How to Move Email Folders from Windows Live Mail to Gmail?
I have used the Windows Live Mail client for years and now want to transfer Windows Live Mail folders to Gmail. I am advised to create a Gmail account in Windows Live Mail and move all folders to my Gmail account. However, the task of importing all my emails is very slow. Therefore, I want to find a solution to export Windows Live Mail to Gmail while keeping my folder hierarchy structure. Does anyone know the direct solution? Please Assist Me!!!!!
Users often ask queries like ‘How to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail?’ or ‘How to convert Windows Live Mail to Gmail?’
Well, exporting Windows Live Mail to Google Mail manually is not an easy task. In this article, you will find the exact solution to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail. The suggested solution will also allow you to view data from any device on your stored Windows Live Mail client. So, if you want to learn how to import Windows Live Mail emails to Gmail or Google Mail accounts, you need to download a third-party utility.
Windows Live Mail is one of the best email clients that provide a desktop-based platform where we can easily access emails. It is an improved version of the Microsoft Outlook Express client developed by Microsoft. However, Windows Live Mail was not as popular as Microsoft Outlook; therefore, Microsoft has discontinued Windows Live Mail.
Besides, Gmail is the world’s most popular email service provider. It is a free Webmail service by Google, which allows users to access their mailbox items anytime from anywhere online. You can configure Gmail in the Windows Live Mail client, but you can’t migrate Windows Live Mail to Gmail account directly.
Expert’s Solution to Export Windows Live Mail to Gmail
One can easily import WLM to Gmail using the standalone RecoveryTools Batch Windows Live Mail Migration Tool. It allows you to transfer Windows Live Mail folders to Gmail or Google Mail accounts directly. The software also provides options to export Windows Live Mail Contacts to vCard or CSV format for Google Contacts and export WLM Calendar to Standard ICS format.
This software also provides a simple way to move email folders from Windows Live Mail 2012 to a Gmail account. The company offers a demo edition of this utility for users who want to test it first. Now, we will explain the complete process of importing Windows Live Mail to Gmail accounts directly.
Steps to Guide How to Move Folders from Windows Live Mail to Gmail?
Step 1: Download & Install the software on Windows.
Step 2: Choose Windows Live Mail data with auto & manual modes.
Step 3: Select Folders or Files to migrate into your Gmail account.
Step 4: Choose the Gmail option in the list of saving options.
Step 5: Enter Credentials and Move Live Mail Emails to Gmail.
How to Transfer Emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail?
Follow the given step-by-step process to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to a Gmail account:
Free Download Windows Live Mail to Gmail Migration Tool from the Download button.
For better understanding see the Live video
- Install and run the application. Read the instructions on the home screen.
- Thereafter, the software provides a dual mode to automatically search and manually choose Windows Live Mail data. If you have Windows Live Mail installation on your system, then choose auto-mode; otherwise, select manual options.
- After that, select the required email folders from the list.
- Thereafter, select Gmail from the Select Saving Option drop-down list.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials in the user interface panel, and click the Next button.
- The Windows Live Mail to Gmail Migration process will start.
- Finally, click the OK button on the confirmation box that appears after the successful completion of the process. Now, you can open your Gmail account to check the resultant data.
Import Windows Live Mail to Gmail Tool – Features and Benefits
- Batch Email Migration Process: – One of the important aspects of the migration tool is the option to select the desired folder through the auto-mode. However, you can simply select the required folder or Windows Live Mail files manually with dual selection options.
- Auto-Locate Windows Live Mail Profiles: – Another big advantage of this application is that it can locate the Windows Live Mail profiles automatically.
- Stand-alone Utility: – There is no requirement for any external application to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail. So, you don’t need to install any other applications or plugins.
- Maintains Original Email Formatting: – The original formatting and structure of all emails are preserved during the process. So, you will get the exact email properties after the process.
- Keep Folder Hierarchy Structure: – The software will keep the folder hierarchy structure intact during the migration process. So, you will get the original Windows Live Mail folders in Gmail.
- Support All Microsoft Windows: – The software supports all Windows Operating systems such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Advance Filter Option: – The Filter option allows you to sort and export emails on the basis of certain criteria, such as Data, To, From, etc. The software also permits you to export only the selected email folders and allows email bodies and attachments to be excluded.
Common Asked User FAQs
1. How to Import Windows Live Mail Folders to Gmail?
Follow these steps to export Windows Live Mail to Gmail:
- Run the migration tool on your Windows PC.
- Select Windows Live Mail data with dual selection mode.
- Choose the required email folders from the list.
- Select the Gmail option from the list of file-saving options.
- Click the Next button to start Windows Live Mail to Gmail migration process.
2. Can I use this application on Windows Server 2016 machine?
Yes, the software supports all editions of Microsoft Windows Server including Windows Server 2016 variants.
3. Does the software allow us to migrate selected emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail account?
Yes, the software provides several filter options to export only the required email folders from Windows Live Mail to Gmail account directly.
4. Does the software allow me to select the old Windows Live Mail data?
Yes, the software provides dual selection options that can be used to select Windows Live Mail data manually.
In a Nutshell
In the above article, we have explained the way to export Windows Live Mail to a Gmail account. If you are one of those who want to import Windows Live Mail to Gmail, download the recommended solution. You can also try the demo version before purchasing a licensed edition. The company offers a demo edition that allows you to export 25 emails from Windows Live Mail to Google Mail accounts. If you have any issues with the software and its process, then contact us on live support chat.