How to Import Contacts from Excel to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?
In this article we discuss about how to export contacts from Excel to Outlook App or Webmail. A large number of users are looking for a best way to import email addresses from Excel to Outlook distribution list. Easily know how to export Excel to Outlook Contacts Group with the help of third-party Excel to Outlook Contacts Converter software.
Excel is a perfect application to create contacts details as CSV files. CSV files are supported by large number of applications and email clients to import/export Contacts & Address Books. If a user wants to import email address and other contacts attributes into Outlook then the best option is to export contacts from CSV files.
Why to Import Contacts from Excel to Outlook?
One can export Excel Contacts to Outlook with the help of CSV files. Outlook provides direct option to import Contacts as Comma Separated Values (CSV) files. But it is not so easy as it looks like. When a user tries to import contacts from Excel to Outlook Error No Named Ranges, then user need to map the files. A large number of users face various challenges during import email addresses from Excel to Outlook Distribution Lists. Some of them are listed below:
“In MS Office 2010, I have all my contacts from a previous Outlook 2010 installation saved in an Excel sheet. I have tried dozens of times to import, but when Outlook is supposed to do the mapping of the columns, it only results in one column in my CSV-file: firstname;middlename;surname, etc. It means I cannot map the data correctly. I have tried saving in MS-DOS .txt and Tab delimited, but it does not get any better. I have tried saving on another computer and it does not help either. Also, I have tried importing to Gmail with same result.”
- Source: https://superuser.com/questions/362875/cant-import-contacts-into-outlook-from-excel
“One of my senior shares me Excel file with contact information. And, when I open the file in MS Excel all schemas are at a right place on the top of each column. But, when I try to import the excel file in my Outlook email profile, it displays “The MS Excel file has no named ranges. Use Excel to name the range of data you want to import”. I searched about “named ranges” in the Excel program, but I did not find any such thing. Can someone have any methods that rid of this error, please suggest me”
- Markus Tog, 13 Aug, 2018
How to Create CSV File Thru Excel Spreadsheet?
To import Contacts from Excel Spreadsheet to Outlook, a user first need to create CSV file & then import it into Outlook. Follow these simple steps to create CSV file in Excel:
- Open Worksheet with all contact and address book details in Excel
- From File menu, choose Save As.
- Select a folder location to save resultant files.
- In Save As dialog box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) from Save As Type drop-down menu.
- Click on Save button & you will see a message box displaying information as the selected file type does not contain workbooks that contain multiple sheets.
- Click on OK button & it will display another message box as Some features in your Workbook might be lost if you save it as CSV file. Click on Yes button to save files.
You have now saved your Excel Worksheet contacts as CSV files. Now user need to import Excel CSV file to Outlook.
How to Import Contacts to Outlook from Excel?
As we all know that Outlook itself provides direct option to import Contacts as CSV files. But, the major problem which user faces is the issue of mapping of CSV file columns to Outlook contact fields. To accomplish this task easily without facing this issue, one possible solution is to convert CSV to PST file. User can convert CSV files to Outlook Data File format with the help of third-party applications. One such software is CSV Contacts Converter that allows the batch convert multiple CSV files to PST. The working of the software is very easy and can be understood by following these simplified steps:
- Download the utility from given below, Install & Run it in Windows PC.
- Browse for the CSV file from location where you have saved Excel Sheet.
- Choose all the CSV Address Book files available in the folder.
- Select PST option from list of Select Saving options. You can also change destination path.
- After setup conversion options, click on Convert button & analyze the process.
- After process finished successfully, click OK to close message confirmation box.
- Access & Import resultant PST file into the Outlook Mail App or Webmail.
- Run Outlook in your PC & then click on File
- Select Import/Export option from Open & Export
- Choose ‘import from another program or file’ option & click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (*.pst) from file type to import & click Next.
- Browse for the PST file to Import & choose Remove duplicate items imported.
- Choose the folders to import as well include or remove subfolders.
As we can see that the working of the application is very easy and short. It will help the users to instantly import the contacts and address book from Excel to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 etc.
The Verge: As we can see in this article about how do a user can import contacts from Excel to Outlook. We deal with various queries of users like:
how to Import contacts to outlook from excel, how to import contacts from excel to outlook 2016, how do i import email addresses from excel to outlook distribution list, how to import email addresses from excel to outlook, how to export contacts from excel to outlook, how do i export excel to outlook contacts group etc.
The application proves to be one of the perfect choices for the users in terms of speed and accuracy.