How to Convert / Import Dovecot to Thunderbird with Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird Converter Tool?
In this article we get to know how to Import Dovecot to Thunderbird account. One can convert Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird account quickly & instantly. If you are looking for a way to import Courier Mail, Postfix, Qmail or Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird mail account then surely you are at the right platform. We take the help of a third-party software i.e. Dovecot to Thunderbird migration tool which provides a direct option to do so.
Dovecot is one of the highly performing IMAP Server available as Open-source Mail Server for Linux/UNIX OS. Dovecot allows self-optimization of Indexes as well self-healing feature to automatically repair or fix broken index files. It is very user-friendly working well with clustered filesystems. Dovecot supports easy migration from IMAP & POP3 Mail Servers to successfully transfer all the data according to the requirement of users.
Dovecot supports the standard Maildir file format to store all the information of emails & messages. Postfix 2.3+ & Exim 4.64+ also supports to export their mailbox items as Maildir files. Maildir can store a single unique file per email unlike the default monolithic single file per folder. Particularly most of the UNIX/Linux users or administrators are familiar with Maildir file format, but one cannot point Thunderbird account with Maildir files as a Mail Server directory as well nothing will get the message flags stored in these emails. One has to use some other third-party procedures or mechanisms to import Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird email client.
How to Import Dovecot to Thunderbird Email Client?
In the above video tutorial, we get to know about how to import Dovecot to Thunderbird email account. It provides a safest way to successfully import Maildir to Thunderbird tool. The software will provide a direct option migrate emails of Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird client along with all inserted attachments. The utility will automatically detect the default Thunderbird Profile location directly in the application panel.
There are large number of users who wants to switch from Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird email account. There are lots of conditions which are needed to be considers & one have to transfer all your email copy database to other email clients. They regularly asked about it on various forums & platform to successfully import Dovecot to Thunderbird email client like as displayed below:
I have a Dovecot IMAP server that has used mail from external mail servers and distributed them locally. This server is now used by a Single user because other users are used to using the web-based hosted email account. I want to close this local mail server, but the specified user has previous e-mails in the mail server. Can I import all emails from the Dovecot Mail Server to the local Thunderbird installation? My goal is to close the Dovecot IMAP Server and allow the user to access older emails. Any solution for it will be highly appreciated?
- Richard Julia, Peru
From the above query we can successfully analyze that a large number of users wants to import emails & other mailbox items from Dovecot to Thunderbird account. As Dovecot stores all the emails, messages & all information as Maildir files. This can be done with the help of RecoveryTools Maildir Migrator providing direct option to import Maildir to Thunderbird tool. The software will automatically detect the destination Thunderbird Profile Path but requires Thunderbird Installed in your system.
Free Download Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird Migration Tool:
The trial version of the software will enable the users to successfully import first 25 emails from each folder of Maildir directory to Thunderbird account. The software also enables the users to export all the subdirectories of Maildir to Thunderbird Mail including Cur, TMP, & New. The software is introduced to ease the whole process to migrate Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird account. One can better understand all of its working just by following these simple steps:
- Access to your Dovecot mailbox items in a separate Maildir file format.
- Run Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird Migration tool & read all significant instructions.
- The software will ask the users to load Maildir files by dual ways i.e. Select Files or Select Folders option.
- Choose the Dovecot files or the whole folder containing source Dovecot Maildir files & click on Open button.
- The software will load all the selected Dovecot Maildir directories & subdirectories including Trash, cur, new, or tmp. Choose all required mailbox items which you want to import into Thunderbird.
- Choose Thunderbird option from the list of 30+ Select Saving options.
- The software will automatically detect the default Thunderbird Profile location directly in the application panel.
- The setup process finalized click on Next button to start the Dovecot to Thunderbird Migration process. The software will also display a live conversion process to help the users in analyzing the whole process.
- After the conversion process finished completely with successful results the software will display a confirmation box. Click on OK button to confirm & exit from here.
- The software will directly open the destination path from where users can directly access the resultant Thunderbird mailbox data.
- The Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird Migration tool will also provide users a SavingLog report having all the information like Start Date & Time, Saving Type as Thunderbird, Source File Path, Items Converted, Destination folder path as well final status of the whole process.
The working of this amazing software is very easy & simplified without making any changes in its original content. The utility is designed in a way that even once the conversion process finished completely intact as original. The utility is powerful approach to perform Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird migration in a very secured way.
Major Features of Dovecot to Thunderbird Migration Tool:
The software is designed with advanced features to perform the Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird migration. It successfully import Dovecot mailbox data to Thunderbird Mail account along with all inserted attachments. One can perform multiple file conversion for the transfer of Dovecot Maildir files to Thunderbird account. It can easily maintain all the formatting of the emails including with folder hierarchy. Some of the major advantages which comes up with this amazing software are also listed below:
- The software successfully import all the emails of Maildir to Thunderbird mail account.
- The utility will automatically detect the default Thunderbird Profile in the application panel which will enable the users to quickly migrate Dovecot to Thunderbird account.
- It is a necessary condition for the users to have Thunderbird Email Client installed in your system. Without Thunderbird installation the utility will unable to locate the default Thunderbird Profile path.
- The software is capable to export unlimited Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird account without facing any file size limitation. The toolkit is tested with 50 GB of Maildir files by our Experts to import Maildir emails into Thunderbird application.
- The free trial version of the utility will enable the users to export only first 25 emails from each folder.
- The utility will maintain the on-disk System Folder hierarchy of the Dovecot Mailbox items completely original after the conversion process finished successfully.
- The utility is completely Windows compatible solution which can easily run on Microsoft Windows 10, Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP, Win Vista for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS editions.
- The software can perform all of its working without making any loss in the formatting & properties of the emails like no changes in Email Headers, To, From, Cc, Subject, Date, as well Font Face, Formatting of the emails etc.
The Verge: In this article we get to know about how can a user successfully import Dovecot Maildir to Thunderbird email client. There are large number of users who wants to migrate Dovecot to Thunderbird quickly. The professional Dovecot to Thunderbird Migration tool is designed with advanced algorithms which makes it capable to automatically detect the default Thunderbird Profile path.