Free Methods to Backup Windows Live Mail Emails to External Hard Drive
Are you willing to find a perfect and simple way to take a backup of Windows Live Mail to an external hard drive? If yes, then you have come to the right page.
In this article, we will show how a user can back up their Windows Live email to an external hard drive. It is important for the user to regularly back up his Windows Live Mail emails to his drive. I will explain the whole process of how to do it here.
Everyone in this world who has a presence in the virtual world is familiar with email. It is the simplest form of communication between people. Email alone will not suffice; the user will require a proper email client as well as an account configured to send and receive email.
There are many email clients, including the Windows Live Mail client. The Windows Live Mail client is a very popular and useful application for managing email. You may not face any kind of problem using it in the beginning. But, as time goes on, the mailbox size of your data will also increase.
The larger the file size, the more likely corruption in the mailboxes will occur. No one can afford to take chances with their email database. So, it will always be a great choice to keep backup copies of Windows Live Mail emails on an external hard drive.
Hello, I am Ruchelle, currently, I am using a Windows Live Mail email client. I buy a new laptop and need to back up WLM clients including emails, contacts, attachments. I tried manual techniques, but my data is so large that after a few steps, they do not work properly. And I can’t waste my precious time backing up one by one. So, please suggest to me the direct solution to backup Windows Live Mail storage folders without losing any details. Thank you!
Free Way to Backup Windows Live Mail to External Hard Drive:
- Launch Window Live Mail email client in your machine.
- As the application will start, click on the Windows Live Mail icon.
- Choose here Export Email button & then select the Email Messages option.
- It will ask you to browse the folder to save files. Choose the folder in which you want to save WLM data on an external hard drive.
- A backup process will instantly start. Preview the process with folder name & number of items saved.
- In the end, click on the Finish button.
- Your message was successfully exported using the Microsoft Windows Live Mail format.
Challenges with Manual Method
- The process will create a separate EML file which will be received for each email. Hence, managing this email becomes a very complicated task.
- Neither EML files are supported in Microsoft Outlook. So, if you wanted to read Windows Mail emails in Outlook, it was not even possible to do so.
- This process does not allow exporting selected emails from WLM.
Sequential Process to Save Windows Mail Messages to External Drive
You can try RecoveryTools Windows Live Mail Migrator software. The software will enable the users to backup Windows Live emails, contacts, & calendars to an external hard drive in desired file format. It provides 20+ files & formats to save emails. The tool will increase the usability of Windows Live Mail emails in multiple email clients & applications. The biggest benefit of using this tool is that it can load mailboxes from configured profile paths.
Download the toolkit from the below button:
Trial Edition: This Email backup utility also comes up with a free trial edition. You can check the working of this tool without requiring its activation. During its trial edition, one can backup only the first 25 emails from each folder.
Understand the Working Process to Backup Windows Live Mail Messages
- Run the software & read all important instructions.
- The tool provides various options to load data in it. Users can backup configured Windows Live Mail mailbox data or select the Windows Live Mail mailbox data manually through the Select Files or Select Folders option.
- Choose all the required Windows Mail mailbox folders which you want to backup.
- Select the file format from the list of 30+ file-saving options.
- Setup Windows Live Mail backup options like destination path, file naming options, etc.
- Analyze the whole process directly in the software panel. The software will display a complete preview of the whole backup process.
- In the end, the software will directly open the destination location. You can get all your desired mailbox items here.
In the above article, I have explained a free method to back up Windows Live Mail emails to an external hard drive. As you can see, manual methods have some limitations and restrictions, so you can use them for some data. To overcome this problem, we recommend you get a professional toolkit. The toolkit can help users create a Windows Live Mail backup and restore it in the desired file format.