How to Save Apple Mail as PDF Format? Complete Guide
Overview: Are you searching for a method to save Apple Mail as PDF document? If YES, then read this post. Here, you will get a simple method to export multiple emails to PDF files in batch. Keep reading to know more.
Apple Mail is the default email client for macOS, iOS, OS X, and numerous other Mac clients. Macintosh Mail or Apple Mail is intended to work with practically all email and webmail accounts such as Outlook.com account, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, Gmail, iCloud, and so forth. It involves SMTP for sending messages and messages while getting messages from POP3, IMAP, and so forth.
“Hi! I work on macOS 10.15 and I have been using Apple Mail for a long time. There are some Apple Mail emails stored in my local storage. I want to save Apple Mail as PDF file format for some legal purpose. Is there any solution for this? I cannot afford to change the email properties. Please suggest me some practical methods!”
There are many different solutions available to convert Apple Mail emails to PDF documents on a Mac machine. We will focus on two practical solutions that have served thousands of users worldwide. The first one is a free manual method that helps when the user is dealing with a few emails.
The second method is useful for the bulk export of multiple Apple Mail MBOX files to PDF. It is easy-to-use software with several advanced features that make the process quick and simple. So, let us start with the manual methods first.
Manual Method to Convert Apple Email to PDF Format
Apple Mail provides its very own method to easily save Apple Mail as PDF files. However, its downside is that it is only applicable to one message at a time.
- Launch the Mac Mail Application on your machine.
- Double-click on the email message to open it.
- Go to the File menu and click on the Export as PDF option.
- Select the location where you want to save the PDF file.
- That’s it!
If you want to save multiple emails at once, then opt for the next method that involves a professional solution.
Perfect Solution to Save Apple Mail as PDF Format
The RecoveryTools MBOX Converter is the best possible way to export multiple emails to the required PDF Adobe format on any Mac OS system. Also, it offers many advantages that make the process simple and time-saving.
The solution to save Apple Mail in PDF format does not require the installation of any external software or utility. Moreover, it is easy to use and provides a flexible user interface that can be used by all users on the Internet.
Download the Solution on your system:
Also, there is a DEMO version available for this software. But, the limitation of this demo version is that it allows exporting only 25 files per folder. So, get familiar with the tool by using the free version, and if satisfied, opt for the licensed version for limitless conversion.
Quick Steps to Save Apple Mail as PDF
- Step 1: Download and run the tool.
- Step 2: Add the required files and folders.
- Step 3: Check the needed folders/subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose PDF as saving type.
- Step 5: Choose the location to save results.
- Step 6: Hit the Convert button to convert Apple Mail to PDF.
Working Steps to Export Mac Mail to PDF Format
Firstly, we have to export the mailbox from Apple Mail and then we will save Apple Mail as PDF using the mentioned tool. All the steps are given below in detail:
Step 1: Export Mailbox from Mac Mail
- Go to Mac Mail, select the mailbox folders that you want to save as PDF
- Go to the Mailbox menu, then choose the Export Mailbox option.
- Another way to do so is to right-click on a particular folder and choose the Export Mailbox option.
- Thereafter, select the location where you want to save the file and click the Choose button.
- Well, you will have the files saved in .mbox format.
- We have the data prepared now. So, it is time to export all those Apple Mail mailboxes to PDF format.
Step 2: Save Apple Mail as PDF in Bulk
- Download and install the software on your system.
- Upload the exported files and folders using the Select Files and Select Folders option.
- All the data will appear on the screen, and check the needed folders and subfolders.
- Click on the Select Saving Option and choose PDF as the saving option from the dropdown.
- Click on the Filter Options tab and apply the advanced filter to save Apple Mail as PDF selectively.
- Apply the File Naming Option to manage your resultant data as per your choice.
- Choose the location to save your resultant data using the Browse button.
- Hit the Convert button to convert Apple Mail to PDF format in bulk at once.
Features & Benefits of Apple Mail to PDF Converter
- The software allows users to upload single or multiple exported files and folders using the Select Foles and Select Folders options.
- Also, users can easily convert unlimited exported files to PDF format in bulk at once without having file size limitations.
- The advanced filter option allows users to export selective emails as per choice via Date Range, To, From, Subject, etc. Also, they can remove unwanted and empty folders from the data.
- This tool chooses desktop location by default, and users can easily select the required location using the Browse button.
- Also, it is compatible with all Mac & Windows machines including the latest Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and all previous versions.
- This utility maintains the entire folder structure and original formatting when saving mailbox files to PDF on a Macintosh computer.
In the above write-up, we have explained a complete solution to save Apple Mail as PDF files along with attachments on the Mac machine. This tool allows us to quickly save all files in the required PDF format while maintaining the original formatting of Mac Mail emails. Also, you can try the trial version of the tool for a better understanding. Of course, if you have to process only a few email messages, the free manual method is more than enough for the task.