How to Export Exchange Contacts to Excel CSV Format – Solved!
Are you one of them who are looking for a solution to export Exchange Contacts to CSV or other types of formats? It’s surprisingly easy to do. In fact, the majority of Microsoft Exchange users have been looking for that for years, but that feature isn’t available in the old version. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to get around this limitation and how to export Exchange contacts to an Excel spreadsheet using a smart tool. Keep reading to know more.
If you are running a business, you need to have a good contact list. You can’t afford to lose touch with people who are important to your business. A good contact list is a key to successful business dealings.
You may find that your current contact list is not enough. If this is the case, you should consider exporting your contacts to Excel. Business owners export their contact list to Excel in order to maintain it and save it in one file.
In this article, we are going to explain the process to export Exchange Contacts to Excel CSV file. But before that, let’s understand the reasons to export contacts to CSV file.
Reasons to Export Exchange Contacts to Excel File
In general, it is important to have lots of contacts. That’s because having contacts gives you an edge over other businesses. If you have lots of contacts, then you can make more sales. There are many reasons why you should export Exchange contact lists to Excel. Here are some of them:
- You can share your contact list with friends. If you are going out with your friends, you should always carry your contact list with you. It will help you to avoid being caught the right solution with these contacts.
- You can get your contacts organized and ready for the next job. By doing so, you will save a lot of time by using Excel to get organized.
- Your Excel contact list is easier to work with. You will be able to copy and paste contacts into different areas quickly. You will also be able to use this feature to update your contacts with new information.
- You can also store your contacts in one file so that you can find your contacts easily. If you are having trouble remembering people’s names or phone numbers, it would be great if you can use Excel to CSV Converter to organize your contact list.
How to Export Contact from Exchange Server?
Method 1: Using Exchange Admin Panel
- First of all, you need to open your EAC (Exchange Admin Center) Panel.
- Now, go to the Recipients option and right side you will see the mailboxes option.
- In the mailboxes, choose the required user and right-click on it. Then choose the “Export to a PST File” option.
- The export wizard opens, here you will see two options – “Export only the contents of this mailbox” and “Export only the contents of this mailbox’s archive” option.
- After that, choose and file location path and you can also rename the resultant file easily.
Method 2: Using PowerShell Commands
You can use the PowerShell commands to export a Mailbox to a PST file. Follow the below and use the below command:
For Example, we need to export James’ data to PST file, then we need to follow the given steps:
“New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox “James” -FilePath \\SERVER05\PSTFiles\james.pst”
- Mailbox Export Request: We use the default option “MailboxExport” because we are not using the name parameter.
- Mailbox Name: In the mailbox team, we need to use and replace the name of the required mailbox.
- File Path or Location: Here, you need to choose and select the required location where you want to save the resultant mailbox PST file.
- Content & Folders: Here, you can also use more attributes including selecting the mailbox folders and items.
- Priority: You can use these attributes to set the priority of this task.
Export Exchange Contacts to CSV Tool – Solution
RecoveryTools Outlook PST Migrator Utility is the best solution to extract contacts from Exchange to Excel format. The solution supports 30+ file-saving options to export Exchange Contacts easily. You can also use this application to export Exchange Contacts to vCard file. Download the solution on your Windows and Mac computers.
Get the Product with the below Buttons:
Note: The demo version of this application allows you to export only few contacts recodes to CSV file. For more, you need to purchase this application for lifetime use.
How to import Exchange Contacts to Excel – Guided Solution
- Firstly, you need to download the solution on your computer.
- Select the Exchange file with dual selection options – Select Files or Select Folders.
- Choose only contacts folders from the list of selected Exchange User Mailbox folders.
- Click on the CSV saving option from the list.
- Set location where you want to save resultant data at user location.
- Click on the next to export Exchange Contacts to CSV file.
- Now, get your contact files from the destination location path. You can easily open this file on your Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Zoho Sheet, OpenOffice Calc, etc.
Features of Exchange Contacts to Excel Tool
- Batch Convert Exchange User Mailbox Contacts: The solution provides dual options to select Exchange exported user mailbox files. You can use this application to export multiple Exchange user mailbox contacts at once. Just save all Exchange files in single folders. And choose this folder with the Select Folders option.
- Several Saving Options to Manage Contacts Easily: The software not only offers to export Exchange Contacts to CSV files. But you can also use this application to export contacts as vCard format easily. You can also use this application to export other Exchange mailbox data too.
- Maintain Exchange Contacts Database: The solution maintains Exchange user profile contacts data while the process. There will be no changes in the original contact details while the process. You will get the exact data after completing the process.
- Freedom of Resultant Location Selection: You can select any destination location path to save resultant contact files. You can select any external or internal location path where you can easily store resultant data without any problem.
- Windows and Mac Supportable Solution: The solution is available in Windows and Mac versions. You can choose the required solution by clicking on the above download buttons. You can easily install this application on your latest Windows and Mac version easily.
- Simple and Easy to Use Graphical App: The solution provides a simple and easy-to-use graphical user interface panel. Where you can easily export Exchange contacts to Excel format without any issues. All types of users can easily work with this application without any issues.
In this article, we have explained the complete process to export Exchange Contacts to Excel CSV format. If you want to know the procedure, then read this post to know better. You should export contacts to Excel if you want to import these contacts to software. This is an easy way to manage your contacts. You can save them into Excel format. I hope you like this application and its process. Contact the technical support team to know more.