How to Export Hotmail to PST without Outlook Installation?
Do you want to export Hotmail to PST file? If yes, then, this article is for you, today I am going to talk about how to convert Hotmail to PST files. So that you can easily create a backup Hotmail to PST file. Continue reading the post, here I will solve more related queries in this post.
- How to Backup Hotmail to PST file?
- How to Export Hotmail to PST File?
As we know time keeps on changing and technology will be updated with the change of time. Hotmail is a free webmail service from Microsoft that was launched in 1968. Hotmail is the most popular service for managing databases.
After some time, the name of Hotmail.com was changed to Outlook.com. It provides services like calendars, contact tasks, sending and receiving emails, etc. Some time ago I got a new project on export Hotmail email to PST file.
Because Hotmail was discontinued by Microsoft. All Hotmail users were looking for a solution to export Hotmail to PST format.
Some of the direct solutions also export Hotmail to PST and I’ll mention below how they do that and their limits.
ABOUT PST FORMAT
Two types of PST formats are UNICODE and ANSI.
UNICODE: Version of Microsoft Office 2003 and later use the Unicode PST format by default. Unicode PST files allow various character sets, have no restriction on the number of objects per folder, and have a file size maximum of 20 GB, which is 10 times larger than the previous ANSI limit of 2 GB. In the latest Outlook 2019 edition, a PST file size limitation has been increased up to 50 GB.
ANSI: PST files in Outlook 2002 and earlier are in the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) format, with a maximum size of 2 gigabytes (GB). Over 2 GB in size, and ANSI PST is susceptible to corruption.
Many Microsoft Outlook users want to know how to convert their ANSI PST (personal store) files to the new Unicode format, which they utilized with earlier versions of Outlook. Unfortunately, you can’t convert a PST from the ANSI format of Outlook97/2002 to Unicode (or from Unicode to ANSI) manually. However, the contents of an old ANSI message store may be moved, copied, or exported to a new Unicode message store.
Reasons to Backup Hotmail Emails to PST Format
- You cannot recover your data forever if accidentally deleted.
- Hacking incident is common at this time. If your account is hacked, a hacker can misuse and delete your data.
- Hotmail is a webmail service anytime a server is denied and the server crashes then you can lose your data.
- If you have export Hotmail to PST your data you can access your data any time anywhere.
How to Export Hotmail to PST Format Manually?
There are no direct solutions of export Hotmail to PST files. One solution is you can export Hotmail file to EML file and then go for Outlook desktop email client service and add your Hotmail account to Outlook Desktop Email Client.
Limitation of Manual Method
- The attachment will not save in Outlook.
- Users can only backup a single at once.
- Non-technical users cannot complete the task.
- If the Outlook server were not responding you cannot convert Hotmail to PST
- Also, you need a technical specialized person.
Automated Solution of Export Hotmail to PST without Outlook
If you are unable to export Hotmail to PST file, you can go with this professionally recommended method. With Hotmail Backup Wizard by RecoveryTools, users can easily save Hotmail email to PST format file. Also, this tool does not any additional tool installation to convert Hotmail to PST.
Therefore, users can back up with all attachments and email attributes of the Hotmail account. The software works safely and securely with accurate results in a few seconds.
Quick Steps to Download Hotmail to PST
- Step 1: Download and install the utility.
- Step 2: Enter the login Hotmail account.
- Step 3: Check the needed folders/subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose PST as a saving option from the list.
- Step 5: Select the path and hit the Backup button.
Prime Features of the Tool to Export Hotmail to PST
- The software allows users to export selective emails from Hotmail accounts from all default folders including Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash, Important, and other created labels.
- Also, users can easily download and back up unlimited folders in bulk at once without having file size limitations.
- The advanced filter option allows users to download only selected and required emails via Date Range, To, From, Subject, etc.
- Also, users can save the resultant PST file at the selected location as per their choice using the Browse button.
- The software maintains data integrity, folder hierarchy, and email components including Bcc, Cc, To, From, Subject, Attachments, Signature, Images, Font Size and color, and other formatting.
- Also, it has one of the best features, which makes it the first choice of users and easy to use for all technical and non-technical users to export Hotmail to PST.
How to Export Emails from Hotmail to PST without Outlook?
- Firstly, download and install the software on your machine.
- Enter the login details of the Hotmail account and hit the Login button.
- All the folders and subfolders will load on the panel, and select the required data.
- After that, click on the Select Saving Option and choose the PST option from the dropdown.
- Select the Filter Options tab and enable the advanced features for specific emails.
- Enable the Split PST option and Change the Language as per your requirements.
- After that, select the location of your choice using the Browse button.
- Click on the Backup button to start the process to export Hotmail to PST format.
- After the process, you will get a confirmation message and hit the OK button.
- Finally, the selected location will open automatically with the converted PST file.
In this blog post, we have described how to export Hotmail to PST files. To do this, you have the option of using direct and professional solutions. You can pick an easy and simple method and convert the bulk of emails. The professional solution is simple and fast and provides safe and secure results.