How to Migrate Gmail to G Suite/Google Workspace Account?
Both Gmail and G Suite are developed by Google, but due to some requirements for Gmail to Google Workspace / G Suite migration. Before starting the process to migrate Gmail to G Suite, have a look at the basic information about both services.
Gmail Vs G Suite / Google Workspace
Gmail is one of the free email services used by more than half of the population to manage their personal data. It provides better security features. Users can also use this professional use but sometimes face an issue while managing their entire data. At that time, it is better for them to migrate to a better business email platform such as G Suite. A lot of users are already seeking a solution to migrate Gmail to G Suite account. There are not only single but multiple other reasons for that.
G Suite is one of the Basic Business Collaboration Suites that offers users the to store their professional data. Using this, it is possible to share business emails, calendars, and contacts, and do video meetings, conferences, and multiple other things. G Suite is basically an essential and upgraded version of Gmail accounts. It stores the entire data on the Cloud platform with better and more effective security features.
Here, in this write-up, we will discuss the complete solution to migrate personal Gmail to a G Suite account. Just stay with us till the end, and get both the free as well as the paid solutions.
Freeway to Migrate Gmail to G Suite / Google Workspace
Google itself provides a method to ensure Gmail to G Suite Migration is completely free of cost. One can migrate personal Gmail to Google Workspace with the help of Google Data Migration Service. Follow these steps to do so:
- Sign in to your Google Admin Console using an Administrator account.
- Go to Data Migration available at More Controls from the Admin Console Home Page.
- Choose the Email option from the list.
- Select the Gmail option from the Migration Source list & click on Connect.
- Either Accept default options or choose whether to migrate deleted and junk emails.
- Click on Select Users to hover over Add (+) and click Select User.
- Enter the user’s Old Gmail Addresses in the Migration Form.
- Type the user’s new G Suite email Addresses in Migrate To.
- Click on the Authorize button and again Sign In to your Account.
- Gmail account owners need to review and grant permission to access emails and then click on Allow.
- Copy and paste the Authorization Code in the Authorization Code field in the Admin Console.
- Click on the Start button to initialize the whole process. To migrate Gmail to another user, repeat these steps. Click on Exit Migration to migrate Gmail to G Suite.
Limitations of Free Solution:
The above solution is not suitable for non-technical users to migrate Gmail to G Suite. The process is very technical and requires knowledge of all aspects of Data Migration and its risks. It is a very time-consuming process and users may lose their precious time in performing a Migration from Gmail to G Suite.
Effective Solution to Migrate from Gmail to Google Workspace
In the above section, we discussed a free method to migrate Gmail to G Suite account and also its limitations. To overcome its limitations, one can use a RecoveryTools Gmail Backup Tool. One such feature of this application is that it provides users with dual options. Users can easily do a migration of a complete personal Google Mail account without imposing any kind of size limitations.
Users only need to provide Account Login credentials for both source and resultant Google Account and the software will instantly initialize it’s working.
Quick Steps for Gmail to Google Workspace Migration
- Step 1: Download the Gmail to G Suite migration tool.
- Step 2: Enter the login details of your Gmail account.
- Step 3: Check the required folders and subfolders.
- Step 4: Choose the Saving Option as G Suite from the list.
- Step 5: Enter the credentials of your G Suite account.
- Step 6: Click on the Backup button to migrate Gmail to G Suite.
Advanced Features of Gmail to G Suite Migration Tool
- The software allows users to migrate emails from multiple Gmail accounts at once easily by uploading credentials or CSV file that contains login details.
- Users can easily migrate only selected folders from the panel including Inbox, Sent, Draft, Trash, Important, and other created labels.
- The Gmail to G Suite migration tool allows users to map folders into desired languages including English (Default), Spanish, French, German, Finnish, Norwegian, etc.
- The tool has some advanced filter options, allowing users to migrate only selected emails via Date Range, To, From, Subject, etc.
- Also, it retains data integrity, folder hierarchy, and email components, while migrating emails including Bcc, Cc, To, From, Subject, Time and date, Formatting, Font Size, and color, Images, and Signature.
- The Gmail to Google Workspace migration tool allows users to migrate Gmail to G Suite in bulk at once without having any file size limitations.
How to Migrate Gmail to G Suite / Google Workspace Account?
- Download the mentioned Migration tool from here. Install and run the software on your Windows PC.
- Enter the login credentials of your Gmail account there. Choose the respective settings option.
- The utility will instantly start downloading Gmail mailbox items in the application panel. Choose the selected items that you want to migrate personal Gmail to Google Workspace.
- From the Select Savings option list, choose the saving option as G Suite.
- Enter Account Login credentials for the destination G Suite account.
- The utility also supports selective backup of items on the basis of some filters like Subject, Date, To, From, etc.
- Click on the Backup button and the application will instantly initialize the Gmail to G Suite Migration.
- Hit the OK button after the conversion process is finished successfully.
- Login to your output G Suite Account to check results and access resultant items in it.
The article deals with a large number of queries like How to migrate Gmail to G Suite account. We have mentioned two complete solutions for the complete migration. Moreover, you can continue with any of the solutions that suit your requirements. Still, it is better to continue with the automated approach as that will provide you with better and desired results with 100% accuracy. You can also compare the solution with other solutions present on the Internet, and you can find it better to migrate personal Gmail to Google Workspace.