How to Create PST File for Specific Folder in Outlook?
Have you ever tried to create PST file for specific folder in Outlook, but you felt lost or confused while doing the process? Don’t worry, in this write-up, we are going to solve your all problems using manual methods and expert solutions.
Here we will explain all the methods with complete information to create a PST file for a folder in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all previous versions.
There are multiple situations comes, when we have to make PST file for specific folder such as:
- Maybe users want to take a backup of any particular folder or email for safety purposes.
- Or maybe you have a large number of emails, which makes your mailbox cluttered, so it is better to archive those emails as PST in a specific folder.
- And if you have a large number of emails, then surely it takes a lot of unwanted storage space in Outlook. To save the storage make PST file for a specific folder.
After reading all the requirements, now without wasting time, let’s get jump into the process.
How to Create a PST File for a Folder in Outlook All Versions?
Here we will use manual methods and expert solutions. All methods are mentioned below in detail with complete information.
Method 1: Create PST File for Specific Folder
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Click on the File tab >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Select the Export to a File option from the list.
- Choose the Outlook Data File (.PST) option and hit the Next button.
- Select the specific folder that you want to extract.
- Select the destination path using the Browse button.
- Lastly, click on the Finish button to create PST file for specific folder in Outlook.
Method 2: By Archiving Data File
- Open Outlook.
- Select the File tab and then Info.
- Select Tools >> Clean Up Old Items option.
- Select the “Archive this Folder and all Subfolders” option.
- Check the “Include items with the Do not Auto Archive” option and select the location.
- Lastly, hit the “OK” button to create PST file for specific folder.
And your all emails will be saved in a separate folder in Outlook as PST. But these methods have some limits such as:
- Outlook must be installed on your system.
- If the exported folder has a large number of emails, then there is a high risk that created PST file will be corrupted.
- Also, if your Outlook profile is not working or you have a corrupted PST file, then this method will not work.
- This method will be tricky for non-technical users.
If you are facing the same issues or limitations, you should use the expert solution, which comes with amazing and advanced features and can make PST file for specific folder without Outlook.
Method 3: Create PST File for Specific Folder without Outlook
Download one of the best and highly suggested RecoveryTools PST Splitter Tool. The software will make a PST file for a folder in Outlook with advanced and amazing features.
Also, there is no need to download any third-party application or Outlook email client on your system. The software is totally independent and standalone, also all technical and non-technical users can easily use the software.
Moreover, the software can make a PST file of specific folder without any limitations and restrictions. Some of the amazing features and working steps are mentioned below in detail.
Working Steps to Create a PST File for a Folder
- Download and launch the software on your system.
- Two options will appear and select one to upload the PST data file.
- Check the Use Recovery Mode option to repair corrupt files.
- All the folders and subfolders will appear and check the required data.
- Select the destination path using the Browse button and enable the required Split Option.
- For more advanced filters, click on the Split Option tab.
- Lastly, click on the Split button to create PST file for specific folder without Outlook.
Now probably you are thinking then why should you choose expert solutions over manual methods? don’t worry, we have explained some advanced features below in detail, which will help you to understand the software.
Prime and Advanced Features of Software
- The software will load the data automatically from the default storage location, whether your Outlook profile is working or not.
- Offers dual options to upload single or multiple PST files using Select Files and Select Folders options.
- Also, the software provides Use Recovery Mode to repair all types of PST files including corrupt, damaged, inaccessible, or orphan files.
- After uploading the data, select the required folders and subfolders from the screen, and choose the required data to save time.
- Allow users to choose the desired saving path using the Browse button.
- The software can easily create PST files for specific folders and the resultant file will be supported in all the latest versions including Outlook, 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have explained all the methods to create PST file for specific folder in Outlook and without Outlook. First, we have used the manual methods to accomplish this task, but the manual way has some limitations. then we have used the expert solution, that comes with advanced features. Also, this tool doesn’t have any restrictions or limitations. I have explained every possible information, hope you find the article helpful.