Google Less Secure Apps End of Life – What to Do?
Have you heard the Google announcement? For Gmail users, this is shocking news. Google has declared with great sadness that the Google Less Secure App end of life.
I received a message from the Google team announcing that Google Less secure app access settings will no longer be available after May 30, 2022. This statement impacts your daily life because most people have Gmail accounts and they connect third-party applications via Google less secure apps.
I have a feeling this is going to be problematic for a lot of people that use POP, IMAP, and SMTP from various systems. Computer and smartphone users are taking advantage of Google’s less secure app setting. But now Google less secure apps end of life after May 30, 2022.
Is the life of Google Less Secure Apps Coming to an End?
Yes, it’s true that Google less secure apps end of life. Because this permission enables you to link your Gmail account to another email client. However, for security reasons, Google has disabled the LSAs option.
But don’t take any stress, here we provide you Google less secure alternative. But before going to the alternative solution, Let’s have a look at Google less secure apps end of life.
“Yesterday, when I was using Google less secure apps to connect my Gmail account with Thunderbird, I have seen a message, i.e. On May 30, 2022, this setting will no longer be available. After reading this, if a less secure app setting is no longer, then how I can connect my Gmail account with a third-party application? “
“I work for an IT firm.” In addition, I need to provide access to less secure applications for my Google Workspace account. However, less secure applications are not shown in Gmail. It displays the message “This setting is managed by your domain administrator.” As a result, I am unable to save my Gmail account data since the backup program instructs me to enable less secure app access. “Can someone advise me on what I should do?”
Google Less Secure Apps Alternative
When Google less secure apps end of life, you can use an alternative Google App password solution to allow permission to connect with third-party applications. It is a 16-digit passcode that can be used to less secure apps’ access.
Steps to use Google App password
Note: Before using the Google App password, you need to turn on 2-step verification. So, the first section guides you how to turn on 2-steps verification, and then we generate App password.
- First, login to your Gmail account, then click on Profile.
- Secondly, hit the “Manage Your Google Account” >> Click the “Security” option.
- After that, you can see 2-step verification is off. Click on the 2-step verification option.
- Click the “Get Started” option to secure your account with 2-step verification.
- Now, it asks your Google account credentials. Please provide them.
- Sign in using your phone as your second step. See your smartphone’s name here, and click continue.
- After that, see your phone number to get a code via text message or phone call. Hit on the Send tab to get a code.
- Now, type the OTP that you received on your device.
- Click on the “Turn On” tab to enable 2-step verification.
Generate Google App Password
- Again, go to your Gmail account, click on the Security option, and then hit the App Password option.
- Now, enter your Gmail account details and click on the Next option.
- Select App and device according to your needs.
- Lastly, hit the Generate option to create a Google App password.
- After that, it will generate a 16-digit password to overcome Google less Secure Apps end of life.
Important message: As we all know, Google less Secure App end of life after May 30, 2022. Many Gmail users are worried about their data. It’s best to take a backup of your Gmail account on your computer.
What to do After Google Less Secure Apps End of Life?
We provide you with an alternative Google app password solution. You can connect your Gmail account with other devices. But to be on the safe side for your data, download the RecoveryTools Gmail Backup Wizard to save your account locally.
Download for Windows Download for Mac
With this tool, you can easily backup your account with the same intent. It can maintain a folder or subfolder hierarchy during the backup process. It also supports all Windows and Mac versions.
- After downloading the software, enter your Gmail account details (Email address and Google App password enter in the Password field).
- Choose the Gmail folder that you save in your system.
- Select the saving file option from the 30+ common file formats.
- Click the Filter option to backup specific emails.
- Choose the desired location to save the resultant data.
In the preceding part, we discussed the most recent issue, “Google Less Secure Apps End of Life.” Many Gmail users are used to utilizing LSAs to sync their accounts with different email applications. But we have come up with a different way to help you get back to a more secure app life.