How to Import Excel Contacts to Mac Address Book – Export Excel (XLS, XLSX) to Mac Contacts
Recently, I got a new Mac device for my professional use. Since many years, I was using a Windows device. Now I want to import Excel contacts to Mac address book. Contacts are a necessity for any communication. I have a number of important business contacts in an Excel spreadsheet stored on my Windows PC. So, is there any simplified way to import Excel contacts to Apple address book? Please suggest me some solution for Excel to Mac Contacts conversion.
Contacts are very essential for everyone both for personal and business purpose. We have received many queries regarding Excel to Mac contacts conversion. In this blog post, we have managed to give a complete detailed solution to import Excel contacts to Mac address book. The Excel to vCard Wizard is a suitable solution for the above query. It is an appropriate tool to export contacts from Excel to Mac address book. To import Excel contacts to Apple address book there are a few steps.
1. Firstly you need to export Excel contacts into a Mac address book supported vCard file.
2. Once you get the vCard (VCF) file, manually transfer vCard from Windows PC to a Mac device. This can be done using some device like pen-drive or any other external hard drive.
3. Now you have to import the vCard file into Mac Mail. This way you can easily import Excel contacts to Mac address book
Steps to Import Excel Contacts to Mac Address Book
Download the Excel to Mac contacts converter on your windows based system. The software is compatible with all the versions of Windows Operating System.
1. Once you download the software, install and run it on your system.
2. Now, select the XLS, XLSX spreadsheet to import Excel contacts to Mac address book. The Excel contacts to Mac converter gives many different options.
3. While using the software, you can optimize the Contact Fields Mapping. The fields like Name, Address, Birthday, etc. can be mapped between Excel and vCard fields.
4. Now, choose the destination path for the newly converted file.
5. The tool to import Excel contacts to Mac Address Book gives many vCard encoding options. Choose the required encoding option here. Once you choose all the required fields, click on Convert.
6. Within some time the process to export contacts from Excel to Mac address book will be completed. The tool will automatically open the converted file to the chosen location.
Once you get the vCard file on your Windows PC, you can manually transfer VCF from Windows PC to Mac PC using some pen-drive or external hard drive. Now, follow the following steps to manually import vCard to Mac. In this way, you can easily import Excel contacts to Mac address book.
Import VCF to Apple Contacts – Direct Method
1. Open the Mac Address Book on your PC.
2. Now, open the folder containing vCard file which you want to import into Apple Mail.
3. Drag the vCard file into the Mac address book. A pop-up box will appear. Click on Add option to import Excel contacts to Mac Address Book.
4. Once you click on Add option, the contacts will get imported to the Mac address book. Also, you can see the preview of all the imported contacts in the Contact List.
Excel to Mac Contacts Converter – Important Features
1. Choose Required vCard Encoding: The Excel to Mac contacts converter gives many vCard encoding options like Unicode, UTF-8, UTF-7, UTF-32, etc.
2. Save Files to Desired Destination Path: The utility gives you a provision to choose the saving location for the newly exported file. So, here you can choose the destination path for Excel to Apple contacts imported file.
3. Map Excel and vCard Fields: The tool to import Excel contacts to Mac has a feature for mapping the contact fields. It gives all the information automatically to map Excel fields with vCard fields.
4. Compatibility with Windows Operating System: The software is compatible with all the versions of Windows Operating System including the latest ones.
5. Create Separate / Single vCard Files: The utility to import contacts from Excel spreadsheet to Mac Mail lets you convert Excel Contacts to single or separate VCF files.
In the above write-up, we have explained an efficient solution to import Excel contacts to Mac address book. The tool is easy to use software solution for Excel to Apple contacts conversion. It has an interactive interface suitable for all kind of users. You can try the DEMO edition of the software to import Excel to Mac contacts which is available for free.