How to Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Account? A Complete Tutorial
Migrating from IMAP to Office 365 can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and knowledge, you can make the transition quickly and easily. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the steps you need to take to migrate from IMAP to Office 365.
This article is divided into 2 parts:
If you simply want to move your data to Microsoft 365 (primary mailbox, in-place archive mailbox), then go with the instant solution.
However, if you want to export your data into Office 365 shared mailbox, then convert the regular O365 mailbox into the shared mailbox. After that, simply go with the migration process.
Instant Solution: IMAP to Office 365 Migration
No matter how difficult the task of migrating IMAP emails to Office 365 is, there are software solutions available to make the process easier. One such software is the RecoveryTools IMAP Backup Tool, which is designed to help you quickly and easily migrate your IMAP data to Office 365.
This is a simple, user-friendly tool that allows you to quickly and easily migrate your IMAP data to Office 365. It supports both single and multiple mailbox migrations and can be used to migrate data from any IMAP server, including Gmail, Yahoo, and other popular providers. The wizard also supports incremental migrations, allowing you to migrate only the data that has changed since the last migration.
Moreover, this mentioned tool also supports 25+ formats to export the data such as IMAP to PDF, IMAP to PST, migrate IMAP to Exchange, migrate IMAP to G Suite, IMAP to MBOX, migrate IMAP emails to Gmail, and multiple others.
Free Download the Solution:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Free Trial Limitation: – This toolkit comes with a free trial edition that allows the users to migrate only the first 25 emails from the IMAP account to Office 365. You need to first activate the tool to successfully migrate unlimited emails.
Complete Process to Migrate IMAP Emails to Office 365
- Firstly, install & launch the software on your machine. Users are asked here to enter the credentials of their Email Address & Password.
- Alternatively, if a user wants to migrate multiple IMAP email accounts into Office 365 account. You can do it by selecting the “Load Batch mode” option.
- The software will process the user account folders and subsequent data.
- Then, select only the required mailbox folders.
- After that, select Office 365 option from the saving list.
- Choose language and enter the Office 365 mailbox user id.
- Finally, select the primary mailbox option and click on the Backup button to start the process.
- In the end, the application will pop-up a confirmation message box. Here, authenticate the Ofifce 365 account.
- Finally, the software will migrate emails from IMAP to Office 365 account.
Prime Features of the Migration Tool
- Easy & User-friendly Interface:
The tool is designed to provide an easy & simplified working interface. A user will not face any problems while trying to use this tool. It comes up with a very user-friendly interface that makes the whole migration process smooth.
- Preserve the on-disk Folder Hierarchy:
This application is designed to provide maximum benefits to its users. It will preserve & maintain the original system folder hierarchy of mailboxes. The emails from any specific folder will migrate IMAP emails to Office 365 account.
- Batch Migrate Multiple IMAP Accounts to Office 365:
A user can batch migrate emails from an IMAP account to Office 365 account. Users only need to enter the credentials of multiple IMAP accounts through a CSV file. A user can list the login credentials of all these email clients in the same file & then browse it to the server.
- Keep Emails Integrity Intact:
Moreover, the IMAP to Office 365 Migration tool will keep IMAP emails metadata & properties completely preserved. It will not make any changes to the original components of emails like email headers, signatures, inserted attachment files, etc.
- Apply Filters for Selective Migration:
This toolkit will provide multiple filter settings to its users. By applying these settings, a user can selectively export only the desired items. So, the user can apply these filter settings on the basis of To, From, Date Range, or Subject.
- Run-on both Mac & Windows OS:
A user can run the IMAP to Office 365 migration software easily on both Microsoft Windows & Mac OS devices. It is compatible with both OS without any platform dependency.
Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Shared Mailbox
As mentioned before, to move your data from IMAP to Shared mailbox, you need to convert your regular primary mailbox into shared mailbox. Then, carry out the migration process.
To convert a primary mailbox to a shared mailbox in Office 365, follow the steps below:
- First, log in to your Office 365 account as an administrator.
- Next, open the Admin Center.
- Select “Active Users” from the left-hand menu.
- Locate the user whose primary mailbox you want to convert to a shared mailbox.
- Select the user and then click on the “Mail Settings” option.
- Go to more settings and click on “Convert to shared mailbox” option.
- Click “Convert” in the next step to confirm the selection.
- After the conversion process is complete, the primary mailbox will now appear as a shared mailbox in Office 365.
Once you have the shared mailbox, use the software solution described above to get the job done. Just make sure to choose the user account you changed to shared mailbox.
Migration from IMAP to Office 365
- Step 1: Run the tool and enter IMAP account details.
- Step 2: Select Office 365 as saving option.
- Step 3: Prepare and set Office 365 settings.
- Step 4: Start the IMAP to Office 365 process.
Since the mailbox has already been converted to a Shared one, the data will be sent into the shared mailbox even after choosing the “export to primary mailbox” option in the tool.
This article gives a detailed process of how to migrate IMAP to Office 365 account. Moreover, there are multiple other solutions present on the Internet but this is one of the best and most effortless solutions present on the Internet. We recommend you all continue with this solution without the need for any kind of technical guidance.