How to Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Account? A Complete Tutorial
Migrating from IMAP to Office 365 can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and knowledge, you can make the transition quickly and easily. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the steps you need to take to migrate IMAP to Office 365 account.
Multiple businesses are using IMAP-based email clients for professional work and they want to import IMAP to Office 365 accounts due to the popularity of MS O365 and some other reasons.
As we all that MS Office 365 is a widely used platform, which provides multiple apps and services at one platform to maintain users’ data. And it is especially used by large businesses and organizations.
However, IMAP to Office 365 migration is not easy for all users, but don’t worry, here we are going to discuss all the easiest and possible methods to accomplish the task. Before starting the process, let’s have a look at the requirements for why users want to migrate IMAP to Office 365 account.
Reasons for IMAP to Office 365 Migration
- IMAP-based email clients are suitable for small businesses, however, large organizations or business users prefer Microsoft 365.
- Also, MS O365 has an end number of advanced features, which makes it the first choice of users to manage their official data.
- Primarily IMAP based services don’t provide highly advanced security, but Office 365 provides.
How to Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Account Directly?
Because of the complications in manual methods, we are not going to suggest any manual methods here. We don’t want to lose your important data, so for security reasons, we will highly recommend the RecoveryTools IMAP Backup Tool.
No matter how difficult the task to migrate IMAP to Office 365 is, there are software solutions available to make the process easier. This is a simple, user-friendly tool that allows you to migrate your IMAP data quickly and easily to Office 365.
It supports both single and multiple mailbox migrations and can be used to migrate data from any IMAP server, including Gmail, Yahoo, and other popular providers. The wizard also supports incremental migrations, allowing you to migrate only the data that has changed since the last migration.
Free Trial Limitation: – This toolkit comes with a free trial edition that allows the users to migrate only the first 25 emails from the IMAP account to Office 365. You need to first activate the tool to successfully migrate unlimited emails.
Steps to Import IMAP to Office 365
- Step 1: Download the software.
- Step 2: Enter the login details and IMAP details.
- Step 3: Select the required folders and subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose Office 365 as a saving option.
- Step 5: Enter the login details of the Office 365 account.
- Step 6: Hit the Backup button to migrate IMAP to Office 365.
Prime Features of IMAP to Office 365 Migration Tool
- Easy & User-friendly Interface: The tool is designed to provide an easy & simplified working interface. A user will not face any problems while trying to use this tool. It comes up with a very user-friendly interface that makes the whole migration process smooth.
- Preserve the on-disk Folder Hierarchy: This application is designed to provide maximum benefits to its users. It will preserve & maintain the original system folder hierarchy of mailboxes. The emails from any specific folder will migrate IMAP to Office 365 account.
- Batch Migrate Multiple IMAP Accounts to Office 365: A user can batch migrate emails from an IMAP account to Office 365 account. Users only need to enter the credentials of multiple IMAP accounts through a CSV file. A user can list the login credentials of all these email clients in the same file & then browse it to the server.
- Keep Emails Integrity Intact: Moreover, the IMAP to Office 365 Migration tool will keep IMAP email metadata & properties completely preserved. It will not make any changes to the original components of emails like email headers, signatures, inserted attachment files, etc.
- Apply Filters for Selective Migration: This toolkit will provide multiple filter settings to its users. By applying these settings, a user can selectively export only the desired items. So, the user can apply these filter settings based on To, From, Date Range, or Subject.
- Run-on both Mac & Windows OS: A user can run the IMAP to Office 365 migration software easily on both Microsoft Windows & Mac OS devices. It is compatible with both OS without any platform dependency.
Complete Procedure to Migrate IMAP to Office 365
- Firstly, install & launch the software on your machine. Users are asked here to enter the credentials of their Email Address & Password.
- Alternatively, if a user wants to migrate multiple IMAP email accounts into Office 365 account. You can do it by selecting the “Load Batch mode” option.
- The software will process the user account folders and subsequent data.
- Then, select only the required mailbox folders.
- After that, select Office 365 option from the saving list.
- Click on the Filter Options tab and apply the advanced filters for specific emails.
- Choose the language and enter the Office 365 mailbox user id.
- Finally, select the primary mailbox option and click on the Backup button to migrate IMAP to Office 365.
- In the end, the application will pop up a confirmation message box. Here, authenticate the Office 365 account.
- And finally, the IMAP to Office 365 migration will start, and after the successful process, a confirmation message will appear and hit the OK button.
Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Shared Mailbox
As mentioned before, to move your data from IMAP to Shared mailbox, you need to convert your regular primary mailbox into shared mailbox. Then, carry out the migration process.
To convert a primary mailbox to a shared mailbox in Office 365, follow the steps below:
- First, log in to your Office 365 account as an administrator.
- Next, open the Admin Center.
- Select “Active Users” from the left-hand menu.
- Locate the user whose primary mailbox you want to convert to a shared mailbox.
- Select the user and then click on the “Mail Settings” option.
- Go to More Settings and click on the “Convert to shared mailbox” option.
- Click “Convert” in the next step to confirm the selection.
- After the conversion process is complete, the primary mailbox will now appear as a shared mailbox in Office 365.
Once you have the shared mailbox, use the software solution described above to get the job done. Just make sure to choose the user account you changed to a shared mailbox.
If you going to use this tool for an organization or large company, where you often migrate data from one platform to another. Then you should use the Cloud Backup Tool or Cloud Restore Software to accomplish your task.
The mentioned tool is good for home users, for companies you should use these tools because it comes with highly advanced algorithms and features. So that users can easily migrate data in bulk without having limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Office 365 use IMAP or POP?
The Office365 supports IMAP / SMTP.
- Can I Install this tool in the Dutch language?
Yes, the IMAP to Office 365 migration tool allow users to install the tool in different language including English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, etc.
- What is the use of the “I Am Admin” option in this tool?
If any user has admin account credentials for Office 365, then they can enable this option and enter the login details to migrate IMAP to Office 365.
- Is the “Use Batch Mode” option used to migrate emails from multiple IMAP accounts?
Yes, this option allows users to migrate emails from multiple IMAP accounts by simply uploading a CSV file that contains login details of all charges. And also, users can add their email address and password in the mentioned column.
This article gives a detailed process of how to migrate IMAP to Office 365 account. Moreover, there are multiple other solutions present on the Internet but this is one of the best and most effortless solutions present on the Internet. We recommend you all continue with this solution without the need for any kind of technical guidance.