How to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook & Outlook For Mac ?
If you’re like most people, you keep your contacts organized in an Excel spreadsheet. But what happens when you need to send a big list of contacts to Outlook. In this article, we discuss about how to export contacts from Excel to Outlook Windows & Mac versions. A large number of users are looking for the best way to import Excel Contacts to Outlook. That’s why in this article we will explain the complete procedure. So, keep reading.
In the database or spreadsheet program i.e. Excel, archiving contacts and records are normal. But it is one of the best applications to create contact details as CSV files. But by default, Microsoft Excel allows you to save contacts in XLS/XLSX format. However, CSV files are supported by a large number of applications and email clients to import/export Contacts & Address Books.
Another hand, Microsoft’s flagship email client application – Outlook is one of the best applications. It’s the most important email program for businesses and consumers alike. Millions of businesses rely on Outlook to send and receive critical messages every single day. If a user wants to import email addresses and contacts from Excel to Outlook, then the best option is to export contacts from CSV files.
Reasons to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook/Mac
One can export Excel Contacts to Outlook with the help of CSV files. Outlook provides a direct option to import Contacts as Comma Separated Values (CSV) files. But it is not as easy as it looks. When a user tries to import contacts from Excel to Outlook Error No Named Ranges, then the user needs to map the files. A large number of users face various challenges during importing email addresses from Excel to Outlook Distribution Lists. Some of them are listed below:
“In MS Office 2016, I have all my contacts from a previous Outlook 2010 installation saved in an Excel sheet. I have tried dozens of times to import, but when Outlook is supposed to do the mapping of the columns, it only results in one column in my CSV-file: firstname;middlename;surname, etc. It means I cannot map the data correctly. I have tried saving in MS-DOS .txt and Tab delimited, but it does not get any better. I have tried saving on another computer and it does not help either. Also, I have tried importing to Gmail with same result.”
- Source: https://superuser.com/questions/
“For a long time, I have been thinking to migrate from Windows OS to Mac. I have a huge number of Excel contacts on my Windows-based PC. But now, I am using a Mac system. Is there some way through which I can import contacts from Excel to Outlook 2016 Mac? Please suggest to me an easy solution to import Excel contacts to Outlook Mac.”
- Markus Tog, 13 Aug 2018
How to Create CSV File Thru Excel Spreadsheet ?
To import Contacts from Excel Spreadsheet to Outlook, a user first need to create CSV file & then import it into Outlook. Follow these simple steps to create CSV file in Excel:
- Open Worksheet with all contact and address book details in Excel
- From the File menu, choose Save As.
- Select a folder location to save the resultant files.
- In Save As dialog box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) from Save As Type drop-down menu.
- Click on the Save button & you will see a message box displaying information as the selected file type does not contain workbooks that contain multiple sheets.
- Click on the OK button & it will display another message box as Some features in your workbook might be lost if you save them as a CSV file. Click on the Yes button to save files.
You have now saved your Excel Worksheet contacts as CSV files. Now users needs to import Excel CSV file to Outlook.
Excel Contacts to Outlook Importer – Solution For Mac & Windows Users
As we all know that Outlook itself provides a direct option to import Contacts as CSV files. But, the major problem which user faces is the issue of mapping CSV file columns to Outlook contact fields. To accomplish this task easily without facing this issue, one possible solution is to convert CSV to PST files. Users can convert CSV files to Outlook Data File format with the help of third-party applications. One such software is CSV Contacts Converter which allows the batch to convert multiple CSV files to PST.
Download the Solution on your Computer:
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Choose One Of Them:
How to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook – Windows Editions?
Choose one of them as per your requirements.
How to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 ?
The working of the software is very easy and can be understood by following these simplified steps:
- First of all, you need to download the solution on your computer.
- Now, you need to browse for the CSV file from the location where you have saved Excel Sheet.
- Choose all the CSV Address Book files available in the folder.
- Select the PST option from the list of Select Saving options. You can also change your destination path.
- After setup conversion options, click on the Convert button & analyze the process.
- After the process is finished successfully, click OK to close the message confirmation box.
- Access & Import the resultant PST file into the Outlook Mail App or Webmail.
- Run Outlook on your PC & then click on File
- Select Open Outlook Data File option from Open & Export.
- After a few minutes, the PST files automatically opened.
As we can see that the working of the application is very easy and short. It will help the users to instantly import the contacts and address book from Excel to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, etc.
How to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook Mac 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011 ?
Follow the above process to export Excel Contacts to PST file using the same solution for the Mac version. Thereafter, follow the simple procedure:
- Run Outlook 2016 for Mac on your Machine.
- From the Tools tab of Mac Outlook, choose the Import option here
- Select Outlook for Windows Archive File (.pst) & continue.
- Browse for the source PST file on your PC & choose Import
- The resultant Contacts will start appearing in the People section of your Navigation bar.
- The Excel Contacts to Outlook 2016 for Mac migration process finished successfully.
FAQs – Export Excel Contacts to Outlook Program:
Que: How can I map my Excel columns with Outlook Fields?
Ans: You certainly do not need to worry about it. The toolkit will ask the users to manually map fields of Excel database files to Outlook fields.
Que: is this utility offers any file size limitation to its users?
Ans: No, there is no file size limitation offered by this toolkit. However, during trial, it only export first 10 contacts from the user directory.
Que: Do I need to have Excel Program installed on PC for the working of the software?
Ans: No, you did not need to have a Microsoft Excel program in your system for the working of this utility.
Que: Can I try & check the working of this software before making any purchases?
Ans: Yes, you can free download & try the trial version of this toolkit with a limitation of conversion of 10 contacts.
This is the best place to deal with the various queries of a user regarding the Import Excel Contacts to Outlook. We have provided a state-of-the-art solution to import Excel Address Book & Contacts to Outlook & Outlook for Mac programs. You can choose the right solution from the above section. The software will also come up in a package of programs requiring to transfer of contacts. You can try the software & understand its works without making changes to its original content.
Export Excel Spreadsheet to Maildir