How to Export Contacts from WhatsApp to iPhone, Excel, Gmail – Solved!
Are you looking for an easy way to export WhatsApp contacts? Or you are one of those who want to export WhatsApp Group Contacts to CSV? If yes, then you are landed on the right page. In this article, you will get a simple method to get the contacts list in Excel, iPhone, Google Contacts, and other platforms. So, keep reading this post.
In the present advanced age, WhatsApp is the most used messaging app on the planet. It’s a text and voice messaging application that was developed in 2009. With more than 2 billion downloads WhatsApp takes into consideration messages and approaches for cell phones. That’s why it’s at present time the #1 Messaging application in the World.
Moreover, WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that is available for both iPhone and Android devices. Also, organizations can make their business profiles with WhatsApp Business App to get and send updates to their clients.
By sending contacts in a CSV file, you can easily export the contact list and send it to someone else, or import it back into WhatsApp after a long period of time. You can also sync your contacts in the cloud and share them with others. Once the data is in Excel, you can do anything you want with it.
It’s really useful to store contact details as a spreadsheet, especially if you’re trying to keep track of which contacts you’ve contacted. Also, after exporting WhatsApp contacts to Excel, you can easily share your contacts information with multiple platforms like Google, Gmail, iPhone, iCloud, Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote, etc.
Reasons to Export WhatsApp Contacts
There are lots of reasons why a user needs to export Contacts to Excel. I came across this question on Quora. It looks very easy. But when I tried to use the solution it wasn’t working at all. My query is:
“Hi, I am using WhatsApp application since few years. So I was associated with many groups, including my family groups. Recently I have bought a new android phone with my new number. I recently opened new WhatsApp account for office use. So I want to export WhatsApp group contacts. Actually, my office WhatsApp group contact list is present on my new phone. But the problem is that I couldn’t find a way to extract them from the group into CSV file. Please help if you know any process.”
– James, New York
“Using Microsoft Excel, we can easily create content for shareable, printable forms. Also, we can easily sort the required contacts from the entire list. That’s why I’m looking for a solution to export WhatsApp contacts to Excel format. Does anyone know how can I do that?”
– Rose, London
How to Export Contacts from WhatsApp App to Computer?
There are two ways to export WhatsApp Contacts to a Computer:
Method 1: Export Contacts through Address Book App
This is one of the best and most secure processes to export WhatsApp contacts to a computer. Because in this process, we don’t use any third part recourses. Follow the steps explained below:
- For this, you need to open your Phone’s default contacts app.
- Now, click on the three-dot and open settings options.
- Here, select the Manage Contacts option.
- Choose the Import/Export option. And select Export option.
- Export the entire list of contacts in your Phone internet storage with vCard format.
Note: The biggest problem with this process is that the phone extracts all the contacts including those who are not using WhatsApp.
Method 2: Using WhatsApp Web Feature
Most of you already know about the WhatsApp web version. And most people have already used this WhatsApp feature. Therefore, there is no need to explain about WhatsApp Web feature. So, if you want to know how to export WhatsApp group contacts to Excel Manually, then follow the below steps:
- First of all, open your computer browser and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- Then, open your WhatsApp on mobile and click on the three-dot settings. Here, you need to select the “WhatsApp Web” option.
- Scan the QR code through your WhatsApp device.
- Once, you are connected with the WhatsApp web, open your WhatsApp group in the web version.
- Here, press the right-click and go to inspect or you can press the shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+I”.
- Then, in the inspect window, you will find lots of numbers. Copy all these numbers (see in below image).
- After that, open your Windows Notepad utility and paste all these contacts. Here, you need to replace   ; to black space.
- And then open your Microsoft Excel and click on the paste special button.
- After that, all you’re WhatsApp Group Contacts extracted into an Excel program.
Limitation: You can use this process to remove contacts from only one WhatsApp group. But if you have a lot of numbers saved in your contact list, you can’t do it easily. Therefore, if you want to export entire WhatsApp contacts list to Excel, then I suggest you to use first method.
How to Export WhatsApp Contacts to Excel Directly?
Method 2 way to export WhatsApp contacts to computer excel format is a technical process. And a lot of users are unable to understand it easily. Also, the process only exports contacts from a WhatsApp group. So, I suggest you to use first method and extract contacts list from WhatsApp phone to computer via USB cable or email. Thereafter, you need to use a simple utility to convert WhatsApp contacts list to CSV format for Excel.
RecoveryTools vCard Converter Tool – This application allows you to convert vCard contacts to Excel format. The solution enables users to export WhatsApp contacts to Excel files. First, you need to convert WhatsApp vCard contact files to CSV format, then open them in your Microsoft Excel application, and then save them in XLS/XLSX format. It is the most usable solution to converting large contacts database easily.
- First of all, you need to download the solution on your computer.
- Thereafter, launch it and read all the instructions of this application.
- Now, you need to select the WhatsApp contacts list exported from your Phone with dual options.
- Choose the required contacts file and also get free preview in the user panel.
- Click on the Convert option and select the required CSV option in the list of file saving options.
- Set the destination location path to save resultant data at user location.
- Start the process to convert WhatsApp contacts to CSV format.
- When the process is completed, open the location and get your WhatsApp contacts list in Excel.
How to Export WhatsApp Contacts to iPhone/iCloud Using VCF File?
Apart from the above method to export WhatsApp contacts to CSV to Excel, you can also export WhatsApp contacts to iPhone or Apple cloud. If you want to transfer WhatsApp contacts to iPhone, then first you need to export WhatsApp contacts to VCF file. Because iPhone, iCloud, and Apple devices support the vCard/VCF format. For that, you need a solution that convert CSV Contacts to vCard format.
RecoveryTools CSV Converter Tool – provides a simple and easy-to-use solution to export WhatsApp Contacts to VCF for iPhone, iCloud, and other platforms. The best thing about this application can allow you to maintain your WhatsApp contacts while conversing. It gives multiple mapping filters to easily arrange your WhatsApp contacts while the process. You can understand the process by following the below process:
- First, you need to download the solution on your computer.
- Launch the solution on your current machine.
- Browse your WhatsApp contacts CSV files in the interface panel.
- Setup contacts fields through mapping filters.
- Set destination location path to save resultant data.
- Start the process to export WhatsApp contacts to VCF format.
- Get all the VCF files from the destination location.
- Open your iCloud account and go to the Contacts app.
- Here, click on the Settings option and choose the import vCard file option.
- Then, select the required WhatsApp contacts file and process to import process.
How to Export WhatsApp Contacts to Google & Gmail Account?
Google Contacts and Gmail Contacts support both contact file formats. So, you can easily import WhatsApp contacts to Gmail without getting any issues. Just follow the given step-by-step process:
- First of all, you need to open Google Contacts app.
- Thereafter, you will see the import button on the left side.
- Click on the import button and choose the CSV/VCF file.
- Browse your computer location and select the files.
- Then, press the import button to end the process.
In this article, we have explained the complete process to export WhatsApp contacts to iCloud, Excel, Google, and other platforms. Here, we also mentioned both ways to extract contacts from WhatsApp. You can also export WhatsApp group contacts to Excel and other platforms using the solution. I hope you like and easily understand the processes which are mentioned in above steps. If you have any issues, then you can also contact us through chat and email process.