apple Mail Converter maintains folder hierarchy and structure.
- The software completely allows to convert Mac OLM emails with attachments.
- The utility allows selective folder migration from Mac OLM to Mac Mail file.
- Convert OLM files of Mac Outlook 2011, 2016 and 2019 to Apple Mail MBOX format.
- It preserves data integrity while keeping images, attachments, headers, metadata, etc.
- This utility offers selective conversion of only required Mac Outlook data to Apple Mail.
- The software offers fastest and rapid conversion of OLM files to Apple Mail format.
- Trial version allows to convert first 25 items from OLM file to Mac Mail file for free.
- Allows unlimited conversion of OLM to import into Mac Mail without any file size limit.
The OLM to Apple Mail Migration tool is compatible with all latest MS Windows i.e. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista etc. for 32 & 64-bit OS.