How to Split Odd and Even Pages in PDF Documents?
Are you also one of those, who are looking for a convenient method to split Odd and Even pages in PDF format? if yes, then you are on the right page. In this write-up, you will get the complete information to save PDF into Odd and Even pages at once with or without using Adobe Acrobat.
We all know that PDF format is one of the most famous and usable document formats around the world, which is used to store important data in it. But sometimes, there are many situations come when we have to split Odd and Even pages in PDF format. but we don’t know the right method or way to accomplish this task.
Without wasting your time, let’s get started the process. But once you should take a look at the reasons, why users want to save their PDF files into Odd and Even pages.
Reasons to Split PDF into Odd and Even Pages
There are many reasons why users want to split PDF into Odd and Even pages. Some of the reasons are mentioned below with user’s queries.
- If you have a large-size PDF file, which you want to print as a booklet or double-sided, you may need to break Odd and Even pages in PDF file.
- Also, if you want to bind your PDF file, then printing Odd and Even pages separately is necessary. So that you can easily organize pages before binding.
- After splitting the PDF file into Odd and Even pages, it may be more helpful to organize and manage it for their users.
“Hello there, I have some 5 PDF files, which contain around 500 pages in them. And all PDF files have blank ODD pages, which I want to remove from the PDF and only want to retain Even pages in PDF file. I tried manual methods, but they do not work for bulk PDF files. So, I am looking for the perfect solution to split Odd and Even pages in PDF format. Could anyone please suggest me?”
Splitting your PDF into Odd and Even pages before printing them is the most important step. Because in case your printer does not support Dulex print mode.
Then you have to manually type 1,3,5,7…. 2,4,6,…so on to split Odd and Even pages in PDF file will take a long time, effort, and patience.
So splitting PDF into Odd and Even pages before printing is the right method. Without wasting time, let’s get started with the process.
How to Split Odd and Even Pages in PDF?
Here we are going to use the first browse then Adobe Acrobat and then the expert solution to extract Odd Even pages from PDF. The first method is completely free for you, and Adobe Acrobat and Expert Solution are paid software, but Adobe Acrobat is very costly, so it is better to use the expert solution which is pocket friendly and comes with amazing features. Both methods are mentioned below in detail:
Extract Odd and Even Pages from PDF Files using Browser
- Open PDF files in any browser (we are using Chrome).
- Click on the Print button from the top corner.
- Choose Destination as the Save as PDF option.
- Select Pages as per your need, and choose Odd Page Only or Even Pages Only, for the selected page choose the Custom option.
- And hit the Save button and select the location to split Odd and Even pages in PDF.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Users can not split PDFs into Odd and Even pages in bulk at once.
- For each PDF, users have to repeat the process again and again.
- Also, this method will take a long time and energy.
Steps to Break Odd and Even Pages in PDF with Adobe Acrobat
- Step 1: Open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Step 2: Select the View >> Tools option.
- Step 3: Choose the Organize >> Open button.
- Step 4: Hit the Split icon from the top corner.
- Step 5: Choose the Page range as Odd and Even.
- Step 6: Lastly, hit the Split button to break Odd and Even pages in PDF file.
- Step 7: A confirmation will appear and choose the OK button.
Limitations of using Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe allows users to upload 100 MB, if you have up to 100MB of PDF then you have to purchase the paid version, which is costly.
- Adobe Acrobat doesn’t support the password-protected PDF file.
- Also, it has less advanced features than the expert solution.
Expert Solution to Split Odd and Even Pages in PDF
Here we are going to use one of the best and highly recommended software PDF Splitter Software by RecoveryTools. The software is widely famous to split large PDF into multiple files using advanced features. This utility can easily split PDF into Odd and Even pages separately in just a few minutes. It has a very simple and easy-to-use interface for all technical and non-technical users.
The software provides a separate option Split by Odd/Even Pages, which makes the two folders of Odd and Even and separates all the pages as per the numbers. Also, the software allows users to save the resultant data at the desired location.
The tool has the power to split multiple page PDF into separate files in bulk without losing any quality of data and other elements available in the PDF file.
Working Steps to Split PDF into Odd and Even Pages in Bulk
- After downloading the software, add the PDF files and Folders using Add Files and Add Folders options.
- Browse the file from your device and hit the Open button.
- Choose the Split by Odd/Even Pages option from the tabs.
- Click on the Split button and browse the location.
- After selecting the location, the live process will start on the screen.
Now on the selected location, you will get the 2 folders name Odd and Even. All the Odd pages had been saved into Odd folders and Even had been saved into Even.
As you can see the a clear difference between manual and expert solutions. Also, the software comes with a free demo version that allows users to split all types of PDF files with the company’s watermark to analyze the process and software features.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we have explained the complete process to split Odd and Even pages in PDF format using the manual and expert solution. If you have certain PDF files, then you should go for the manual methods. And if you have the paid version of Adobe Acrobat then go with it. And if you want a pocket-friendly expert solution that comes with amazing and advanced features, then go for the professional PDF splitter tool. I have tried to explain everything to extract PDF into Odd and Even pages, I hope you find the article helpful.